User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Results 239 to 249 of 249
  1. #239
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cai/Fu is like this: if you cannot survive their crazy attack, you are dead. But if you can (that's how Candra/Sigit beated Cai/Fu), or if you can keep attacking (that's how Chan/Koo beated Cai/Fu), you will have good chance to win. I think Tony/Candra is too old to keep attacking. And I have to say Tony's defense is not as good as Sigit's. In KO final he already was the target of the Koreans and did gave out many points, while Candra was steady as a rock. Anyway, I think Cai/Fu is in their top form this year. They should grab the chance and do something in the coming WC.

    I think Cai/Fu lost to Chan/Koo in last years WC. And CTF was paired with CCE then, so not a rematch.

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    wow, a bit surprise with Tony's/Candra's defeat, although in a fairly contested 3 setters..Congrats also to Fu/Cai for the win...
    I posted a few days ago, that the KO was the "best case" scenario for Tony/Candra to win and hope they still have enough juice left; my guess is both of them ran out of gas, as noticed by the score in the 3rd set..I guess we won't be seeing a possible rematch between them and Kido/Setiawan...
    Fu's/Cai's next match against the MAS veterans will be a rematch of last yr's WC match, if i'm not mistaken?!?!..
    Nova/Natsir also escaped a tough 3 setters..

  2. #240
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    A quote from sports.sina.com:

    林丹显然对陶菲克的举动无法理解,而且这才是比赛刚开始的时候,陶菲克完全有机会追上来的,何必就这么放 弃了比赛了呢。

    Lin Dan was puzzled with Taufik's actions, esp since it's still in the early stages. Taufik still had the chance to catch up...there's no need to give up the match!

    而陶菲克则和教练一起离开场地,愤怒地表示,没有什么可说的。但在球场外碰上几名支持者,陶菲克顿时又恢复 了笑容,还和支持者一起拍照和交换电话。对裁判陶菲克还是忿忿不平:我觉得边裁有问题,如果她不懂得预判 ,就不要随便做预判,这会影响我的判断。而且之后她马上改了判决,这当中有什么问题,大家心里都很清楚。没 有一个公平的比赛环境,所以我不想再打下去了。林丹喜欢赢就让他赢去吧,我去澳门玩。

    Taufik regained his composure and even smiled after he met his supporters later on. He even exchanged phone numbers with them. He commented that he disliked playing in an environment that was deemed unfair to him. His last comment "Since Lin Dan liked winning, he can win for all I care....I am going to Macau to play!".

    This is a totally unprofessional attitude! I really hope IBF can take a look at this incident and fine PBSI and Taufik!
    LD is indirectly talking about he himself in Malaysia Open.

  3. #241
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    Cai/Fu is like this: if you cannot survive their crazy attack, you are dead. But if you can (that's how Candra/Sigit beated Cai/Fu), or if you can keep attacking (that's how Chan/Koo beated Cai/Fu), you will have good chance to win. I think Tony/Candra is too old to keep attacking. And I have to say Tony's defense is not as good as Sigit's. In KO final he already was the target of the Koreans and did gave out many points, while Candra was steady as a rock. Anyway, I think Cai/Fu is in their top form this year. They should grab the chance and do something in the coming WC.
    hmm, i see..From what i saw, i thought in the recent KO MD's Final, it was Tony doing most of the "work" and "damage" setting for Candra & getting the points rather than Candra. Of course the KOR pair made quite some costly errors themselves down the stretch. In that match, I thought Candra made more "errors" than Tony..?!?!.
    My initial guess on why Tony/Candra lost to Fu/Cai were because Candra made more errors and/or they simply ran out of gas(age factor also). But hey, they pushed to a 3 setters..Oh well, i guess next time around..
    I think Cai/Fu lost to Chan/Koo in last years WC. And CTF was paired with CCE then, so not a rematch.
    Yes, that is correct, thanks for the correction; pardon my memory as i only remember Fu/Cai played against a MAS pair, but forgot which one.

  4. #242
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    Does he really care abt wasting/not wasting PBSI money??..I think, if he could or if PBSI kicked him out, he wouldn't care either...He was like that before his successes(spoiled), but now with a "more powerful" father-in-law on his side, basically he can get anything he wants, esp. in Indonesia..Imagine that..
    agree. isn't Taufik's father-in-law the chairman of the national sports council or something like that? the chance that Taufik will get much disciplinary action or even get kicked out of PBSI is really slim.

  5. #243
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe my impression is not correct... But it does seem to me that the Koreans prefer to attack Tony, and most of the times Tony could not survive three consequtive good smashes. On the other hand Candra defensed quite well.

    I agree with you that Tony did most of the setting up. And I agree that Candra made quite a few errors. But Candra's defense is just amazing. Only top form Sigit has done better.

    Candra is the most balanced MD player I think. Tony is better in offense than in defense.

    Anyway, I think Candra/Tony are kind of too old to survive Cai/Fu's attack, which should be the craziest in MD history...

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    hmm, i see..From what i saw, i thought in the recent KO MD's Final, it was Tony doing most of the "work" and "damage" setting for Candra & getting the points rather than Candra. Of course the KOR pair made quite some costly errors themselves down the stretch. In that match, I thought Candra made more "errors" than Tony..?!?!.
    My initial guess on why Tony/Candra lost to Fu/Cai were because Candra made more errors and/or they simply ran out of gas(age factor also). But hey, they pushed to a 3 setters..Oh well, i guess next time around..

    Yes, that is correct, thanks for the correction; pardon my memory as i only remember Fu/Cai played against a MAS pair, but forgot which one.

  6. #244
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    Cai/Fu is like this: if you cannot survive their crazy attack, you are dead. But if you can (that's how Candra/Sigit beated Cai/Fu), or if you can keep attacking (that's how Chan/Koo beated Cai/Fu), you will have good chance to win. I think Tony/Candra is too old to keep attacking. And I have to say Tony's defense is not as good as Sigit's.
    I didn't see the match, I hope someone that did can comment but in general, with the 21-point system, you really won't run out of gas, it's really who attacks first and is more aggressive. That of course being Fu/Cai, it's in their nature and their game plan.

    With that said, I think Tony and Candra are very beatable in the 21-point system whereas in the 15-point system, it's much more difficult.

  7. #245
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Like someone else mentioned, no "backbone"..

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    agree. isn't Taufik's father-in-law the chairman of the national sports council or something like that? the chance that Taufik will get much disciplinary action or even get kicked out of PBSI is really slim.
    yah, that's correct. It's almost contradicting that Sigit can be "banned" for 2 yrs but Taufik is able to just "walk away" and compete again, as if nothing happened..And that's just the sad state of badminton nowadays, esp. in PBSI...The thing that really "bothered" me was Taufik's behavior and display of emotion right in front of the "volunteer" lineslady(from the pics, to a certain extent i feel a bit sad for her). I personally don't know how PBSI officials(ie. Mr. Rudy Hartono, Mr. Sutiyoso and the rest) will feel abt that incident?? I'm sure they'll be quite embarrassed..
    I know IBF/soon to be called WBF don't have priority or authority over Taufik's situation, and it's not their fault, but IMO, IBF has to put down some sort of "disciplinary actions" to prevent something similar again in the future..

  8. #246
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default A bit off topic..

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    Maybe my impression is not correct... But it does seem to me that the Koreans prefer to attack Tony, and most of the times Tony could not survive three consequtive good smashes. On the other hand Candra defensed quite well.

    I agree with you that Tony did most of the setting up. And I agree that Candra made quite a few errors. But Candra's defense is just amazing. Only top form Sigit has done better.

    Candra is the most balanced MD player I think. Tony is better in offense than in defense.

    Anyway, I think Candra/Tony are kind of too old to survive Cai/Fu's attack, which should be the craziest in MD history...
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    I didn't see the match, I hope someone that did can comment but in general, with the 21-point system, you really won't run out of gas, it's really who attacks first and is more aggressive. That of course being Fu/Cai, it's in their nature and their game plan.
    hmm, i understand Cai/Fu's style...But if Tony is being targeted "for whatever" reason, then there must be a reason why..Thus from what i saw/remember in the KO MD's Final, i thought it was Candra who made the "errors" by creating opportunities for the KOR pair to attack back thus they attacked Tony..If it was Tony, i doubt he'll create or setup something that will be counter-productive to his side..One has to remember, Tony is more of a "setter" for his partner, not an "attacker" or "defender"; that's why his partnerships with Candra or Halim are "ideal" because those 2 are attackers/good smashers rather than "setters"..
    Anyways, don't want to put any "blames" on those great players, they've tried their best, but came up short..

  9. #247
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    belmont
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    stop bashing on lin dan or taufik...

    like ppl say here, U dunno them in person....all u see is the outside. In my point of view both players are one of the nicest ppl i know...i know this becuase i have met with them and had conversations with them general and personal, throughout all our conversations, they are very humble when talking. You just need to understand that they are ppl too...with problems and bad days just like the rest of us. you can't base ur point of view on ppl just becuase of their first impression.

    Within 10 minutes of meeting lin dan...he offered to take me out if i ever go to beijing and gave me his cell phone #. just be more understanding to the players, and im sure if u ever get to meet them...ur prospectives will change immediately.

    sorry got a lil off topic here but the constant player bashing got me off ^_^

  10. #248
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Ramon
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree that Taufik behaviour is not acceptable but there should be something the Referee can do too. Like replacing the Volunteer lineslady just to be fair before Taufik left.

    Taufik will never be better than spoiled. He has always been like that. And, there is nothing wrong with being spoiled. And you can still play good Badminton by being spoiled. Look at Mia Audina and some of other Indonesias' players.

    But being big hearted and spoiled are two different things. Big hearted is what Taufik missing of not spoiled.

    Big Hearted is not exactly like sportmanship but in this case, yes we can say that sportmanship.

    thanks,

    tcw2612

  11. #249
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well..I think this is not the first walk out right ? I think from Taufik incident, the badminton championship should consider a replay ? I think its going to be fair for all the competitor...

    But, I disagree with Taufik action. Altough I'm an indonesia, but I dont support his move. It showed that he hasn't got big heart. If the umpire or linesman beiung unfair, you can't be emotional. You have to face the match til the end. Walking out is not a solution...Wouldnt it be great if Taufik can win despite the fact a lot of unfair decision has carshed him during the match? I still say that Taufik Hidayat is a man with talent and arogancy

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Similar Threads

  1. Request: Hong Kong Open 2006 and Macau Open 2006 MS Finals
    By carbonex20 in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 1
    : 10-07-2007, 07:38 AM
  2. Hong Kong Open 2006: Day 2 (29/08)
    By hcyong in forum Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006
    Replies: 29
    : 08-31-2006, 11:38 AM
  3. Hong Kong Open 2006: Day 3 (30/08)
    By badMania in forum Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006
    Replies: 50
    : 08-30-2006, 07:09 PM
  4. Hong Kong Open 2006
    By PonTM in forum Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006
    Replies: 1
    : 08-29-2006, 11:17 AM
  5. Hong Kong Open 2006
    By ku214 in forum Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006
    Replies: 35
    : 08-19-2006, 07:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •