User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karate Kid View Post
    Hi OTB, Wow....now my mind is searching and wondering who you are You are right about the aquarium....fish tank or whatever....San Peng Rd School 2 is correct ( also known as Sam Seng Rd School ) but no, I don't live near the school then. I was living in Salak South Garden. Memory slipped my friend Well, I am not sure about the big bully fish.......memory slipped me too

Ok, to your question what am I doing in Norway.....ready for a long Indian story? Oops.....no, sorry...hope James Selvaraj miss this one I am still the same ass kicking karate kid.....but promoted one up.....am now the national coach of Norwegian Traditional Karate Federation. Talking about Malaysia Boleh hehehe......

What is pm by the way? Been away since 1976.....losing touch with stuff like that
    Give you a hint...I was the number 1 singles table tennis player for our school from 1969 to 1971, our school went to Selangor State SF twice and was our school high jump champion...if I give you my name, I am sure you will recall who I am and I remember you as a tall lanky fella and class monitor, am I correct for a 38-yr old memory? It has been a long time to meet in this forum. I left MAS for CAN in 1978 and never left, now a senior engineer with the Canadian Govt. I mean you can email me and I do not want to take up space in this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    I cannot recall your middle name but your third name is 'Keong', right?
    My brother is Lim Cheng Hoe, so my middle name is obvious, right?

Keong??? You fished this name out from our old fish tank???

Poh, my friend...Poh is my last name.......and I thought I am wellknown

So, care to tell me who you are?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brother is Lim Cheng Hoe, so my middle name is obvious, right?

Keong??? You fished this name out from our old fish tank???

Poh, my friend...Poh is my last name.......and I thought I am wellknown

So, care to tell me who you are?

Choong Woh....do you remember this guy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give you a hint...I was the number 1 singles table tennis player for our school from 1969 to 1971, our school went to Selangor State SF twice and was our school high jump champion...if I give you my name, I am sure you will recall who I am and I remember you as a tall lanky fella and class monitor, am I correct for a 38-yr old memory? It has been a long time to meet in this forum. I left MAS for CAN in 1978 and never left, now a senior engineer with the Canadian Govt. I mean you can email me and I do not want to take up space in this thread.
    Man, I thought you are also into badminton.....Birdie prompted that. I have a little memory of some top ping pong players of SP Rd School...but names I can't recall.....they are stored away back somewhere but I know I recognise them if I hear them......and I think I know who you are......were you from Bukit Bintang then? Oh, one name popped up right this moment.....are you Wong Yuen Peng?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choong Woh? Sounds very familiar I remember now names of a couple of top table tennis players back then....Wong Yuen Peng and Kok Poh Choong. I am sure if I see your picture I will remember you. I remember taking part in our table tennis school championship one year and I shocked had a surprise win over Kok Poh Choong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your email? Didn't find it on your profile....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I can hear feet jumping..

...i can sense OTB must be jumping up & down, hippity hopping and saying to himself "That's it, that's me..."...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait.....is your family name Wong? Were you also in Cheras Rd Sxchool after San Peng?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha, i guess it's a reunion ? it worth two pages, believe me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choong Woh? Sounds very familiar I remember now names of a couple of top table tennis players back then....Wong Yuen Peng and Kok Poh Choong. I am sure if I see your picture I will remember you. I remember taking part in our table tennis school championship one year and I shocked had a surprise win over Kok Poh Choong
    WYP and KPC played for SP1 and I played for SP2. WYP was a fantastic player and a very good player then, ditto for KPC who was my good friend and we practised together. When I faced WYP in inter-school play, I always lost 2-1. When we moved over to Cheras Secondary School, we played on the same team, WYP the first single and me the second and we did well in the State tournament. In that case, you were in SP1 but we did socialize together then. And your achievement in Karate back then was famous, I knew you concede WO but did not know you were injured. Anyway, for 38 yrs history, I guess I could afford to slip a bit. BTW, you have a good memory to remember and correctly spelled WYP and KPC names.

As for me playing baddy here...hahaha!! there is no ping pong players here to play with, not to be arrogant, table tennis is fun and enjoyable to play if the playing partners are good otherwise you end up picking up the ping pong ball more than actual playing the game, and it takes a long time to excel in paddy. At a high level, ping pong is a great game to play and watch. I love paddy more than baddy but here baddy is more popular and there are plenty of players at my level and better than me to play with, so it is fun and besides I can play XD with my wife 2X to 3X a week. Most Malaysians who practise baddy regularly in Malaysia would be a decent player in Canada, on a recreational basis.

Before the moderators lock us out, you may want to email me and we can talk more...gotta go, have to work tomorrow...nice to meet up with you, goodnight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^I hope..^^

...OTB is not shedding tears, but tears of joy of finally meeting one of his long lost friends..................online in a badminton forum..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ...OTB is not shedding tears, but tears of joy of finally meeting one of his long lost friends..................online in a badminton forum..
    great to hear long lost friend being connected through BC.
    guys, you may further chit chatting using BC's private messaging(pm) or YIM or msn messenger or skype.
    thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default wow!

hello there! haha i made a google search on my dad's name Kwek Chiew Peng and it led me to this forum! The first pic on the post is my dad, he was a thomas cupper back in the 70's and i still a whole lot of his newspaper cutting from back then.

well, just to share some info with my dad. He is running a badminton academy now. Just a small scale one. academy.totalbadminton.com.my

mmm if you guys would like to see more news paper cuttings from the past just check out the site, ive included a few in it.

have a good day guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Owh, thanks for sharing, huangkun. It is confirmed then, Kwek Chiew Peng.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good to know..

Quote Originally Posted by huangkun7 View Post
    hello there! haha i made a google search on my dad's name Kwek Chiew Peng and it led me to this forum! The first pic on the post is my dad, he was a thomas cupper back in the 70's and i still a whole lot of his newspaper cutting from back then.

well, just to share some info with my dad. He is running a badminton academy now. Just a small scale one. academy.totalbadminton.com.my

mmm if you guys would like to see more news paper cuttings from the past just check out the site, ive included a few in it.

have a good day guys!
    ..so i take it your dad is the gentleman sitting 3rd from the left??..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeap thats him !

i actually have a similar photo too. wonder how the pic got up there

good day guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..so i take it your dad is the gentleman sitting 3rd from the left??..

Sorry, I could have solved the mysteries for you guys....but I was too busy with OTB. Yeap, that's Kwek Chiew Peng 3rd from the left. He is a very nice gentleman as far as I can recall. Been to my house a few times......If my memory is right I think he was also working as a security guard together with my brother Cheng Hoe at Shell refinery Port Dickson. I think they were partners in doubles for a period. Well, I am getting old and it's so long time ago

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast