User Tag List

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix
    Well if this is the worst type of thing that happens in Badminton, then I quite frankly couldn't care less what will happen next.
    hmm, i never, in my post, say this incident was the "worst" type of thing that happens in badminton, have I?!?!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    hmm, i never, in my post, say this incident was the "worst" type of thing that happens in badminton, have I?!?!.
    You were saying that if people follow in Taufik's footsteps then imagine what would happen next. Which to me says he's done a pretty horrendous thing.

Anyway look, I'm sorry if you don't agree but it's just my opinion that the whole issue really isn't as big as some people are making it out to be. No matter how many times you reply to my posts saying, "you may think that, but in reality it could have so-and-so effect!", it will not change my mind. Again, sorry, I do agree that it would be nice for Taufik to make some sort of apology though, considering that although I don't find it too serious, some people obviously do . Ok?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool A simple apology from Taufik will be fine..

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix
    You were saying that if people follow in Taufik's footsteps then imagine what would happen next. Which to me says he's done a pretty horrendous thing.

Anyway look, I'm sorry if you don't agree but it's just my opinion that the whole issue really isn't as big as some people are making it out to be. No matter how many times you reply to my posts saying, "you may think that, but in reality it could have so-and-so effect!", it will not change my mind. Again, sorry, I do agree that it would be nice for Taufik to make some sort of apology though, considering that although I don't find it too serious, some people obviously do . Ok?
    Again, i never mentioned the statement which i've highlighted in bold above(can anyone else find it??)...I just said "who knows, what's going to happen next". Which means it might not involve other people. Maybe it'll involve Taufik again in the future, hehe and who knows in what tournament(s)?? Could be in World Championships or All-England or Olympics(gud forbid it happens in those events)...
    Anyways, i agree, you(and the rest of us) are free to say whatever you/we feel...Sounds kool??..
    BTW, since this has caused another stir, too serious or not, making an apology(tough & simple it may be) IS the right thing to do for Taufik now..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-01-2006 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, i never mentioned the statement which i've highlighted in bold above(can anyone else find it??)...I just said "who knows, what's going to happen next". Which means it might not involve other people. Maybe it'll involve Taufik again in the future, hehe and who knows in what tournament(s)?? Could be in World Championships or All-England or Olympics(gud forbid it happens in those events)...
    Anyways, i agree, you(and the rest of us) are free to say whatever you/we feel...Sounds kool??..
    Sorry, must have misread what you said! Anyway sounds cool to me .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, since this has caused another stir, too serious or not, making an apology(tough & simple it may be) IS the right thing to do for Taufik now..
    i'm thinking, pbsi is so afraid of taufik and his father in-law, it would be hard to tell if an apology, if forthcoming, is real coming from taufik or just damage control by pbsi done behind taufik's back

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Any kind of apology is accepted..

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    i'm thinking, pbsi is so afraid of taufik and his father in-law, it would be hard to tell if an apology, if forthcoming, is real coming from taufik or just damage control by pbsi done behind taufik's back
    It's simple: one made wrong, one apologize..Isn't that how we civil people live??..
    hmm, personally, it doesn't matter and i don't care if it's genuine or just damage control or made public or not....We all fans of badminton want some kind of an apology from Taufik, first and foremost and then from PBSI(if need be)...The damage has been done & by not saying or offering an apology at all, it will leave a "bitter" mark, esp. with the HK people..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-01-2006 at 01:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    i see that the people who supported taufik were between the age of 17-22. no wonder. young ones, emotion can be a powerful weapon if u use it wisely to your advantage. it can also work against you when u use it negatively. u guys will understand the consequences later in your live. we live in a world of network. everything u do has consequences, it may negatively affect the bigger picture without you knowing it.
    17 to 22?

i think you might want to increase the upper limit to around 24, as immaturity can go all the way there *cough* TH *cough*
    Last edited by hydrocyanic; 09-01-2006 at 01:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cao ci dan
    LD looks so innocent and i think he's a bit worried that hot-tempered TH might hit him with the racket!!
    Hahahahha...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's simple: one made wrong, one apologize..Isn't that how we civil people live??..
    hmm, personally, it doesn't matter and i don't care if it's genuine or just damage control or made public or not....We all fans of badminton want some kind of an apology from Taufik, first and foremost and then from PBSI(if need be)...The damage has been done & by not saying or offering an apology at all, it will leave a "bitter" mark, esp. with the HK people..
    To settle all the controversies surrounding TH and then close it and look ahead now for the sake of Badminton and fair play:

Umpire, linelady, organizer and TH altogether make a public appology to the Hongkong People and Badminton Community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simp84
    But look on the bright side.. at least that might alert IBF to put camera on court for replay.. to promote fair play
    We shall see
    What a good observation, i am looking forward also for this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default match walk out

Sad that players don't realize who are paying their way, maybe the IBF should step in and impose fines for those that don't perform for the paying public. It puts the sport in at peril. Spectators pay for and expect entertainment. So, if badminton doesn't start to control the discipline (or lack of) then the IBF should. Every other professional sport has rules that the athletes must follow or pay a hefty penalty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstone
    I think LYB was trying to say: "Hey thanks man for the easy game !"
    actually from the picture, i thought Taufik was going to give a congratulatory handshake to LYB(see his right hand reaching out)..can red00ecstrat or Cheung confirm??..hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Taufik at Korea Open last week

It's funny...this line call incident happened here during the Korea Open last week, too.

It was during the 3rd round (I think) where Taufik was playing against Korea's No. Lee Hyun-il. It was on the deciding 3rd game when Taufik hit a smash into Lee's court and the linesperson called it out. TH went to the chair umpire and protested. Not satisfied, he called another official and protested once more delaying the match for a few more minutes.

I guess it's every player's right to question line calls. But as long as badminton does not have tennis' HAWK EYE technology, it would be difficult to ascertain whether a close call is actually in or out. The best way is to assign linespeople who are well-trained, have perfect visions, unbiased, and are always alert.

TH lost. 16-21 on the 3rd game.

I have pictures of that incident...will upload in a while.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra
    To settle all the controversies surrounding TH and then close it and look ahead now for the sake of Badminton and fair play:

Umpire, linelady, organizer and TH altogether make a public appology to the Hongkong People and Badminton Community.
    That's the key point, the umpire, line judge, and organizer do not need to make an apology. However, Taufik does.

The only time the others would need to make an apology would be if they were purposely being biased against Taufik, which they were not, at least based on the observations posted here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alphonse
    The best way is to assign linespeople who are well-trained, have perfect visions, unbiased, and are always alert.
    Not possible, even the best linespeople will make mistakes once in a while.

The key is to understand you will get calls in your favor as well as calls against you. Take the good with the bad. In the long run, statistics will point out, it will be a wash.

Don't take it personal, don't think everyone is out to get you. And if they are, maybe you are doing something wrong. Either that, or you're No. 1 in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    That's the key point, the umpire, line judge, and organizer do not need to make an apology. However, Taufik does.

The only time the others would need to make an apology would be if they were purposely being biased against Taufik, which they were not, at least based on the observations posted here.
    I guess it would be difficult and unfair...because Taufik is a victim...

Umpire, landlady and organizer have to make a public appology for having contributed to the incident. If they do so, I guess we can see the light of fairness. Besides, we all make mistakes. Demanding him ALONE to appologize publicly while he was the victim is in my opinion TOTALLY UNFAIR.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra
    I guess it would be difficult and unfair...because Taufik is a victim...

Umpire, landlady and organizer have to make a public appology for having contributed to the incident. If they do so, I guess we can see the light of fairness. Besides, we all make mistakes. Demanding him ALONE to appologize publicly while he was the victim is in my opinion TOTALLY UNFAIR.
    indra,
    i thought we're thru with this??..
    does it matter if Taufik or the others you mentioned make a public or private apology??..Just make one and it's gotta start with Taufik, if it's just for saving face..
    And again, please don't label Taufik as "victim"..The real "victim", at least in my book, in this situation is the fans/public who have paid money and gone to see & support the player(s) WHO THEMSELVES ARE PLAYING TO GET MONETARY GAIN, rather than the organizer, umpires, referee, linespeople, you name it WHO ARE VOLUNTEERING(most if not all of them)..Taufik(and other players) is/are being sponsored and paid for the whole 2 tourneys and then still playing to get some more monies...please..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-01-2006 at 02:42 AM.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast