Quote Originally Posted by ants
    What was the score?
    I think it was 4-1 to Lin Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhinovinda
    numerous? Hahahaha.... It was only one as I remember and it was at the end of the match. Well.....Bao walked out of court anyway in the following 3 minutes.
    sorry ... yeah I meant one ... when I say numerous I was thinking of the semi-final match as well when he was against chen yu, there was a clearly out but called 'in' in favour of taufik. It was even caught in the slow-motion replay on the video. Should the chinese players walked out as well ?

Players are just have to deal with bad line calls, it's just like the soccer players have to deal with the referee's final decision. It's not like there are 3 - 5 bad calls , it was only one and it was at the beginning, not to mention that a lot of people that was in there thought it was actually a correct call by the lineswoman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by z3048018
    unless Taufik got permission from the umpire, he should not have left the court (16.5.2 under Laws of badminton)
    And what is the consequence for not obeying the law ?
    He quits anyway, so it does not matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong
    That's the perfect excuse. It can be used to explain away all the bad things that have been done in history. Hitler killed some people, but hey, no one's perfect.
    aiya.... calm down ok..
    He has the right to quit, and its none of our buisness he do so
    I know you are just angry because it is an ultimate match without an outcome.. hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u will never know whats in taufik's mind...
    maybe that few points is enuff for him to find out lin dan's weakness to prepare for WC hahaa
    so he quit the game to prevent lin dan from knowing his weakness too haha...
    jus joking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it could be due to past few days while playing he felt the linecall were abit bias...
    and it continues to builds up till LD's match and then it became too overwhelming and he exploded.. thus quit lol...
    Anyway people get over it... he lost too bad..
    Look on the bright side LD proceeded... isn't that good enough already?
    Leave Taufik alone please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstone
    sorry ... yeah I meant one ... when I say numerous I was thinking of the semi-final match as well when he was against chen yu, there was a clearly out but called 'in' in favour of taufik. It was even caught in the slow-motion replay on the video. Should the chinese players walked out as well ?

Players are just have to deal with bad line calls, it's just like the soccer players have to deal with the referee's final decision. It's not like there are 3 - 5 bad calls , it was only one and it was at the beginning, not to mention that a lot of people that was in there thought it was actually a correct call by the lineswoman.
    yes, I watched both matches. Both Bao and Chen Yu got bad calls from line judge. Especially the one for Chen Yu, it was out so obviously. And Bao got a bad (or at least controversal) line call at the critical point of the second game. Did they walk off the court like a spoiled child? NO!

Taufik is a great badminton player, I admit. But I think he is hurting this sport now. The audience paid to support this sport and to enjoy watching some good games. If everyone behaves like Taufik, there will soon be no audience for this sport. And then badminton will die consequently. As a professional player, you should try to promote the sport, insteading of hurting it. I would strongly suggest IBF to fine and even suspend Taufik for his behavior!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Conclusion

Lin Dan gets the semi-final ticket easily from TH... good news for me atleast...

plus...i still want to see TH's match.. he's good..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, and it's not like it's the first day u guys know who is Taufik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, Taufik hidayat has a bad tempered. What phaarix said is the truth. i know TH personally, he is really hate being cheated when he is playing. he cant withstand from the situation. he did the same all the time when those things happen. some people say he is childish. but, who's care?!! if no fair-play, what for he has to continue the game?? Remember, he is not new player in world championship. he has got everything (all england, olympic, world champion, etc). walk out from "only little" HK Open does not cost anything. he want a FAIR-PLAY game. also, as phaarix said, he want to enjoy himself.

in my opinion, that kind of incident is not a strange phenomena, especially in TH 'world'. seen many-many times already.

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Instant replay

IBF should learn from tennis world.

Allow instant replay upon player request during the match.
    Of course, it should be limited to 2 or 3 time per game.

I watched Rogers Cup and US open this year. It did not slow down the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i haven't seen the video, but just based on the description n pics, i must say that Taufik's action is unhonourable, unprofessional, immature (esp for a veteran) and unsportman-like. the laws of badminton is there to ensure proper sportmanship conduct. I think he should be fined for it. his coach should have convince him to stay in the match! i've never heard of any professional sportsmen walk out of a competition because of disputed calls. This mentality disqualifies Taufik as a player, and as a coach in his future.

even on an amateur level, i have only heard one incident where a club player walked off in a friendly doubles game with a big deficit score. The
    guy just suddenly shake his head and walked off because he THOUGHT he had no chance of winning by a big come back. his expression = "ar... got no mood to play". I bet you would be mighty embarrased if you were his partner! no one in the club want to play with him! What if you can come back to win it, hugely behind and even with bad line calls?!

Think about the situation before you concurred with Taufik's decision. Very disrepectful. It doesn't matter if you shake hands with every judge and opponents' hands before you exit. if he is not in the mood to play, he should have just not participate in the tournament.

Taufik is certainly a very talented player with an attitude. He has done this similar non-sense in the past. Unfortunately, most rich kids are spoiled. His coach should discipline him, not to support his decision. If you want to be a true champion, you need to be a true sportsman. Learn from Peter Gade.

Professional players are role models for young players. I hope no one will think it is acceptable to walk off in the middle of a game without a legitimate reason. one/two bad calls or "seemingly no chance" to come back is NOT a legitimate reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bzhang1108
    yes, I watched both matches. Both Bao and Chen Yu got bad calls from line judge. Especially the one for Chen Yu, it was out so obviously. And Bao got a bad (or at least controversal) line call at the critical point of the second game. Did they walk off the court like a spoiled child? NO!

Taufik is a great badminton player, I admit. But I think he is hurting this sport now. The audience paid to support this sport and to enjoy watching some good games. If everyone behaves like Taufik, there will soon be no audience for this sport. And then badminton will die consequently. As a professional player, you should try to promote the sport, insteading of hurting it. I would strongly suggest IBF to fine and even suspend Taufik for his behavior!
    What you have said is correct, i agree.. players should promote this sports. BUT, fine or suspend for this kind of behaviours can not be accepted.. before you fine or suspend the player, have you provide the game with a good linejudge, umpire?? also, have the official control/ manage the audiences behaviours??? if it can not be done 100%, there is no base line to suspend the player!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said...Avatar....I support you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    i haven't seen the video, but just based on the description n pics, i must say that Taufik's action is unhonourable, unprofessional, immature (esp for a veteran) and unsportman-like. the laws of badminton is there to ensure proper sportmanship conduct. I think he should be fined for it. his coach should have convince him to stay in the match! i've never heard of any professional sportsmen walk out of a competition because of disputed calls. This mentality disqualifies Taufik as a player, and as a coach in his future.

even on an amateur level, i have only heard one incident where a club player walked off in a friendly doubles game with a big deficit score. The
    guy just suddenly shake his head and walked off because he THOUGHT he had no chance of winning by a big come back. his expression = "ar... got no mood to play". I bet you would be mighty embarrased if you were his partner! no one in the club want to play with him! What if you can come back to win it, hugely behind and even with bad line calls?!

Think about the situation before you concurred with Taufik's decision. Very disrepectful. It doesn't matter if you shake hands with every judge and opponents' hands before you exit. if he is not in the mood to play, he should have just not participate in the tournament.

Taufik is certainly a very talented player with an attitude. He has done this similar non-sense in the past. Unfortunately, most rich kids are spoiled. His coach should discipline him, not to support his decision. If you want to be a true champion, you need to be a true sportsman. Learn from Peter Gade.

Professional players are role models for young players. I hope no one will think it is acceptable to walk off in the middle of a game without a legitimate reason. one/two bad calls or "seemingly no chance" to come back is NOT a legitimate reason.
    Well, have you ever been cheated when you play a game??? what's your feeling if someone cheat you?? can you accept that straight away?? imagine you play in such big competition, then you are cheated, do you feel ok?? THINK!!!!FEEL!!!! it's not that easy to accept that. some people might, but most people may not. and think about his concentration. when you play in the competition, you need to fully concentrate to the match, and also have a good feeling & mood to play in the game. when s't goes "Stupid" (like that call), of course it's gonna disturb everything.... and of course there is no point to continue the match when your feeling, your mind is not in the game! u r just gonna play to entertain the audience. no point at all to do so.. player come to play n win the game. people want to watch player win the game (WITHOUT disturb the player i should say)..

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the money doesn't motivate Taufik anymore. He used to be motivated by Glory but he has already attained it in the highest echelons of the sport. If he no longer needs money, what continues to motivate him? Of course still the basic desire to win but maybe thats not enough anymore...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default i know u guys are waiting for this!

guys, just come back from the stadium.
    u want a photo story on that incident? u all have it!
    8 pictures altogether. just let me post them all before further discussion ok?

here is picture number 1
    arguing with the umpire.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast