User Tag List

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad
    Better for the sport to have mixed countries in the finals instead of just the red flag of China. I concede the women's events to CHN but the other 3 are still open. Definitely NO to LD v CJ in MS final.
    I second this. It's getting boring watching CHN vs CHN in the finals. Sometimes, I even felt that the match has been pre-Determined (just like a circus act). Even final between LCW vs LD is not exciting to watch anymore, after so, so many. Just to think about it makes me yawn. I wish to see KJ/LCW or KJ/CJ in the final this time. Do the UPSET, Kenneth. I want you in the FINAL. Anybody knows of any online 'Bomoh' or 'Vodoo' sites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh* ZN vs JYJ not playing on the TV court. Really love to see JYJ playing, so elegant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents
    I would like to say it again, that Lee HI is really a quarter-finalist expert. It is not an insult. It is a fact, first, then half praise, half disappointment. It always so easy for Lee HI to reach the quarter final, even had to beat some players like Taufik to get there, but after quarter-final, Lee HI always has problems to proceed further. It might be a mental issue.
    Good point, we can categorize the players: Quarter-finals experts -Lee HI -Hafiz -Ponsana Semi-finals experts -CH -LCW -BCL Finals experts -LD -TH -PG who else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K
    Good point, we can categorize the players: Quarter-finals experts -Lee HI -Hafiz -Ponsana Semi-finals experts -CH -LCW -BCL Finals experts -LD -TH -PG who else?
    Add KJ and CJ to Quarter-finals experts, promote LCW to Final experts and create a category called Pull-out expert and put TH there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW will win.. Chen Jin and LCW both are different level in skill. I had saw Chen Jin play in Thailand Open.. Just so.. so..only.. Don't have so call secreat weapon in his game...Sorry for CJ fans..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If LIN Dan and LEE Chong Wei all enter into Final or not, LIn Dan will be the 1st seed of WC. CHEN Jin will be in the same half with LEE Chong Wei instead of LIN Dan in WC.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    Anyways, for the MD Semis, not to undermine their opponents, i want Kido/Markis and Fu/Cai to meet in the Finals on Saturday. These 2 pairs could be headed for their own rivalry..BTW, anyone know if they've played against each other before??..
    Yeah...I would second that! I don't think Kido/Hendra have played Cai/Fu before. It's about time they meet each other since both have similar attacking styles.

Just a slight diversion from the HK Open, I was quite impressed with the attcking style displayed by Frans Kurniawan/Rendra Wijaya (Candra's brother) over the past 2 days in the Singapore Satelitte. With more experience, they should have enough fire power to be a strong doubles pair in the main squad (probably in 1 or 1.5 years time?). On the other hand, Yoga Ukikasah/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki (ranked 35) were not really impressive in their struggle to beat a Malaysian pair yesterday. It was only that the critical stage (down 17-19) that they show some of their potential

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cxytdn
    If LIN Dan and LEE Chong Wei all enter into Final or not, LIn Dan will be the 1st seed of WC. CHEN Jin will be in the same half with LEE Chong Wei instead of LIN Dan in WC.
    Err...this is not true...as event has posted earlier. At most, Lin Dan can only get 35803 as he won the HK Open last year. So, if he does not win this year, he will still risk losing some ranking points. On the other hand, LCW's ranking point is 37953 and since he is the runners-up of the HK Open last year, the lowest point he get is 37953-810 = 37143. Therefore, LCW will still be the no 1 seed for the WC.

As for Chen Jin, his current ranking point is 32329 (10 tournaments). If he wins the HK Open, his ranking point will increase to 35419, whereas, if he loses today, his point will be 33819 which is below Peter Gade's. So, he will be either the 3rd or 4th seed depending on whether he can beat LCW today.

In addition, it's not guaranteed that Chen Jin is guaranteed to be drawn in the same half as LCW. It all depends on the luck of the draw!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right. I forget that the Points Regulations was reformed. But, anyway, CHEN Jin will be still in the same half with LEE Chong Wei, because the top 2 players of the same association, despite their world ranking, should be in different half during a certain tournament according to the IBF regulation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what you guys calculating about?

WC draw will be as simple as follows:

1 quarter: Lee CW
    2 quarter: Chen Jin
    3 quarter: Gade P
    4 quarter: Lin D

it will be the same no matter what the outcome of HK open, right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents
    what you guys calculating about?

WC draw will be as simple as follows:

1 quarter: Lee CW
    2 quarter: Chen Jin
    3 quarter: Gade P
    4 quarter: Lin D

it will be the same no matter what the outcome of HK open, right?
    Err...I believe the way IBF draws the third and fourth seed may not be the same for every tournament. It could be as what you write, but, it may also be switched. So, LCW or Lin Dan does have to play either one of CJ or PG.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    Err...I believe the way IBF draws the third and fourth seed may not be the same for every tournament. It could be as what you write, but, it may also be switched. So, LCW or Lin Dan does have to play either one of CJ or PG.
    no. Since Lin D and Chen J come from the same association, they have to be in different halves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think having Chen Jin in your half is better than having Lin Dan or Peter Gade. Not saying it is easy, but better chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Markis/setiawan vs fu/cai prediction

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ctjcad
    Anyways, for the MD Semis, not to undermine their opponents, i want Kido/Markis and Fu/Cai to meet in the Finals on Saturday. These 2 pairs could be headed for their own rivalry..BTW, anyone know if they've played against each other before??..

Yeah...I would second that! I don't think Kido/Hendra have played Cai/Fu before. It's about time they meet each other since both have similar attacking styles.

Hi Ctjad (Chris),

Kido and setiawan beat cai/Fu once...i cant remember what tournament. .but it was around end of 2004/beginning 2005 (possibly Malaysia Open 2004)...i read bolanews.com....alvin yulianto mentioned that cai/fu is the hardest opponent to beat...but he and luluk should be able to beat them as they beat cai/fu in indo opne final 2004...he also mentioned that markis/setiawan beat them before...why cant we....(it was Alven's Statement in bolanews 2004)....and they never meet after that......i am also looking forward for a mouth watering final ...lets hope they can meet in the final....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right! After some checks, I discover that Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan have indeed beaten Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun in the Malaysia Open 2004 17-16, 15-12. A close scoreline which can be repeated if both pairs win their matches today!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baderz_Jas
    I hope to see Lin Dan and Chen Jin in the final.
    Fu/Cai are in good form, I hope they win tomorrow.
    Zhong Guo Dui Jia You!!!
    my guessing is chen jin vs lin dan in the final.
    but in fact, i really want to watch a battle between lin dan and lee chong wei again!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra
    And the most wanted match will remain the same :

TH vs any of them
    Another 4 point game in early round ?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast