User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quik_silver
    With those chilidsh attitude, I hope he retires right now.
    It's not the people that see Taufik as doing something wrong or harmful to the sport that annoy me. I can respect that. It's this drama queen sort of attitude that I really hate. Someone walked off a court... and you think they should retire because of it? Talk about way over the top.

It would be nice for Taufik to make a public apology or something, but you're going overboard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix
    It's not the people that see Taufik as doing something wrong or harmful to the sport that annoy me. I can respect that. It's this drama queen sort of attitude that I really hate. Someone walked off a court... and you think they should retire because of it? Talk about way over the top.

It would be nice for Taufik to make a public apology or something, but you're going overboard.
    totaly agree. apology for the fans will be just appropriate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra
    My arguments:

1. The committee has failed to appoint good linemen/women.
    2. This is a 6* event.
    3. The linemen/women must be "alert" (that's their job).
    4. If the linemen/women have the right to change their decision, then Taufik has also the right to protest it.
    5. The committee has failed to anticipate this kind of controversies by provided instant video replay facilities to resolve the problem.
    6. It is TH's right to be treated fairly.

My opinions:
    1. The linelady/umpire/referee/committee should made a public appology for this incident, not TH. They should admit that they have made a mistake. Did they?
    2. Players are not "gladiators" who must play to the satisfaction of the spectators. They must also be protected
    3. TH was only reacting.

And many others, I have a meeting to attend. WIll continue...
    1. show me an Indonesia Open where no bad calls ever made
    2. Yes, 6*, taufik should show some class.
    3. She was alerted, that is why she made the correction right away. Alertness and nervousness are very different. Over alertness causes nervousness. If she was not alert, she would stick with her initial call or make a ‘unseen’ call. She was too alert if i may say as an ex-line judge.
    4. go ahead and protest, don’t concede.
    5. Incorrect. All teams know the judging standard used before entering tournaments. By entering the HK Open, u have agreed to abide by its and IBF rules. All players are treated the same way. I never seen HK officials favored any particular country. There are (or were) lots of taufik fans from the HK side too.
    6. How was taufik not treated fairly, official’s conducts were by the book. More importantly, I THINK THE SPECTATORS AND THE SPONSORS should be treated fairly. They footed the bills and taufik played for monies.
    Last edited by cooler; 09-01-2006 at 01:12 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply Cooler, you saved me a post. Come to think about it, there's no need to post. If people cannot understand what Taufik did was wrong, there's no point nor use in trying to influence them anyway. They just don't get it.

Please note (as I'm sure the others here expressing their dismay with Taufik have the same/similar stance), I would feel the same if any other player reacted the way Taufik reacted. This is not a specific attack on Taufik. In fact, I'm pro-Taufik, hoping Taufik would beat Lin Dan in the HK Open.

So again, I am not singling out Taufik nor being biased against him. The fact is what he did was unprofessional. If any other player did this, I would be all over him/her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    1. show me an Indonesia Open where no bad calls ever made
    2. Yes, 6*, taufik should show some class.
    3. She was alerted, that is why she made the correction right away. Alertness and nervousness are very different. Over alertness causes nervousness. If she was not alert, she would stick with her initial call or make a ‘unseen’ call. She was too alert if i may say as an ex-line judge.
    4. go ahead and protest, don’t concede.
    5. Incorrect. All teams know the judging standard used before entering tournaments. By entering the HK Open, u have agreed to abide by its and IBF rules. All players are treated the same way. I never seen HK officials favored any particular country. There are (or were) lots of taufik fans from the HK side too.
    6. How was taufik not treated fairly, official’s conducts were by the book. More importantly, I THINK THE SPECTATORS AND THE SPONSORS should be treated fairly. They footed the bills and taufik played for monies.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, no news about 'TH's incident' that reports in INA media/press at sport column today. Quoted from JakartaPost -- TH retired trailing 4-1 in the first game of the match. The tournament's website didn't give a reason for his retirement.--the end. I guess, it's definitely embarrassing action that should not reported completely. This 'big-head' INA's famous shuttler wants to showed he was in the right side at that moment and never want accepted another opinion including wrong line-call.It's just an idiot decision that can make everyone laughing because he walked-out not in critical point and too early to know who can advance to last four although LD lead 4-1 at 1st set (still far from match point).2 specific identity of TH: emotional and controversy.Certainly, TH never regret for this situation because he isn't down-to-earth person type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY
    Anyway, no news about 'TH's incident' that reports in INA media/press at sport column today. Quoted from JakartaPost -- TH retired trailing 4-1 in the first game of the match. The tournament's website didn't give a reason for his retirement.--the end. I guess, it's definitely embarrassing action that should not reported completely. This 'big-head' INA's famous shuttler wants to showed he was in the right side at that moment and never want accepted another opinion including wrong line-call.It's just an idiot decision that can make everyone laughing because he walked-out not in critical point and too early to know who can advance to last four although LD lead 4-1 at 1st set (still far from match point).2 specific identity of TH: emotional and controversy.Certainly, TH never regret for this situation because he isn't down-to-earth person type.
    i also haven't seen anything either on other newspaper websites...it might not be a "big" deal now, but wait til the public slowly finds out abt it...Or maybe they haven't seen the pics, posted here, of the incident..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by virusvoodoo
    Other emotional/childish reponses such as crying after winning a match is fine but this is unacceptable.
    Meaning that Taufik has all of this emotions/childish (Hahahaha....) though. So he is not only a badminton top gun but also celebrity/artist or actor......very distinguished person I can say, still I admire him ...........

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    i also haven't seen anything either on other newspaper websites...it might not be a "big" deal now, but wait til the public slowly finds out abt it...Or maybe they haven't seen the pics, posted here, of the incident..
    I've not checked the newspaper websites myself. But basically I think only chinese reporters were there. On semifinals day, there are probably double the number of reporters than there are on q/f day. Well, me and Red just happened to be around. I wasn't even sure about going beforehand as I had got very little rest the night before form my work. BF was really lucky to get those pics.

Although I haven't asked, I think all those lines people have at least a badminton umpiring certificate. Although indra has stoutly defended Taufik, the lineswoman did a great job in correcting her decision [B]immediately[B/} and sticking to it under pressure. If I had seen it clearly and positioned where Red was, I probably would have said to Taufik if the shuttle was "keluar" or not!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hey guys, I'm going to close this thread because I can see it's going to move away from the OP's apologies. Suffice to say, if it's anybody who should be apologising, it's Taufik. Even if he thinks the line call was wrong, he should still have been professional about his behaviour to the linesperson.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3