User Tag List

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 288
  1. #120
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K
    I always like to hear different opinions...what you all said against TH make a whole lot sense to me. I am sure most would agree that what TH did was wrong, he was not using his head, there are better ways to protest, ...etc. At least, he cared enough to walk over to LD and shook his hand. After the incident, IBF should look into the matter seriously what triggered TH's behavior. This is not the first time player protests against a bad line call. "IBF, its time to do something and improve the standard of running a tournament". Also, what about the incident few months ago that LD refused to accept the ..not sure what you call that hat...on the podium at Malaysia Open. Did IBF do something serious about it ????
    See my first post on this thread

  2. #121
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad
    Sportsmanship? Did you not just contradict yourself in support of Taufik?
    This time it was TH, previously was LD doing something else....in short, these two players lack sportsmanship but LD is the worst example of all. I hope other players do not follow when they reach the top. In any case, I have lots of respects for TH for being outspoken against PBSI or any organizations. Not only he is good, he has the guts to do something publicly !

  3. #122
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K
    It would be inappropriate if Taufik did that to other players, but with LD, I cheer for Taufik! Good job !!! I hope more players will slap on LD face. This is not my prejudice against players from China. In fact, one of my favourites MDs is Fu/Cai. I just don't have respect for LD for his lack of sportsmanship.
    1) taufik contravened an IBF rule, LD didn't
    2) LD (by proxy through a spoken person) did make an apology for the 2006 MO incident.

    Let see if taufik would make a such public apology.

    I think we too the fans got emotionally and i think we dont need to send a petiton. I'm sure the ibf will make note of this incident and make corrective measures better badminton.

    I don't want to dump more on taufik but not only did he slapped LD's face, he also slapped the faces of his coach, pbsi, his family, WBF (ibf), the umpire, the linejudges, and the fans.
    Last edited by cooler; 08-31-2006 at 06:21 PM.

  4. #123
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K
    It would be inappropriate if Taufik did that to other players, but with LD, I cheer for Taufik! Good job !!! I hope more players will slap on LD face. This is not my prejudice against players from China. In fact, one of my favourites MDs is Fu/Cai. I just don't have respect for LD for his lack of sportsmanship.

    I disagree with your above statement. I do not think that this is a case of Taufik against Lin Dan. Yes they have their rivalry but to imply that Taufik slapped Lin Dan in the face is done so without strong facts behind it. Now you are giving the impression that Taufik did this on purpose to spite Lin. This is wrong. Taufik is an emotional player and he has done this in the past. I for one do not think that this was against Lin, just against poor line calls. That is my opinion. You have yours, just do not put words into the players mouths. That is wrong.

  5. #124
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Total unsportsman like behavior.

    I also favor a $$$fine and suspension for Taufik's unsportsman like conduct.

    What Taufik lost is priceless, his image, reputation, fans, and team mates respect. He may have affected Sony's performance during his game.

    Oh well, see what happens in World Championship.

    Does IBF have the right not to accept his entry/application? Or just not send him an invitation? IBF's reason would be, why bother, he's just going to walk out again!

  6. #125
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    vancouver, canada
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K
    I always like to hear different opinions...what you all said against TH make a whole lot sense to me. I am sure most would agree that what TH did was wrong, he was not using his head, there are better ways to protest, ...etc. At least, he cared enough to walk over to LD and shook his hand. After the incident, IBF should look into the matter seriously what triggered TH's behavior. This is not the first time player protests against a bad line call. "IBF, its time to do something and improve the standard of running a tournament". Also, what about the incident few months ago that LD refused to accept the ..not sure what you call that hat...on the podium at Malaysia Open. Did IBF do something serious about it ????
    at the very least LD finished the game, where as TH did not

    LD was obviously acting immature and unprofessional at MO, but TH was breaking the rules for not finishing the game and being rude on the judge

    i would say suspend the next coming tournament, monetary punishment is useless on TH, he might not be the wealthest person on earth, but rich enough not to care

    i am amazed by how fans can support a wrongful act so blindly...
    Last edited by hydrocyanic; 08-31-2006 at 06:41 PM.

  7. #126
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    i have merged the two discussion threads on taufik's incident in the HK Open, as they both coverged to discussing the same topic.

    and thanks everyone for discussing this matter in such a civilized manner. every person's opinion are naturally different, but the key is to respect what each other said, and disagree in a respectful manner in return.

  8. #127
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    alaska, fairbanks
    Posts
    204
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    holy cow..

    So much happened and I was the last to witness it.. well alaskas way behind the time line anyways who would have really won the match anyways....??? Any good game by TH atleast??

  9. #128
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat
    picture number 5
    dressing down the line judge. part 1.
    This is a classic picture, I love it !!! Making a V gesture against the referee to protest.....hey Taufik, you are the man !

  10. #129
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,197
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Definately wrong behaviour by Taufik this time. I saw some calls for videoing the line for replays. Not an option at the moment. Our sport isn't rich enough as yet. It took many years for tennis to introduce the service line technology.

    Here, I think IBF needs to have a discussion with the line judge, umpire and referee and get a formal match report. Then, consider if Taufik needs some sort of fine.

    For my PERSONAL OPINION, Taufik should be fined. If he refuses to pay, some sort of suspension from IBF sactioned tournaments. e.g next 3 tournaments (5*/6* tournaments)

    And the coach shouldn't be allowed on court for a some time either.

  11. #130
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Agree...

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad
    No they won't (or at least meaningfully). IBF has no backbone
    Yes, I agree with your comment about IBF. That’s the reason for us to act and let them know how we as the base of the sports think regarding this type of unprofessional behavior.

    The IBF has been running like a non profit organization (or it is). All the councils have their own full time job. Attending council meeting during a 6* tournament is just like going to a big party for them. Have we all seen how often the scoring system changes? IBF should really start to learn from other pro sports and running the sports like a real profitable business or give the right to some companies to run it.

    I love to watch Taufik plays. I would definitely miss his net touches and the backhand smashes if he got suspended. But for the good of this sports, suspend him, please!

    On the joke side, I heard one report said Taufik walked out of the stadium and said he is going to Macau….watch your arms, Taufik….that’s the least place you want to be after making some big bets losing….or maybe it’s the other way around….hmmmm…

  12. #131
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    Definately wrong behaviour by Taufik this time. I saw some calls for videoing the line for replays. Not an option at the moment. Our sport isn't rich enough as yet. It took many years for tennis to introduce the service line technology.

    Here, I think IBF needs to have a discussion with the line judge, umpire and referee and get a formal match report. Then, consider if Taufik needs some sort of fine.

    For my PERSONAL OPINION, Taufik should be fined. If he refuses to pay, some sort of suspension from IBF sactioned tournaments. e.g next 3 tournaments (5*/6* tournaments)

    And the coach shouldn't be allowed on court for a some time either.
    Cheung, just out of curiousity, don't you feel a bit "hosed" by what happened??..i mean you probably expected a real entertaining match but then it ended abruptly?? and probably "ruined" the rest of the day for you(and most likely most of the spectators), eventhough there were still some good matches..

  13. #132
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K
    This time it was TH, previously was LD doing something else....in short, these two players lack sportsmanship but LD is the worst example of all. I hope other players do not follow when they reach the top. In any case, I have lots of respects for TH for being outspoken against PBSI or any organizations. Not only he is good, he has the guts to do something publicly !
    yup, for all of us to see too.
    Btw, 'that something' he did, what did he achieve and to which organization?
    Last edited by cooler; 08-31-2006 at 09:00 PM.

  14. #133
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    People forget it.... the reason u are all so pissed is because u all missed the most highly anticipated game of all time
    Taufik has the right to quit, no one owns him, he has his reasons and you should respect it, you all felt offended because you all couldn't draw conclusion from the match. Of course I am disappointed because I myself wants to know who is greater.

    But to be honest he did not offend anyone, other than the line judge and some anti-Taufiks fans. Compared this to LD's indcident of not accepting the Malaysian gift, LD's action is like saying F*** Off to entire Malaysia nation and his fans accross the globe who were watching it live.
    Anyway this was a quater-final, and it was not on air, only a small damage was done.. especially to small number of people in the stadium.. whos probably traumatised for life.. lol
    Last edited by Simp84; 08-31-2006 at 09:11 PM.

  15. #134
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simp84
    People forget it.... the reason u are all so pissed is because u all missed the most highly anticipated game of all time
    Taufik has the right to quit, no one owns him, he has his reasons and you should respect it, you all felt offended because you all couldn't draw conclusion from the match. Of course I am disappointed because I myself wants to know who is greater.

    But to be honest he did not offend anyone, other than the line judge and some anti-Taufiks fans. Compared this to LD's indcident of not accepting the Malaysian gift, LD's action is like saying F*** Off to entire Malaysia nation and his fans accross the globe who were watching it live.
    Anyway this was a quater-final, and it was not on air, only a small damage was done.. especially to small number of people in the stadium.. whos probably traumatised for life.. lol
    u r so wrong... u don't see the big ramification of this incident.

    first, LD did stay and entertained the crowd, MAL fans happy coz LCW won. LD apologized later.

    second, the big one, is this single action quashed all the effort by us fans and ibf to promote badminton and getting more sponsorship. If ibf doesn't fix or control this 'unexpected' game fortfeiture, badminton will see LESS sponsorship, even from asia countries and companies. What sponsors would want to associate their names with this kind of event?? What tv channel want to slot in badminton program with players walking out games on a whim?? less sponsorship= less money=less marketing=less popularity=less new talent=badminton going downhill

    if ibf doesnt do anything, watch sponsorship to slip off.
    that means yonex has to bear more of the funding and sponsorship, which mean higher cost on new badminton equips. Yes, taufik action will costs us all.


    Paramount Picture terminated Tom Cruise's contract because of tom's unpredictable off screen behavior. Yes, off screen behavior was enough to get his contract terminated. Taufik behavior here is like on screen during a take.
    Last edited by cooler; 08-31-2006 at 09:41 PM.

  16. #135
    Regular Member phaarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nelson, Aotearoa (NZ)
    Posts
    2,274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vtec101
    I really can't believe how some people are actually trying to justify TH's actions. TH is competing at the highest level of the sport and for him to act this way is embarrasing, not only to himself, but to the sport. Everyone who plays this sport have had bad calls, not that I'm saying the lineslady made a bad call.
    For those of you who says TH can't compete due to the unfairness, would he have walked off the court had a linesperson made a bad call against his opponent? Of course not. It's all part of the sport, everyone makes mistakes. And for TH to act this way due to ONE call perceived as "bad" by him, that's not a mark of a sportsman. And as someone mentioned, if he is worried about getting bad calls, he should just play in Indonesia, then he MIGHT get all the calls his way.
    I used to admire TH for his skill and talent, but unless he matures and stop acting so spoiled, I won't miss him playing.
    And I can't believe some people are actually taking it so seriously !

    Most people who have quoted me since I last posted seem to have completely misunderstood me. That could be my fault for not making myself clear, or people not fully reading all my posts (and only quoting a small irrelevant part). I am NOT trying to blindly defend him (like I stated earlier). I'm simply trying to say that it's honestly not that big a deal. What he did wasn't super professional, but nor was it super UNprofessional.

    I just don't understand how people can dwell so much on such a thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    second, the big one, is this single action quashed all the effort by us fans and ibf to promote badminton and getting more sponsorship. If ibf doesn't fix or control this 'unexpected' game fortfeiture, badminton will see LESS sponsorship, even from asia countries and companies. What sponsors would want to associate their names with this kind of event?? What tv channel want to slot in badminton program with players walking out games on a whim?? less sponsorship= less money=less marketing=less popularity=less new talent=badminton going downhill
    That's all a matter of assumption, and based on what? I still think you're making far too big a deal out of such a simple thing. Of course, if that really does happen I'll change my mind on the matter. But so far I see no reason for any of that to happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    and thanks everyone for discussing this matter in such a civilized manner. every person's opinion are naturally different, but the key is to respect what each other said, and disagree in a respectful manner in return.
    I guess you can't change anyone's opinion. And if you could, they wouldn't be likely to admit it. Once again, I've stated mine (hopefully more clearly this time...), and it's not about to change so please stop trying to belittle everything I say .
    Last edited by phaarix; 08-31-2006 at 09:50 PM.

  17. #136
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Thomson, Singapore.
    Posts
    3,729
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Badminton is Taufik's livelihood. He is a professional and should understand that he has an obligation to play while enertaining the spectators. If every sportsman is going to just walk away without finishing whatever they're competing in, then do you think people will bother to pay watching and suddenly the game is over less than 5 mins later???

    No spectators = No demand/popularity = No Revenue = No Tournaments.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Taufik Hidayat playing doubles!
    By thejym in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 32
    : 07-10-2009, 06:10 PM
  2. Is Taufik Hidayat playing in French Super Series?
    By romizone in forum Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008
    Replies: 2
    : 10-28-2008, 04:30 AM
  3. Taufik playing MX & MD
    By newjazz in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 17
    : 11-17-2006, 08:05 AM
  4. Taufik Will Be Banned From Playing This Wc 2006
    By indra in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 110
    : 09-24-2006, 09:41 PM
  5. Taufik Hidayat not playing in China Open
    By coolknight in forum Hong Kong Open / China Open / Chinese Taipei Open 2005
    Replies: 36
    : 11-09-2005, 01:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •