User Tag List

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix
    I just don't understand how people can dwell so much on such a thing...
    It's definately not as minor as you think. What he did may have serious implications in the future as other players may do the same if IBF does not do anything about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by modious
    It's definately not as minor as you think. What he did may have serious implications in the future as other players may do the same if IBF does not do anything about it.
    Well if that does happen, I may just change my mind, but I don't see anything like that happening sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    In 2005 malaysian open, lin dan received at least 2 bad calls (first game and third game, LD won the 2nd game because no bad call in second round. LD was way ahead of LCW in the first and 3rd game too). LD played on.
    Yes but he acted just as obnoxious as taufik afterwards ... not that i am supporting TH this time he was a jerk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simp84
    People forget it.... the reason u are all so pissed is because u all missed the most highly anticipated game of all time
    Taufik has the right to quit, no one owns him, he has his reasons and you should respect it, you all felt offended because you all couldn't draw conclusion from the match. Of course I am disappointed because I myself wants to know who is greater.

But to be honest he did not offend anyone, other than the line judge and some anti-Taufiks fans. Compared this to LD's indcident of not accepting the Malaysian gift, LD's action is like saying F*** Off to entire Malaysia nation and his fans accross the globe who were watching it live.
    Anyway this was a quater-final, and it was not on air, only a small damage was done.. especially to small number of people in the stadium.. whos probably traumatised for life.. lol
    In a way, you are correct in a sense that a lot of us(probably the fans who are watching it live there are the ones most affected) were upset because he didn't provide us with what we wanted to see..
    However, you don't see the point that a lot of us have been saying and repeating over & over. Sure, what he did which i've highlighted in bold above is not "life threatening". But what abt his opponent, which happened to be LinDan. Don't you think he "offended" him by behaving like that??After only 1 questionable call, early in the game??..
    What if the next tournament he participates in, his opponent(s) disagree with the linesmen's *FIRST* call abt 4-5 minutes into the game and decide to just walk off, forfeiting the game to Taufik. And so forth. It's going to be a farce and joke to the rest of the world. And how will Taufik feel abt that?? I mean don't tell me he wants to be the next World Champion thru winning by forfeit..?!?!..How would you feel if he actually defend his title like that??..

One last comment, especially to those doubters:I know most of us are familiar with Tony Gunawan correct?? Now, in you guys' opinion, do you think Tony will act like what Taufik did in that instance??..Just something to wonder about..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-31-2006 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if that does happen, I may just change my mind, but I don't see anything like that happening sorry.
    you don't wait for something to blow up before acting upon it. Prevention is always better than cure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur!..there you go, that's another ramification/implications/affect of his actions and if IBF or the powers that be don't take control..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you don't wait for something to blow up before acting upon it. Prevention is always better than cure.
    Well I'm not sure what I could really do about it other than wait lol .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concur with you, modious..
    Hmm, you think so heh, phaarix?? before this incident, do you think this kind of incident could happen, (eventhough it happened with Taufik before)??..Who knew anything like this will happen, again? And especially after the LinDan's incident at the MO...
    And if this doesn't get tackled, who knows what's going to happen next??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-31-2006 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It did happened already. When Taufik walked off, thousands of spectators shouted for refunding their tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok OK taufik ruined badminton, thats what everyone wanna hear

But look on the bright side.. at least that might alert IBF to put camera on court for replay.. to promote fair play
    We shall see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat
    at that time. i was sitting on the floor right next to that line judge with my shoulder touched her knee. so, instead of her. i dare to say no one can see it clearer than me! that shuttle was indeed landed on the line. the only problem was the line judge called an out at the beginning. but within 1/125 second later she "re-call" it as in. and that's why taufik wasn't convinced!
    If I was Taufik, I would be pissed off, too. We can't have linejudges playing hanky-panky with the photographers. Next time, when you want to touch her knee, do it outside the game, ok?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But look on the bright side.. at least that might alert IBF to put camera on court for replay.. to promote fair play
    We shall see
    No, Taufik is not big enough to ruin badminton. If half the players act like him, then yes, collectively, they may ruin badminton. Luckily, Taufik is a rare case.

Badminton does not have the money to implement these sort of technology. Even when we get to see it in some tournaments, I think it is the effort of the broadcasting company, not IBF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Unsportsman like behaviour on court!

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    Concur with you, modious..
    Hmm, you think so heh, phaarix?? before this incident, do you think this kind of incident could happen, (eventhough it happened with Taufik before)??..Who knew anything like this will happen, again? And especially after the LinDan's incident at the MO...
    And if this doesn't get tackled, who knows what's going to happen next??..
    Hey bros,

You're spot on. The fact that players know they can get away with their antics on court that they do it again and again. Those respectable uncles running IBF must put a stop to all this nonsense and misdemeanour on court once and for all before the game goes into disrepute and chaos. If these acts go on and repeats itself further as i expect them too --- badminton will be famous for 1 thing and 1 thing only - yup you guessed it!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong
    If I was Taufik, I would be pissed off, too. We can't have linejudges playing hanky-panky with the photographers. Next time, when you want to touch her knee, do it outside the game, ok?
    gee red, hopefully the IBF officials won't have to call upon you to bear witness to the incident; with you sitting literally next to the court and most importantly equipped with your camera & tele-lens strapped on..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-31-2006 at 09:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We shall see
    yes, i hope ibf will learn from this but will taufik learn from this? I didnt say TH ruined badminton, u r exaggerating the negative to support your point, meaning your point was weak to start. I think badminton took a step backward today while many positive steps were made to progress badminton where it is today. Take a look at how many posts and thread here in bf on the subject of making badminton popular. It is very easy to weaken it then to strengthen it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong
    i m glad u are no taufik. just relax man! i've been doing my job professionally for the past 15 years. i know what is right and what is wrong. my shoulder wasn't actually touched that line judge's knee. i was just sitting 1 seat behind her with that side by side distance. is that clear enough?
    besides, do u think the umpire will allow me to sit that close?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat
    i m glad u are no taufik. just relax man! i've been doing my job professionally for the past 15 years. i know what is right and what is wrong. my shoulder wasn't actually touched that line judge's knee. i was just sitting 1 seat behind her with that side by side distance. is that clear enough?
    besides, do u think the umpire will allow me to sit that close?
    he might but i bet your wife won't tho

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast