User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just picked up 2 Carlton PowerBlade TT and I notice it is made in China???????? I know that Carlton is a British company but are they manufacturing their rackets in China? I shouldn't be surprised everything is made in China now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, they are made in china

but you wont find a lot of high end yonex made in china

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyWdq
    but you wont find a lot of high end yonex made in china
    Actually this statement is not correct. If Yonex's official release is to be trusted, ALL Yonex high end rackets are made in Japan.

In many markets in Asia, Yonex rackets are grouped into 3 general categories:
    Top Range - made in Japan
    Mid Range - made in Taiwan
    Low Range - made in China
    The production country is usually engraved on the shaft or shown on the butt cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

may i know how much is a powerblade elite in malaysia now ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Carlton PowerBlade Elite

Carlton PowerBlade Elite saw at jusco is RM269

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have any information at all about the Carlton Airblade Smash, I can't find it anywhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default airblade tour

I have used yonex and carlton on and off for years. i do think that carlton are the best value for money. i use the airblade tour racket, i pay about 35 for them, as they are last years model. this is the best way to save yourself a lot of money. i mean how much difference can a racket make, when you are talking top end models? i know what i would prefer. just look at the new yonex arcsaber 10, it retails for 160!! good grief, i could get 4 and a bit carlton airbades for that!!

There are a lot of yonex slaves, but its all in the marketing. Yes the top players use them, but do they have a choice? anyway, if carlton is good enough for robertson and emms, its good enough for me too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carlton Powerflo 807 Wide (3UG5 25lbs BG66) is superb to me. Easy to control, smashing is fast n powerful, good maneoveribility, excellent for defend, drop shot, drive, clear,net play and lob to the base line. My performance is rapidly increase as told by my friend since i use this racket. Get it & you wont regret it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mis-timed View Post
    I have used yonex and carlton on and off for years. i do think that carlton are the best value for money. i use the airblade tour racket, i pay about 35 for them, as they are last years model. this is the best way to save yourself a lot of money. i mean how much difference can a racket make, when you are talking top end models? i know what i would prefer. just look at the new yonex arcsaber 10, it retails for 160!! good grief, i could get 4 and a bit carlton airbades for that!!

There are a lot of yonex slaves, but its all in the marketing. Yes the top players use them, but do they have a choice? anyway, if carlton is good enough for robertson and emms, its good enough for me too.
    But if you look at the latest Fireblade series of Carlton, they are not cheap at all. But of course, you just can't compare them with the top end YY. And I must say I am pretty impressed with the performance of my Carlton Fireblade Elite ISO.

To give back some credit to Yonex, I must say their racket quality is second to none. I have seen some photos from a China forum where people 'dissect' their broken rackets to check the material used and the racket construction. Yonex rackets DO have the most consistant finsih, i.e. no uneven molding, internal T-joints, which you do not find in most other brands, etc etc. Other brands, can only come close, but 95%, including the top end Carltons cannot match the product quality of Yonex. That justify the high price of their rackets. I am not going into the issue of Made in Japan, because some people say the top end Yonex rackets are made in China and then send back to Japan just for the paint job. Until somebody has solid prove, I just do not want to make any judgement. But the Made in Japan tag is probably worth another 20% more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I first used a muscle power 88then switched to a Carlton powerblade superlite then i got a Yonex Nano 9k. Then i went back too the powerblade then i got a Armortec 700 but once again i went back to my powerblade. what can i say its jus great, It has very great defence because of its great manouverability and i can smash hardest with it compared to my other rackets. now i am ordering a Carlton fireblade iso tour and i think ill love it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2