Who will win Men's Single in WC2006?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by kwun, Sep 1, 2006.

?

who will win MS in WC2006?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2006.
  1. Bao Chunlai

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Chen Hong

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Chen Jin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Peter Gade Christensen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Hafiz Hashim

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Taufik Hidayat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Sony Dwi Kuncoro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Lee Chong Wei

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Lee Hyun Il

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Lin Dan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Shon Seung Mo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Other (please specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    with the last GP event before the World Championships about to conclude, we have a good idea what the forms of each player are. let's see what everybody think will win the 2006 WC Men's Single title....

2. george333

george333 Regular Member

Associate Director
    I have my money on Bao Chun Lai, Lin Dan it seems to me wasn't too great last time around, what with players like LCW and Taufik able to beat him. And Peter Gade just doesn't seem to be able to win the big titles. What with Bao winning the Korean Open, he's peaking just at the right time.

3. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

I voted for Lee Chong Wei. Every time there is Lin Dan, LCW seems to play very, very well and manage to get to the final to meet him and vice versa(he seems to not play well when Lin Dan is not around, weird). Hopefully, he has gain enough skill to top Lin Dan this time.

4. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    i voted Lee H I. Not a fan of him. Don't think he's the best. He's been playing ok lately tho.

Just think something crazy is gonna happen.

5. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    No No...i have my money on LD...HE'S GONNA WIN!!:D

6. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    voting for LCW here....if he aint gonna win this yr...he'll win next yr in KL

7. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    i love lin dan the most so i'll vote for him :), havent been keeping up with current internation badminton stuff so I dont know how well hes play or whatnot

LIN DAN GAA YUOW !!

8. asphyxiate

asphyxiate Regular Member

Voted for Taufik.. he can win anything he sets his mind out to get, though I don't really believe he'll want it badly enough, so I won't be surprised if Lin Dan or LCW take the title.. they would deserve it more.

9. newjazz

newjazz Regular Member

typist
    Peter! Peter! :d

10. Tatsky

Tatsky Regular Member

Megasmash & Megawatters - 2006 #1 Mens Single

We don't know yet who will be the #1 in 2006 Men's single but I am voting for LIN Dan not because I am the little LIN Dan in Cebu City Philippines but he plays well and deserve for it. Go LIN Dan go....I'll wait you :cool: and your team here in Cebu City Philippines for the MVP CUP 2007 game.:)

Next in rank will be JONASSEN Kenneth :confused: as #2 and TauFik :confused: as #3.

11. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

i will support LD !!! LD if u think u can, u can !!

12. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    I am voting for LCW...not totally because i am the Malaysian but i think that he has the potential to win this title..But now what he must really overcome is LD..I think his biggest opponent is definitely LD and same for LD too...Nowadays..He has already lose many time to LD..I think this is not because of his skill...I think this is all mental problem..He must overcome it...So..When one player want to beat his opponent,he must beat himself first..So..he should find some ways..But beside tihs two players..we can't underestimate other players...I think PG is eager for this title since his age is quite big and he must wish to get some big titles before he retired...And another dangerous man is Taufik...Don't forget that he is the olympic gold medalist...He still has his power..We can't really tell until it happened..So, be patient..

13. vsdelfin

vsdelfin Regular Member

student
    I think Peter Gade will win the WC

I think Peter Gade will be the World Champion.

There are really just four players that are far superior players than the rest: Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei, Peter Gade and Taufik Hidayat. Lin Dan is physically the strongest of the four. Lee Chong Wei is a very well-rounded player. Taufik is the most explosive. Peter is very fast and probably the smartest of the four.

Lin Dan's weak point is his net play. Taufik and Peter are the masters of net play. If Lin Dan meets either of the two, he could be in trouble. Of course, both Taufik and Peter would have to deal with their own weaknesses: Peter's stamina and Taufik's focus (he tends to get bored).

Taufik is undoubtedly the most gifted badminton player on the planet, he hasn't been playing his best recently though. He apparently has motivation problems too. He has already won the World Championship, maybe this time LD, LCW and PG wants to win more than him.

LCW, compared to the other three, does not excel in any particular area. He is very good at everything but he's not the best at anything. Peter is a bit faster than him. Lin Dan smashes just a tad stronger. Taufik's net play is just a millimeter tighter than LCW's. I don't think he'll be able to take control of the game at the critical moments.

There is realy just two things stopping PG from winning the WC: his knee and his luck. Skipping both the Korea Open and the Thailand Open, I think his knee should have gotten better already. As for luck, he has been close to winning the WC three times already, lady luck has got to smile the fourth time around.

#13 vsdelfin, Sep 2, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  14. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    Nice post vsdelfin.
    I think Peter isnt as smart as Taufik though, hes more well rounded + fast.
    Lin DAN!
    2ed vote would be Taufik though.

15. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

got to say LD, he's just the most consistent this year ...
    i hope someone else does beat him though! :p

16. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

My choice would definitely be Chong Wei because he has the most repertoire of strokes.he is highly skilful and Lin Dan is exposing his weaknesses constantly.That's good for him because there is someone out there to improve his game.It's alright to lose but learnt to be a better player.I predict he has a good chance as lin dan,taufik and peter gade to win the championship in Spain.With a little bit of luck,Chong Wei can be the world champion.

17. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Dude, i dont quite agree on that. PG's speed is actually the slowest among the 4 of them, the problem is he might be fast at the beginning of the match but he cannot mantain the speed throughout the match. And i dont agree LCW has no obvious strength compare to the 2 others. He is the speediest among them and has the best defence (probabaly only LD can match him on that). His excellent defense will defintely give loads of trouble to his opponent.

#17 zqloy, Sep 2, 2006
  18. jump_smashing

jump_smashing Regular Member

Lin Dan is quite strong temporary & difficult to beat.
    But of course Lee Chong Wei, Peter Gade and Taufik are there also.....

Hope the best win

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I have a feeling also Peter Gade is saving himself & will be the WC..

vsdelfin, i can't believe i'm in agreement with you on this one, esp. after your take in the HK Open sub-forum...:rolleyes: :p
    Anyways, yah, i think since Peter will be practically playing "in his backyard" and after getting quite a bit of time to rest his body and train more, he should be ready to go and capture this title. Add to that, with a lucky draw, he could finally get it..
    Last yr in the WC Semis, he lost to LinDan in a very competitive 3 setters, as i was there to witness it also. Considering his age(as the "oldest" challenger for the title), I thought his stamina was the reason for his defeat.
    Too bad though, as i thought if he would've overcame LD, he probably would give Taufik a run for his money for the title.

#19 ctjcad, Sep 2, 2006
  20. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Chen Jin, of course. He has been quiet for a while. Disappointing me once, twice, but not the 3rd time.

As he claimed himself, if he plays at the usual level in training, he should win the title (he meant HKO). I don't think any CHN player better than him, while CHN players are already the best in the world. So there is no reason for him to lose, I mean, lose again.