Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wrong thread...

Quote Originally Posted by spchu
    Anyone knows what time is the FINALS?
    to find out please see this link(post #9) for the schedule of matches..good luck-
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=35775
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-01-2006 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The WS start at 1:30pm HK time. I believe that HK and MAS are in the same time zone. It starts at 1:30am daylight savings time in the Eastern US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mirrura
    Before Lin Dan actually looked at the linesman, he KNEW that the shuttle was in and he wanted to throw the shuttle back to KJ. And then later when he got to know that the linesmen called it out, he just let it be. LD was "smart" but dishonest :\
    Yes, Lin Dan knew the shuttle was in but when Kenneth asked the umpire to ask Lin Dan and Lin Dan answered OUT, that was why Kenneth was furious. I think Kenneth was disspointed with Lin Dan not being honest. Kenneth usually give his opponent warm handshake even after he lose but not today. Kenneth half-heartedly shake Lin Dan's hand and you could see his dissapointment. The line-judge basically ruined the match as the winner did not win fair and square and loser ended up dis-respecting his opponent honesty. It was not Lin Dan's fault, in the heat of the battle, player only care about winning, whatever it takes. Lets hope the same line-judge will not be use in the final.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han
    Yes, Lin Dan knew the shuttle was in but when Kenneth asked the umpire to ask Lin Dan and Lin Dan answered OUT, that was why Kenneth was furious. I think Kenneth was disspointed with Lin Dan not being honest. Kenneth usually give his opponent warm handshake even after he lose but not today. Kenneth half-heartedly shake Lin Dan's hand and you could see his dissapointment. The line-judge basically ruined the match as the winner did not win fair and square and loser ended up dis-respecting his opponent honesty. It was not Lin Dan's fault, in the heat of the battle, player only care about winning, whatever it takes. Lets hope the same line-judge will not be use in the final.
    hmm, i personally haven't seen the match, but from what i gathered here, it seemed like either the linejudge(s) in charge:
    1. Didn't pay attention *at all* as to where the shuttle landed or
    2. Made a "blatant" call, knowing well it was the wrong call, yet didn't change it..
    Yet those of us who watched it on the video could tell where the shuttle landed..
    Re LD not telling the truth & KJ asking the umpire to ask LD whether the shuttle was in or out, IMO the umpire *should've asked* the linejudge(s) directly, not LD..Wasn't it the linejudge(s)' job & call(the back and/or the side linejudges)...Anyways, it's unfortunate it ended like that, eventhough they replaced the linejudge.. BTW, did they replace 1 or 2 linejudges??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-01-2006 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up REXY is the BEST

Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    Another amazing finale as the veterans managed to beat Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun 22-20 in a thrilling rubber set. The points were really tight from the beginning and both pairs never allow the opponent to edge ahead. Choong/Lee had 2 match points and took the second one. Fu/Cai looked disappointed but well...you can say that Malaysian pairs really had a grip over the Chinese pairs esp since Fu/Cai have lost mostly to Malaysian pairs nowadays. They lost to Mohd Fairuzizuan/Lin in last year's WC, to Chan Chong Ming/Koo Kien Keat in the Malaysia Open semi-final and now to Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah in the Hong Kong Open semi-final. Well done Malaysia! Rexy will be proud of you!

Tomorrow's final between Kido/Hendra and Choong/Lee is again going to exciting, but Kido/Hendra had a bad record against Choong/Lee
    All malaysian fans should be grateful to Rexy for making the Malaysian Doubles pairs so much more effective nowadays. He gave it his all including collapsing and going to hospital etc...Well done Rexy..you make us all proud!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    With their 3-1 head-to-head record in favor of Lee/Choong vs. Fu/Cai, i wasn't surprised by the result. I mean it could've gone either way.
    Hmm, i believe Jens Eriksen & Martin Lundgard Hansen beat Fu/Cai in last yr's S'pore Open in straight sets. I was there to witness the match, as it was one of the last one of the day. The match was tight thruout, but at the end it seemed like the CHN pair made a few more errors than the Danes. Of course those 2 pairs met in subsequent tourneys with different results.
    So, it seems like the pairs that have given Fu/Cai a "challenge", win or lose, are those with many yrs of experiences (ie. Lee/Choong, Tony/Candra, Sigit/Candra, Jens/Martin)...
    Yes, Cai/Fu has been defeated many times (in fact, they have NEVER won Chan/Koo in their two previous encounters). Other notable defes atin the last 15 months are,

Jul 10, 2005 - Malaysia Open - final - lost to Budiarto/Wijaya
    Nov 11, 2005 - China Open - q.f. - lost to Paaske/Rasmussen
    Dec 14, 2005 - World Cup - preliminary - lost to Sang/Zheng
    Dec 29, 2005 - Copenhagen Masters - final - lost to Gunawan/Bach

The head-to-head record between Lee/Choong and Cai/Fu was actually 3-2 prior to last night's match ...

Aug 29, 2003 - Indonesia Open - q.f. - Choong/Lee won - 15-8, 15-4
    Apr 13, 2004 - All England - s.f. - Choong/Lee won - 17-15, 15-10
    Jun 30, 2005 - S'pore Open - 1st rnd - Cai/Fu won - 15-10, 10-15, 15-9
    Sep 2, 2005 - China Masters - q.f. - Choong/Lee won -15-12, 15-9
    Dec 15, 2005 - World Cup - preliminary - Cai/Fu won - 13-21, 21-14, 24-22

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica
    Wow...it is fantastic...LCW and the CTF/LWW..You make Malaysia proud...Well done..Continue with your good job..Oh no..Getting to high and can't sleep...Ha..ha..FHF/CY are finally beatable
    I think FHF/CY ost many times to LWW/CTF, KKK/CCM and Fairuzizuan Tazari/Lin Woon Fui but it was always close match other than losing to Mohd Fairuzizuan Tazari/LWF where I think they lost at under 5 points.
    In fact, I was a bit surprise where Ong Soon Hock/ Tan Bin Shen were not able to put up a good fight against CY/FHF. Nowadays, if all Malaysian top MD particpate in any tournaments, we should expect at east one or two pairs in SF or even Final.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inky2000
    Yes, Cai/Fu has been defeated many times (in fact, they have NEVER won Chan/Koo in their two previous encounters). Other notable defes atin the last 15 months are,

Jul 10, 2005 - Malaysia Open - final - lost to Budiarto/Wijaya
    Nov 11, 2005 - China Open - q.f. - lost to Paaske/Rasmussen
    Dec 14, 2005 - World Cup - preliminary - lost to Sang/Zheng
    Dec 29, 2005 - Copenhagen Masters - final - lost to Gunawan/Bach

The head-to-head record between Lee/Choong and Cai/Fu was actually 3-2 prior to last night's match ...

Aug 29, 2003 - Indonesia Open - q.f. - Choong/Lee won - 15-8, 15-4
    Apr 13, 2004 - All England - s.f. - Choong/Lee won - 17-15, 15-10
    Jun 30, 2005 - S'pore Open - 1st rnd - Cai/Fu won - 15-10, 10-15, 15-9
    Sep 2, 2005 - China Masters - q.f. - Choong/Lee won -15-12, 15-9
    Dec 15, 2005 - World Cup - preliminary - Cai/Fu won - 13-21, 21-14, 24-22
    thanks for digging up the info, Inky2000..hmm, but remember most or all of these stats were still using the "15 pt system"(if it makes much difference anyway). I also notice some of FHF/CY defeats were much earlier(as early as 2003), where they probably had little or minimal experiences. If i'm not mistaken, their rise was actually abt 2 or so yrs. ago ?!?! Hmm, interesting to see Paaska/Rasmussen also were able to overcome them. They even went down in defeat to Bach/Gunawan(in that invitational tourney)?!?!..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han
    I don't think I need any medical checking, if my heart can take this type of suspense then I am pretty healthy. Great Job KS.
    Ishould also be more healthy as i am watching live.Boy!What a game.The intense suspense,keeps your heart pumping mad.But what the hack,I need another high from the final between Ld and LCW.To Ksooi,a fantastic live report for the benefit of all badminton lovers worldwide.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21