User Tag List

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheung, sorry for bringing your reply from a dead post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    If I had seen it clearly and positioned where Red was, I probably would have said to Taufik if the shuttle was "keluar" or not!
    Never interfere or get involved when u are doing an assignment. That's one of the rules of journalism.
    Let's go back. When Taufik's coach ask the linesman about that shot once again after the final decision which made by the referee. I did tell him "it's in." But the weird thing was that. You can hear a very large numbers of spectators at the beginning said "OUT" "OUT" even those from the other side of the stadium! I guess most of the people in the stadium were Chinese team supporters. But that move wasn't in favour of Lin Din! Was it?
    I didn't understand what they were trying to do??? Just want Taufik to play more aggressively?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hidayat should be suspended and fined !!!!

He is so unprofessional......the ABC and IBf should impose sanctions on him...i was hoping for a good game between the 2 rivals ...to the dissappointment of millions of fans ....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sorry, a few more inquiries..

Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat
    Let's go back. When Taufik's coach ask the linesman about that shot once again after the final decision which made by the referee. I did tell him "it's in." But the weird thing was that. You can hear a very large numbers of spectators at the beginning said "OUT" "OUT" even those from the other side of the stadium! I guess most of the people in the stadium were Chinese team supporters. But that move wasn't in favour of Lin Din! Was it?
    I didn't understand what they were trying to do??? Just want Taufik to play more aggressively?
    hmm, sorry red, since you brought it up, when you mentioned "it's in", did you just blurt it out or did coach Mulyo asked you, indirectly??..It must've been a very surreal moment..
    Also, just wondering, did you by any chance record this brief match/incident on your DV cam?? If you did, perhaps you can upload it for us to watch and "judge" the incident from our point of perspective??..If you don't have, it's fine also..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    hmm, sorry red, since you brought it up, when you mentioned "it's in", did you just blurt it out or did coach Mulyo asked you, indirectly??..It must've been a very surreal moment..
    Also, just wondering, did you by any chance record this brief match/incident on your DV cam?? If you did, perhaps you can upload it for us to watch and "judge" the incident from our point of perspective??..If you don't have, it's fine also..
    no chris, he didn't asked me. he was just asking the linesman. but since i was sitting right next to her and the final decision was made. i just tell him what i've seen.
    i didn't tape that game so i won't be able to provide any evidence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sorry again for another inquiry..

no chris, he didn't asked me. he was just asking the linesman. but since i was sitting right next to her and the final decision was made. i just tell him what i've seen.
    ok, i see..so basically you just "blurt it out" to coach Mulyo, correct??..
    Hmm, too bad you didn't record it..If you did, that'll most likely be used as the "most significant prove" yet(if at that time Taufik, coach Mulyo, the referee or umpire want to review it)..oh well ..or perhaps there are other players who might've record it??..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could it be your ambitious mind want it to be in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, i see..so basically you just "blurt it out" to coach Mulyo, correct??..
    Hmm, too bad you didn't record it..If you did, that'll most likely be used as the "most significant prove" yet(if at that time Taufik, coach Mulyo, the referee or umpire want to review it)..oh well ..or perhaps there are other players who might've record it??..
    yes, "blurt it out" u can say that.
    i m quite sure there were recordings from players and coaches! coz with that tape, they can use it to analyze and find out their weaknesses before the world championships 06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simp84
    it's definately "in"!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A bit off topic..

yes, "blurt it out" u can say that.
    i m quite sure there were recordings from players and coaches! coz with that tape, they can use it to analyze and find out their weaknesses before the world championships 06.
    alrighty, thanks again for sharing all the tidbits, red...BTW, aren't you going to the stadium??..it's abt 2 hrs. away til tip off, err til "love all, play"..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i m leaving home now hehe......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simp84
    u may doubt the linelady call but you shouldn't doubt a photographer's eyes who also had field of vision as the linelady.
    Last edited by cooler; 09-02-2006 at 02:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even in tennis,when Justine Henin pulled out because of injury,she was roundly criticized & condemned. Taufik is a disgrace.He is playing for Indonesia.Not only himself. The Badminton Federation of Indonesia definately need to punish him.The IBF also need to sanction him for withdrawing like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like TH directly violated the published IBF Player's Code of Conduct. This has to be determined in a disciplinary hearing held by the IBF Disciplinary Committee following the Disciplinary Regulations in the IBF Statutes, where TH is given a chance to defend his acts through representation or by himself.
    Leaving aside the 'motherhood' codes of conduct such as unsportsmanlike behaviour etc. I think it can be alleged that TH violated the following IBF Player's Code of Conduct:
    4.3 Failure to Complete a match
    Failure to complete a match in progress unless reasonably unable to do so.

4.5 Failure to use best efforts
    Not using one's efforts to win a match

4.6 Trying to influence line judges
    Trying to influence the decision of line judges by arm, hand, or racket gestures, or orally.

So if the IBF is smart enough, they will immediately appoint a panel to commence the hearing and put an end to this one way or the other.

However, in the instant this occurred, the umpire should have Red Carded and the referee should have Black Carded TH and disqualified him from the trournament for his extreme conduct, even after he left the court. This should be a disqualification, not a retirement from the match. I am surprised that the umpire and the referee failed to follow through with necessary action. Because it seems TH clearly violated the Laws of Badminton 16.6 in a reckless manner.

16.6 A player shall not:
    16.6.1 deliberately cause delay in, or suspension of play.

16.7 The umpire shall administer any breach of Law 16.4, 16.5 or 16.6 by:
    16.7.3 in cases of flagrant offence or persistent offences, faulting the offending side and reporting the offending side immediately to the referee, who shall have power to disqualify the offending side of the match.

I know some may think this is quite severe, but violation of published rules must be dealt with accordingly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

indra,
    i thought we're thru with this??..
    does it matter if Taufik or the others you mentioned make a public or private apology??..Just make one and it's gotta start with Taufik, if it's just for saving face..
    And again, please don't label Taufik as "victim"..The real "victim", at least in my book, in this situation is the fans/public who have paid money and gone to see & support the player(s) WHO THEMSELVES ARE PLAYING TO GET MONETARY GAIN, rather than the organizer, umpires, referee, linespeople, you name it WHO ARE VOLUNTEERING(most if not all of them)..Taufik(and other players) is/are being sponsored and paid for the whole 2 tourneys and then still playing to get some more monies...please..
    it is not easy for a player to play and get monetary gain,they train hard and put a lot of efford to improve their skill to earn that money.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Just my comment on this..

Quote Originally Posted by dropper
    I know some may think this is quite severe, but violation of published rules must be dealt with accordingly.
    kurama, thanks for providing those rules for us..Hmm, personally, i don't think it's "quite severe". I think a disciplinary act for Taufik is what needed. If there's none, then basically they are acting like PBSI.
    Hmm, looks like the IBF council board needs to take a look at both the action of TH *AND* the tournament's referee. Both seemed to violate the rules.
    Based on the rules above, what Taufik did was quite severe, at least in the rule book of the IBF..But yah, i was also surprised by the actions of the umpire & referee after reading the above rules. In a way they've probably never realize TH will do such abrupt action by walking-off. But I thought the tournament referee was supposed to get in and lay down the law, even if it's for Taufik. Not doing so means that Taufik was given a special consideration..

One thing is for sure, Taufik definitely *will not* get the IBF Player of the Year award this yr...I will be very surprise if he got it next yr..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kurama, thanks for providing those rules for us..Hmm, personally, i don't think it's "quite severe". I think a disciplinary act for Taufik is what needed. If there's none, then basically they are acting like PBSI.
    Hmm, looks like the IBF council board needs to take a look at both the action of TH *AND* the tournament's referee. Both seemed to violate the rules.
    Based on the rules above, what Taufik did was quite severe, at least in the rule book of the IBF..But yah, i was also surprised by the actions of the umpire & referee after reading the above rules. In a way they've probably never realize TH will do such abrupt action by walking-off. But I thought the tournament referee was supposed to get in and lay down the law, even if it's for Taufik. Not doing so means that Taufik was given a special consideration..

One thing is for sure, Taufik definitely *will not* get the IBF Player of the Year award this yr...I will be very surprise if he got it next yr..
    Any chance of LCW getting it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Just a comment from me..

Quote Originally Posted by kurama
    it is not easy for a player to play and get monetary gain,they train hard and put a lot of efford to improve their skill to earn that money.
    sure, i agree with what i've highlighted in bold above..But remember, he is not the only player in the whole tournament to get those..They are using the public money to do those things you mentioned above, if the players are playing for the *NATIONAL* team...Even if they used private money to do those, they are still being sponsored and they represent whoever is/are sponsoring them...
    But then consider all the fans who were there to watch and support their skills, is that what they got in return??..Without fans/crowds like us world-wide to come and support them, those players won't be playing in tournaments with big prize monies..
    Again, like what have been repeated many times before in this HK Open sub-forum, Taufik's action definitely showed a lot of selfishness and arrogance..In a way his actions showed the crowd that "he's way above anyone" and "doesn't represent IBF and what it stands for"..Is that what an Olympic and World Champions and the allegedly 2 times IBF POTY(player of the year) supposed to behave??..Definitely not in Tony Gunawan's book..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-02-2006 at 12:10 PM.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast