User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra
    Blame it on the linelady and umpire .

I like the decision made by TH. There is no use in continuing the match when FROM THE BEGINNING the lineladies/men are against him....

The tournament committee should have anticipated this kind of possibility.
    The umpire should have admitted that it is the linelady's first decision that should be valid, not the second one.

If only the umpire had realized the reputation at stake, the linelady should have been replaced immediately. Unfortunately, the umpire prefered defending the PARTIAL linelady to defending the reputation of the HO....

Again, it is clear what TH wanted is a fair play on the part of the umpire and linemen/ladies.

If I were the organizer, I would replace the umpire and linelady and asked TH and LD to play again from 0-0. As simple as that!!!!
    We all know Indra is TH-biased, so not surprise to read this!

But serious though, could someone familiar with tournament rule pls clarify:

(1) When a line judge make a first call, and then change his/her mind and make a second and different call, is this allowed?
    (2) Can the umpire insist the first call stand and ignore the second call?

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    I agree...its uncalled for! That is why players like Taufik never got my support....they are too emotional and hot-headed.

Plus, it's so early in the match and not even a critical point.

What matters is that Taufik DOES NOT WANT to be beaten by Lin Dan prior to the WC AGAIN! That is why he conveniently walked out of the match...what a selfish spoilt brat!
    Wow, I've never seen you vent like that. This thing must have touched a nerve big time. In any case, I agree that he does not want LD to get the mental upperhand prior to the WC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by byelnats
    What the **** is wrong with Taufik! Honestly, I hate that guy now. Does he think everybody has to make a good call for him. Geez! He has some attitude problem. It really shames the Indonesian badminton. He already did that once in the Indonesian Open. The lineman called a shot from Bao Chunlai "in" and then he walked towards him, had a "good" chat and that lineman conveniently changed his mind like a minute later to "out". What the hell! If this is not someone's prank, that guy should be dropped off the Indonesian squad. We have been pampering him too much. What a SPOILED BRAT!

He should be prepared to have some line calls against him. It is only natural. He went inside the enemy's territory and should be prepared to face hostility. Just like players from other countries came to Indonesian Open. Bao Chunlai, Chen Yu are good example of people who were getting bad calls against them on Indonesian Open (Coincidentally against Taufik). Whenever players are playing away, they should mentally be prepared for things like this.

I think with the news recently that compared him with Lin Dan, he is afraid he will lose. So he intentionally walked out. Oh my GOD!!! I'm really frustrated now.

Sony, please win now.
    Don't blame TH for the problem created as a result of the umpire/linemen's unprofessional conduct [failing to make a firm decision].

If the umpire cannot be trusted, what's the point in continuing the match?

The organizer should have been aware that the TH and LD encounter is a match prone to controversies and possible protests from both sides. I am behind TH, anyway. This is a life and death match for both of them....
    The committee has failed to anticipate this....

Anyhow, for TH, dignity is a lot more important than winning the tournament...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No professionalism at all. Taufik should be fired forever.

Players' job is to entertaining people, while Taufik cannot do this job at all, he only thinks himself, nothing else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linus
    We all know Indra is TH-biased, so not surprise to read this!

But serious though, could someone familiar with tournament rule pls clarify:

(1) When a line judge make a first call, and then change his/her mind and make a second and different call, is this allowed?
    (2) Can the umpire insist the first call stand and ignore the second call?

Thanks
    1) He/she is allowed to change his/her mind. Good example is one during the recent Indonesian Open. During a match Taufik Vs Bao, the lineman changed his mind after a "good" chat with Taufik.

2) The umpire has the power to overrule any of the call. So it is up to him/her to decide whether to approve the first or second call.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad
    Wow, I've never seen you vent like that. This thing must have touched a nerve big time. In any case, I agree that he does not want LD to get the mental upperhand prior to the WC.
    Well...I thought ranking points are important to him in order to avoid being pitted against the big-guns in the WC. Somehow, it does not really matter to him. That's the disappointing fact that as a sportsman, he does not try his best in most of the occassions which he deem unnecessary. He displayed that attitude when he conveniently walked out of the China Open 2005, citing an injury.

I think Taufik should retire early....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Taufik! Oops i did it again..

Hey, what is this i hear taufik walking from a match...bcos of a bad line call!!!

I think he still has more to improve in terms of professionalism, sportsmanship and mental maturity. His actions remind me of Lin Dan in the last M'sian Open.

IMO, the blunder was solely on the linesman. Real hurried poor judgement.

I feel for taufik in this instance. You can really get frustrated when the officials are of sub-standard quality and experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm a big fan of taufik...but what he did is too childish...he should be punished by IBF for his attitude....bad calls can hit anybody not only taufik....and i'm sure he also knows that...
    nevertheless i'm still a big Fan of his ...not because of his personality....but because of his beauty play of Badm, his technique...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, i concur, poor show by TH. i think only his most ardent fans will stand by his current decision. i mean, i would agree if 3 or 4 clearly biased decisions went against, but to walk out after just 1, hmmmm, not cool ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at least he shook hands with the ump and lin dan before he walked out.
    but boy, if i were there, i'd want my money back hehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any result from men single ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so hopefully lindan vs sony n lee chongwei vs chen jin in semi ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

n lee chong wei vs lindan in final ... n of couse lindan beat him again, hehehehe

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A quote from sports.sina.com:

林丹显然对陶菲克的举动无法理解,而且这才是比赛刚开始的时候,陶菲克完全有机会追上来的,何必就这么放 弃了比赛了呢。

Lin Dan was puzzled with Taufik's actions, esp since it's still in the early stages. Taufik still had the chance to catch up...there's no need to give up the match!

而陶菲克则和教练一起离开场地,愤怒地表示,没有什么可说的。但在球场外碰上几名支持者,陶菲克顿时又恢复 了笑容,还和支持者一起拍照和交换电话。对裁判陶菲克还是忿忿不平:我觉得边裁有问题,如果她不懂得预判 ,就不要随便做预判,这会影响我的判断。而且之后她马上改了判决,这当中有什么问题,大家心里都很清楚。没 有一个公平的比赛环境,所以我不想再打下去了。林丹喜欢赢就让他赢去吧,我去澳门玩。

Taufik regained his composure and even smiled after he met his supporters later on. He even exchanged phone numbers with them. He commented that he disliked playing in an environment that was deemed unfair to him. His last comment "Since Lin Dan liked winning, he can win for all I care....I am going to Macau to play!".

This is a totally unprofessional attitude! I really hope IBF can take a look at this incident and fine PBSI and Taufik!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

n for men double , chandra n tony will win this HO title

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't blame TH for the problem created as a result of the umpire/linemen's unprofessional conduct [failing to make a firm decision].

If the umpire cannot be trusted, what's the point in continuing the match?

The organizer should have been aware that the TH and LD encounter is a match prone to controversies and possible protests from both sides. I am behind TH, anyway. This is a life and death match for both of them....
    The committee has failed to anticipate this....

Anyhow, for TH, dignity is a lot more important than winning the tournament...
    Sure, whatever! How do you know that the umpire cannot be trusted? You only said that because the match is played in Hongkong. Do you think there is no other people watching? It is a 6 star tournament! There are other people watching including IBF top brass and Asian Badminton Association top brass e.g. the Chairman, Sutiyoso who is also the President of PBSI.

Have any of you ever heard any player walked off the court just after one bad call???? If they have done that to him like say 2 or 3 times, it is still understandable. But this is only the FRIGGING FIRST TIME! It is only at the very beginning of the match. I don't think both of them sweated yet. This just shows how unprofessional Taufik is.

He is undoubtedly one of the best players out there. He is a living legend, but his attitude is just downright sux! Childish, unprofessional, arrogant and many more!!
    Last edited by byelnats; 08-31-2006 at 03:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blame it on the linelady and umpire .

I like the decision made by TH. There is no use in continuing the match when FROM THE BEGINNING the lineladies/men are against him....

The tournament committee should have anticipated this kind of possibility.
    The umpire should have admitted that it is the linelady's first decision that should be valid, not the second one.

If only the umpire had realized the reputation at stake, the linelady should have been replaced immediately. Unfortunately, the umpire prefered defending the PARTIAL linelady to defending the reputation of the HO....

Again, it is clear what TH wanted is a fair play on the part of the umpire and linemen/ladies.

If I were the organizer, I would replace the umpire and linelady and asked TH and LD to play again from 0-0. As simple as that!!!!
    As simple as that! to start all over again 0-0? ?????? ....... TH a world class player with a act like amature or worst! What about those bad line calls against BCL happened in IO 2006, TH Vs BCL in the final, BCL just gentlemen enough to finished off the match... and Indra U are so biased!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast