User Tag List

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 349
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,433
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hong Kong Open 2006 SEMI-FINALS (01/09)

    MEN'S SINGLES
    Lin Dan vs Kenneth Jonassen (TV Court -- match no 2) -- no problem for Lin.

    Chen Jin vs Lee Chong Wei (MATCH OF THE ROUND, TV Court -- match no 4) -- the Malaysian player to win and reach a second successive semi-final.

    MEN'S DOUBLES
    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan
    vs Guo Zhendong/Xu Chen (TV Court -- match no 3) -- on paper, the young Indonesian pair should win to reach their first final this year, but, they have to be careful.

    Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah vs Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun (MATCH OF THE ROUND, TV Court -- match no 5) -- Fu/Cai have been very consistent this year and they should win.

    WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Zhang Ning
    vs Jiang Yanjiao (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- the senior player to win.

    Tine Rasmussen vs Xie Xingfang -- a surprising result for the Danes today, but, Xie should be too powerful for her.

    WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Gao Ling/Huang Sui vs Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- the Chinese pair to win!

    Gail Emms/Donna Kellogg vs Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen -- ditto!

    MIXED DOUBLES
    Zhang Jun/Gao Ling vs Zheng Bo/Zhao Tingting -- the senior Chinese pair to win!

    Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen vs Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir (MATCH OF THE ROUND, TV Court -- match no 1) -- if there's any pair that can beat the in-form Nova/Butet, it's the Chinese pair Xie/Zhang. However, Xie just recovers from an injury...I think Nova/Butet can win!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    909
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania

    Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah vs Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun (MATCH OF THE ROUND, TV Court -- match no 5) -- Fu/Cai have been very consistent this year and they should win.
    I hope the veterans will win...
    Last edited by pauline; 08-31-2006 at 10:52 AM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    Chen Jin vs Lee Chong Wei (MATCH OF THE ROUND, TV Court -- match no 4) -- the Malaysian player to win and reach a second successive semi-final.
    umm ... you mean reach the final?
    hmmm, i thought LCW has lost in early rounds for the last 2 competitions?
    and for once, i actually agree with your predictions, though i'm hoping that ctf/lww will do well ...

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    KL & Sg
    Posts
    5,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree 100% with badMania's prediction.

    I think the players with good chances of spoiling the prediction are Chen Jin (against LCW), Choong TF/Lee LWW (against Fu/Cai) and Xie ZB/Zhang YW (against Widianto/Natsir).

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,128
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Amazing Chen Jin and Lee CW. Both of them beat their opponents so easily! Those were supposed to be close, but actually not close at all.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    2,056
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Though hoping LCW to win but I think it will be very tough match

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,128
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would like to say it again, that Lee HI is really a quarter-finalist expert. It is not an insult. It is a fact, first, then half praise, half disappointment. It always so easy for Lee HI to reach the quarter final, even had to beat some players like Taufik to get there, but after quarter-final, Lee HI always has problems to proceed further. It might be a mental issue.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    vancouver, canada
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i hope CJ wins

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looks like another all China sweep like last year.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viper2005
    Looks like another all China sweep like last year.
    i wouldn't bet on that.
    i think that the MS, MD and XD are still up for grabs, with XD most likely to produce the non-chinese winners.
    nova/lilyana have been playing fantastically well this year, and ZJ/GL should watch out if they make it to the finals.
    i can still see CY/FHF losing the MD as well.

    however, for WS and WD, as long as the top chinese women are in attendance, i don't know why the other women even bother to compete!
    might as well just give it to them ...

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Muddy Estuary
    Posts
    686
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good to know that all the MAS players are featured on the TV courts.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Milpitas CA, USA
    Posts
    2,696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Need adjustment

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents
    I would like to say it again, that Lee HI is really a quarter-finalist expert. It is not an insult. It is a fact, first, then half praise, half disappointment. It always so easy for Lee HI to reach the quarter final, even had to beat some players like Taufik to get there, but after quarter-final, Lee HI always has problems to proceed further. It might be a mental issue.
    I don't think it's a mental issue, just look at the QF list that he most probably have to face :
    Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei, Chen Jin, Peter Gade, Chen Hong, Bao Chunlai. All these players can play very fast games which Lee Hyun Il find it hard to cope with his playing style(stroke and defensive player). I would categorize Lee in the same boat as Boonsak, Kenneth Jonassen. Unless these player change their playing style, they will not do well in the 21-point new system. If you recall before Li Mau arrive, LCW was facing the same problem. I think a minor twick will do magic on these players just like Roslin Hashim.
    Just my opinion.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    2,360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hope to see Lin Dan and Chen Jin in the final.
    Fu/Cai are in good form, I hope they win tomorrow.
    Zhong Guo Dui Jia You!!!

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, Chen Jin Vs Lin Dan in the finals means BORING. They have played in Macau Open a few months ago and it was damn boring to watch (in video btw)....

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,042
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Better for the sport to have mixed countries in the finals instead of just the red flag of China. I concede the women's events to CHN but the other 3 are still open. Definitely NO to LD v CJ in MS final.

  16. #16
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Almost forgot abt the Semis..

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    MEN'S DOUBLES
    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan
    vs Guo Zhendong/Xu Chen (TV Court -- match no 3) -- on paper, the young Indonesian pair should win to reach their first final this year, but, they have to be careful.

    Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah vs Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun (MATCH OF THE ROUND, TV Court -- match no 5) -- Fu/Cai have been very consistent this year and they should win.
    hehe, oops, almost forgot abt the Semis, after all the commotions on QF day..Still can't believe Taufik made the "most noise" in the whole tournament, yet he lost tamely in the QF...
    Anyways, for the MD Semis, not to undermine their opponents, i want Kido/Markis and Fu/Cai to meet in the Finals on Saturday. These 2 pairs could be headed for their own rivalry..BTW, anyone know if they've played against each other before??..

  17. #17
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    hehe, oops, almost forgot abt the Semis, after all the commotions on QF day..Still can't believe Taufik made the "most noise" in the whole tournament, yet he lost tamely in the QF...
    Anyways, for the MD Semis, not to undermine their opponents, i want Kido/Markis and Fu/Cai to meet in the Finals on Saturday. These 2 pairs could be headed for their own rivalry..BTW, anyone know if they've played against each other before??..
    sorry, make that Kido/Setiawan not Kido/Markis..

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 Hong Kong Open SS: Semi-Finals Sat 19-Nov
    By chris-ccc in forum Hong Kong Open / China Open 2011
    Replies: 227
    : 11-20-2011, 10:28 PM
  2. 2011 Hong Kong Open SS: Semi-Finals Sat 19-Nov
    By extremenanopowe in forum Hong Kong Open / China Open 2011
    Replies: 1
    : 11-18-2011, 09:53 AM
  3. Hong Kong Open 2006 FINALS (02/09)
    By badMania in forum Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006
    Replies: 614
    : 04-26-2009, 05:48 PM
  4. Hong Kong Open 2007 : Day 6 (Dec 1st) - semi finals
    By kwun in forum Hong Kong Open 2007
    Replies: 803
    : 12-02-2007, 10:01 AM
  5. Request: Hong Kong Open 2006 and Macau Open 2006 MS Finals
    By carbonex20 in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 1
    : 10-07-2007, 07:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •