To shaun

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Howard, Jun 25, 2001.

1. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    Hey shaun, the ti7 shuld be able to handle 26lbs but your was a demo rite???
    and it possibly could of been strung at high string tension before as a demo and could of been banged up.I have a friend that has ti-7 and had it for 3 years and has it at 25lbs plus it's a 3u modle.He's playing great clashed once and still did not break so your new one should break that fast this time.3u or 2u

2. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    well ya, my old ti7 was a demo...so it could have already had an inernal probelm...right now it is being replaced with a 2u version that i hope will be more durabile...i aim to string at around the same tension cept with bg70

3. harry

harry Guest

i doubt the problem came from the ti7's playing history cos it was strung at bg85 at 25lb and it was me who mishitted it and honestly, i'm not that good of a player
    we're not saying that the ti7 can't hold clash cos thatz impact from the side and the boxframe can withstand that....our incident was that the string broke near the 12 o'clock of the frame and when teh main string broke, teh cross strings' tension is no longer balanced therefore a strong pull is applied on the 12 o'clock of the ti7 by the cross string tensions making it break