55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

awesome coverage Cheung and red.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how can Li YongBo NOT be laughing?! a very funny joke in an very entertaining fashion indeed! his top gun Lin Dan advanced without a fight with an early xmas gift from Taufik. extra energy conserved for the next match! only Taufik is defeated and blinded by his own fury.

Lan Dan? hahaahaa, that typo is funny too...
    Lan in chinese means lazy, broken, or bad. Lin Dan is none of that! haahhaaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Looking forward

We all know Taufik is the first player to win Olympic(2004) and World Champiohsip(2005) and now, the first one to walk off the court in such an early stage(score 4-1?) to protest. Regardless, I don't think Taufik has doubt about his ability to duel with Lin Dan but I think he just didn't feel like Hong Kong is the neutral ground after the "bad" call. If his opponent is not Lin Dan, I don't think he would have done that, Taufik and Lin Dan just can't co-exist for whatever reason
    Anyway, Taufik "walk-off" incidence will not have big impact on the next round as Lin Dan next opponent Jonassen breezed thru into semi final so were LCW and Chen Jin. The only impact is on Lin Dan as not playing in QF(bye) may affect his rhythm.
    Chen Jin vs Lee Chong Wei is the mark key matchup as thse two may very well meet again in WC during QF/SF. It's good to for LCW and Li Mau to find out more about Chen Jin.
    So lets all gather in our Badmintonfurom chatroom Friday/Sat and cheer for Team Malaysia ... plus other Teams

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong
    I like one rule in American football is that the players can't touch or insult the umpires or they will be kicked out and penalized. I like to see this rule in all sports, including badminton. They is no reason to insult the line judge woman like that if he thought she made a bad call.
    Well said!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default just wanna tell u guys about the truth of the story!

at that time. i was sitting on the floor right next to that line judge with my shoulder touched her knee. so, instead of her. i dare to say no one can see it clearer than me! that shuttle was indeed landed on the line. the only problem was the line judge called an out at the beginning. but within 1/125 second later she "re-call" it as in. and that's why taufik wasn't convinced!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Rhinovinda,

How to train his emotion? Do you have experience?

and also how about the dicisions? (First time = out, second time = in). will be using what? first time or second time? It is difficult to explain right.

If score: 19-20 and something wrong with lineman, what happen??? This new Score very risky...... This score must change to 15 point.

If new score want to use forever, I think IBF must prepare the Video and see again the correct one. So anybody not dissapointed.

This Hongkong Open, Audience, Taufik's Team, Lin Dan's Team dissappinted.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinovinda
    You know, actually the bad calls happened to Taufik at 2002 Thomas Cup Final when he played Lee Tsuen Tseng in Guangzhou-China. Two calls had been controversy and it affected so much on Taufik's play. Finally, since he was so emotional then he lost the game. It think at this time, he also felt the same emotion and based on the experience there is no use to continue the game since he doesnt have the mood any longer to play. Sure at the end if it is continued, he could have been defeated by LD easily. So the solution is, Taufik's coach (Mulyo) has to train his emotion instead of his technique and strategy.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Taufik is Taufik.

brilliantly skillful, yet rotten spoiled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    Taufik is Taufik.

brilliantly skillful, yet rotten spoiled.
    Agree~ and thats why we love him so much or hate him so much
    kakakaka

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dranmo
    Agree~ and thats why we love him so much or hate him so much
    kakakaka
    hahaha...agree
    又愛又恨(love him and hate him )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cards_pro
    IBF should learn from tennis world.

Allow instant replay upon player request during the match.
    Of course, it should be limited to 2 or 3 time per game.

I watched Rogers Cup and US open this year. It did not slow down the game.
    yes, i like instant replay or view angle from other tv camera.
    Replay actually promote badminton excitement.
    Having questionable calls unresolved or resolved by umpire ruling or player walking off the court does no good to the sport of badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vsdelfin
    My 2 cents:
    Taufik plays for himself, NOT TO ENTERTAIN the spectators. If he thinks that there is no point in continuing, its his decision. To demand him: "play for me bitch" is what is immature, not Taufik. Taufik is not your family doctor or your neighborhood policeman, he has no responsibility of playing to your satisfaction.

As to who is really the top dawg, the big daddy, the head honcho ... one more month and everybody can shut the hell up.
    its the same as saying its someone's decision to shoot another person off the head, its his decision and he live for himself, not for others

hello there, badminton has rules, and we live in a country that has law to enforce the citizen

yes, play for us, bitch, he get paid to play and we pay the first place, if he can win

that is really unprofessional

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it's whether they can actually use the TV broadcast as evidence for line calls and if it will hold up under the current rules of badminton. Tennis has obviously taken steps to address this as there seem to be many more line disputes. Don't forget, they have the $$$ in tennis to install state-of-the-art equipment to make those decisions. Seems to be a good addition to that sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bkoe6453
    well, Taufik hidayat has a bad tempered. What phaarix said is the truth. i know TH personally, he is really hate being cheated when he is playing. he cant withstand from the situation. he did the same all the time when those things happen. some people say he is childish. but, who's care?!! if no fair-play, what for he has to continue the game?? Remember, he is not new player in world championship. he has got everything (all england, olympic, world champion, etc). walk out from "only little" HK Open does not cost anything. he want a FAIR-PLAY game. also, as phaarix said, he want to enjoy himself.

in my opinion, that kind of incident is not a strange phenomena, especially in TH 'world'. seen many-many times already.

cheers
    then he should just play in IO where the line judges will favor him over others, ridiculous comment

being professional means one has to live w/ things that does not favor him, its a norm that when you play against someone's home, there will always be some miss call, be it actual or mental

live with it, or don't bother playing

TH might be mistreated this time, but every player would be mistreated from time to time as well, how many of them quitted the game?

remember people critized LD for kicking his racket? he still play through it at least, not saying he is mature, but at least professionally played through it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Please Email IBF Officials For Suspending Taufik!

I think Taufik's behavior is severely damaged the sports. So here are the suggestions to IBF:

1) Suspend Taufik for rest of the year;
    2) Set up instant replay for all the 5* and 6* tournaments.

IBF's website is http://www.internationalbadminton.org/ibf.asp. Go to Inside IBF page and call or email your local IBF council (all email all of them) to send in the suggestion.

If you love this sport, please act!

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think majority here concluded correctly (imo) that taufik's action was very unprofessional. A good rivalry alway mire with controversies and this one is prolly badminton's #1 rivalry. I believe taufik knows his chance of beating LD in this HK open is not good and he does not has an injury excuse to use this time around. He was looking a way out and he had found it. It is fair to say that taufik thinks he won't get a fair shake because this is HK, basically now china, LD home turf. However, i think HK people (linejudges) aren't like those in china. The linejudge made a bad call but corrected within 0.125 second. We have enough witness saying that the shuttle was in, so the linejudge was correct in the end. If taufik think he is walking into a fire, he shouldn't enter the HK in the first place. Don't enter it and then whimp out. I think IBF should hand out some sort of disciplinary action (fine and/or tournament suspension). He had made a mockery of badminton and deny the fans a paid opportunity to watch a good match.

It is unfair to take away LD's chance to beat taufik. Now, with this action, taufik still can say LD never beaten him yet because the 06 HK match doesn't count, I forfeited it, LD didn't beat me. LYB laughed because his main nemesis act like a fool today, plus laughing at taufik's coach too because he can't control his #1 player.

In 2005 malaysian open, lin dan received at least 2 bad calls (first game and third game, LD won the 2nd game because no bad call in second round. LD was way ahead of LCW in the first and 3rd game too). LD played on. Peter gade lost a match against chen jin because of a bad call (china open), he accepted it.
    Last edited by cooler; 08-31-2006 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why, what did Taufik do Treker?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think this is necessary. I am sure IBF will come up with some form of punishment to prevent players from walking out of tournaments. It's damaging to the the world of badminton.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast