Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default members@ccc should appreciate the link that you have quoted

Quote Originally Posted by andrewghw

Hi Chris,

They were showing on CCTV5 (China's sports channel). You can watch them online at http://wwitv.com/portal.htm. Go to China and then select CCTV5.

All the best!
    Hi andrewghw,

Unfortunately I don't have broadband.

But other members@ccc should appreciate the link that you have quoted.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default China Open 2006: Malaysia doing well to Second Round

Hi Malaysian@ccc,

China Open 2006: Malaysia doing well to Second Round.

Just received this report.

====== start report ======

New Straits Times
    Badminton/China Open: Five pairs advance, Julia pulls off upset

19 Oct 2006
    AJITPAL SINGH

FIVE Malaysian men’s doubles pairs advanced to the second
    round of the China Open badminton championships in
    Ghungzhou yesterday.

Top-ranked Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah and Chan Chong Ming-Koon Kien Keat were, however, made to struggle. Tan Fook-Wan Wah, ranked third in the world, eked out a 15-21, 21-18, 21-8 win over New Zealand’s Daniel Shirley-John Gordon while Chong Ming-Kien Keat were stretched by Thailand’s Sudket Prapakamol-Phattapol Ngensrisuk before winning 21-17, 18-21, 23-21.

Joining them in the second round are world junior champions Tan Boon Heong-Hoo Thien How, Gan Tiek Chai-Mohd Zakry Latif and Chew Choon Eng-Huang Chieng Hun.

In the women’s singles, World No 15 Julia Wong pulled off a major upset when she defeated Hong Kong’s Yip Pui Yin, who is 10 rungs above the Malaysian, 21-18, 17-21, 21-16.

Kien Keat-Wong Pei Tty thrashed Hong Kong’s Wong Shu Ki-Fung Ying 21-5, 21-12 in their mixed doubles opening match.

RESULTS (1st rd) - (Malaysians unless stated): MEN’S Doubles: Chew Choon Eng-Huang Chieng Hun bt Hui Wai Ho-Putra Alroy Tanama (Hkg) 19-21, 21-16, 21-17; Chan Chong Ming-Koo Kien Keat bt Sudket Prapakamol-Phattapol Ngensrisuk (Tha) 21-17, 18-21, 23-21; Gan Tiek Chai-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif bt Zheng Bo-Guo Zhendong (Chn) 14-21, 21-16, 21-15; Tan Boon Heong-Hoon Thien How bt Leong Kin Fai-Lam Chi Man (Mac) 21-12, 21-6; Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah bt Daniel Shirley-John Gordan 15-21, 21-18, 21-8.

WOMEN’S Singles: Julia Wong bt Yip Pui Yin (Hkg) 21-18, 17-21, 21-16; Doubles: Wong Si Yun-Liao Jing Mei (Chn) bt Ooi Sock Ai-Hooi Hing Yan 18-21, 21-19, 21-17.

MIXED DOUBLES: Koo Kien Keat-Wong Pei Tty bt Fung Ying-Wong Shu Ki 21-5, 21-12.

====== end report ======
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 10-19-2006 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Results for hkhung(+4) & Yong-Y(0) on Friday 13-Oct-2006

Hi hkhung,

You said on Wednesday night, that I might have made a mistake in your Friday Night Handicapped Points.

So I went and rechecked the scoreboard for you.

Here are the results for Friday 13-Oct-2006, when hkhung(+4) was partnering Yong-Y(0).

Calculated @start (+2) = [(+4)+(0)] divided by 2.
    Match 1 moved to (+4) Lost against Raymond-T & You Li.
    Match 2 moved to (+6) Lost against Jason-F & Robert-Q.
    Match 3 moved to (+8) Lost against Lisa-C & Jason-K.
    Match 4 moved to (+6) Won against Danny-C & Yih Sheng.
    Match 5 moved to (+8) Lost against chris@ccc (2-against-1).
    Match 6 remained (+8) Lost against Ian-M & Helmut-H.
    Match 7 moved to (+6) Won against Angelo-Y & Joseph-S.
    Match 8 moved to (+4) Won against Jack-Y & David-Z.
    Match 9 moved to (+6) Lost against Peter-L & Kee-F.
    Match 10 moved to (+8) Lost against Jason-F & Robert-Q.
    Match 11 moved to (+6) Won against Angelo-Y & Joseph-S.

Final Results (as divided back into parts again): hkhung(+8) & Yong-Y(+4).

So no mistakes were made in your Handicapped Points.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right O. Sorry i had to keep you up late.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Friday night, 20-Oct-2006, is our CCC Session#27, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hi everyone@ccc,

Friday night, 20-Oct-2006, is our CCC Session#27, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We will still welcome friends of yours or anyone new to join us in our session.

To Date: 122 players have attended our CCC Friday Night Social.
    We are still welcoming players to join our CCC Membership. Our membership will be closed when membership reaches 32.

Send me an email to ask me for a CCC Membership Form.
    My email address is chris@cccbadminton.com

Players are to print out your Membership Form and to fill in your details before you attend.
    Players without printer can fill in our printed forms when you arrive. Just ask Llewellyn at the reception desk.

As usual, I will be out coaching on Friday so I won't be replying mails.
    But you can get me on my mobile phone = 0419-542-037.

CCC Handicapped Competition: Participants are asked to;
    1. Organise yourself with a Doubles Partner earlier before the night.
    2. Arrive to inform us of your Doubles Partnership, so that our competition boards can set up earlier.
    3. Note: When the attendance is low, Singles Competition will be played instead.
    4. The Selecting Team per MAGNETIC BOARD is to draw empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD.
    5. The Winning Team of the Match is to fill/update the empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD.

Don't forget: We are going for Supper(wine-and-dine) at Kingsways, Glen Waverley, after our session.
    May more ideas be suggested @SUPPERTIME.

Our Wednesday CATS & B-Grade Social was also excellent on 18-Oct-2006. You can read about it (POST#62) in this link= http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35687

Cheers... chris@ccc =

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkhung
    Right O. Sorry i had to keep you up late.
    Kaptain Hung, I find it a bit funny that you actually keep to date your handicap points. Can explain why?

Also, there is this matter that I meant to *encourage* you a bit. If you are planning to improve and play competition, don't just keep playing in the lowest grade all the time. You will never improve this way. Have you notice any improvement playing now then playing 12months ago??? You have gone thru enough training. Time to harness your skill.

You should strive to improve your skill and aim to play at higher level. One of the way to do so is to play with better players in a competition. If you play only socially with a better player, he will always lower his standard to suit you. But in competition, he will play his best. So, next time you go to join a competition, if no grade D, then join grade C. The worst you can get is 10 times more body/head smashed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Everyone!
    Hehe.. just checked my handicap, yay i'm two points ahead of laurie ahah! Thx to KwongJ for saving my butt most of the time during our games... (thou if u're reading this, I don't ever want to serve first again!! )

Once again, I'm here to post our apologies... a friend is involved in a dance concert and we've been invited to attend.. Will have to give next week a miss too , it's Laurie's bday next Wed thou his folks have organised dinner for next Fri.. Sorri Chris, can't sneak out of this one ..

Hope everyone's well and since the weather hasn't been as hot, hope the shuttles won't be as fast as last wk .

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc
    Final Results (as divided back into parts again): hkhung(+8) & Yong-Y(+4).

Hey Chris:

Aggregating the handicaps at the start of each night is straightforward, how do you calculate the divvy up bit at the end?

DP

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dance concert for LisaC & LChow

Quote Originally Posted by LisaC

Once again, I'm here to post our apologies... a friend is involved in a dance concert and we've been invited to attend.

Cheers
    Hi LisaC,

Hope that you and LChow had exercise and fun at the dance concert.

I will be preparing to make a report for last night's CCC Friday Nlght Social soon.

Again, I was the odd player out and had to do all the hard dancing around the badminton court by myself... 2-against-1.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Chris:

Aggregating the handicaps at the start of each night is straightforward, how do you calculate the divvy up bit at the end?

DP
    My understanding is this

Calculated @start (+2) = [(+4)+(0)] divided by 2.

Match 11 moved to (+6) Won against Angelo-Y & Joseph-S.
    See i was starting (+2) end with (+6). and my personal score was +4. Hence moving 4 points (from +2 to +6) towards the positive direction, so move personal score from +4 to +8.

Hope that solve the confusion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CCC Handicapped Competition: Doubles Pair

Quote Originally Posted by DoublesPlease
    Hey Chris:

DP
    Hi DoublesPlease,

Firstly, I have to stress that players should choose partners of equal strength/skill. Otherwise their matches would not/could not be as enjoyable. Opponents will just play the weaker player and leave the stronger player out of the game.

I have explained to Loh how our CCC Handicapped Competition works.

Below, you will find the explanation;

====== start explanation ======

Firstly, the competition is a perpectual one, continuing forever. And movement of handicapped points are by 2 at a time.

Let me first explain for the Singles Competition. And we play under the NSS.
    When 2 players, (A & B, say) first enter the Competition, they start with Staring Point(SP) of zero.

So, when A & B play each other, it's Love-all, since we give to all new players, SP=zero. So their game is like a normal game.

If A beats B, then A will have an attained SP=-2, and B's SP=+2.
    If they play each other again, their starting score for their game will be A(Love):B(4), ie A has to give B a 4 point start, 4 being -2 minus +2.

If A beats B again, then A will have an attained SP=-4, and B's SP=+4.
    And if they play each other again, their starting score for the game will be A(Love):B(8), ie A has to give B a 8 point start, 8 being -4 minus +4.

So if A now plays Kevin(Kevin's SP=-8), their starting score for the game will be A(4):Kevin(Love), ie Kevin has to give A a 4 point start, 4 being -8 minus -4.

If A beats Kevin, then A will have an attained SP=-6, and Kevin's SP=-6.
    If they play each other again, their starting score for their game will be Love-all, ie no handicap given.

But now B wants to play Kevin, so their starting score for the game will be B(10):Kevin(Love), ie Kevin has to give B a 10 point start, 10 being -6 minus +4.

We set limits to the SP, which are -8 and +8. So when 2 players, X & Y, X with SP=-8 and Y with SP=+8, play each other, their starting score for their game will be X(Love):Y(16), ie X has to give Y a 16 point start, 16 being -8 minus +8.

I devised this system because I do not want our stronger players to muck about with our weaker players.

And this system will allow a more challenging game for the stronger player, to keep his/her interest up.

To the weaker players, they should find that the system will give them an indication on their progress in Badminton over the months/years of play. But this is subject to the true/honest play that we get out of our stronger players. I usually discourage stronger players to muck about when they play at CCC. They should show respect to weaker players by playing their best, with the exception of no aggressive smashes at weaker ladies.

But to administer the CCC Handicapped Competition can be hard work. Wait till I get to explain the Doubles Competition, as I will do now.

Let me first explain that the SP is like an identifying number for each player. And let us look at 4 players with different SP's, say A(-8), B(-4), C(0) and D(+8).

So if A partners B, their SP will be -6, calculated from (-8 plus -4) divided by 2.

And C and D will have an SP of +4, calculated from (0 plus +8) divided by 2.

So if they play each other, their starting score for the game will be A&B(Love):C&D(10), ie A&B have to give C&D a 10 point start, 10 being -6 minus +4.

And if team A&B wins, then A&B will have an attained SP=-8, and C&D's SP=+6.

And I hope that they will continue to play as fixed pairs to the end of the night. This is because of the recalculation that I have to do when their partnerships dissolve.

Let us say that the game above, A&B beating C&D, was the last game of the night. So how do I recalculate their individual SP's before the start of our next session?... I will explain below;

Firstly, let me remind you of their original SP's, A(-8), B(-4), C(0) and D(+8).
    Because A&B won their game, their SP(combined) has improved from -6 to -8. So, A and B should move to -10 and -6 respectively. But, of course you remember that we have set a limit of -8, so their final SP's will be -8(for A) and -6(for B).

Similarly, C&D having lost their game, their SP(combined) has gone from +4 to +6. So, C and D should move down to +2 and +10 respectively. But, again you remember that we have set a limit of +8, so their final SP's will be +2(for C) and +8(for D).

====== end explanation ======

So, going back to Post#173.

hkhung(+4) partnered Yong-Y(0), giving a partnership(+2).

At the end of the session, their partnership finished from (+2) to (+6), that is their partnership Handicapped Score has moved down by 4 points... so hkhung should move down by 4 points, from (+4) to (+8), and Yong-Y should move down by 4 points too, from (0) to (+4).

That is... each of them moved down by 4 points, that is the MAIN MOVEMENT.

Hope you can figure this out...

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Report for Friday, 20-Oct-2006 (Session#27)

Hi everyone@ccc,

Another GOOD SESSION for Friday, 20-Oct-2006 (Session#27)

For those who were absent.
    >>> CCC Members Attendance = 8
    >>> Casual Visitors Attendance = 11
    >>> New Player(s) Welcomed = 1 ; Wei Wei
    >>> To Date: Out of the 123 players who have attended Friday CCC, 19 have become members.

Last night 17 players took part in our CCC Handicapped Competition. chris@ccc played 2-against-1. Llewellyn was not fit to play. Wei Wei only had a few social games at the end of the night.

Results To Date: The Handicaps for our 19 CCC Members are listed below.
    Handicaps for our Casual Visitors are recorded, but not listed here.
    -8 chris@ccc
    -8 Andrew-N (absent)
    -8 Jason-F (absent)
    -8 Jason-K
    -8 Kee-F
    -8 Kevin-C (absent)
    -8 Peter-L
    -6 Yih Sheng-C
    0 Lisa-C (absent)
    0 Monica-H (absent)
    +2 Andrew-W (absent)
    +2 Julian-H (absent)
    +2 Ken-H
    +2 Laurie-C (absent)
    +2 Lily-C (absent)
    +4 Helmut-H
    +8 Llewellyn-H (not fit to play)
    +8 Mei-W (absent)
    +8 Ned-D (absent)

Participants in our CCC Handicapped Competition were asked to;
    * Organise yourself with a Doubles Partner earlier, before our next Friday session.
    * Arrive to inform us of your Doubles Partnership, so that our competition boards can set up earlier.
    * The Selecting Team per MAGNETIC BOARD is to draw empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD.
    * The Winning Team of the Match is to fill/update the empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD.

Suppertime: Attendance = 9
    Welcoming first time to our CCC Supper: Wei Wei, Jason-G, Ian-M.

Discussions @Supper:
    *Special Welcome to Wei Wei(from Malaysia) who will be returning home in the middle of next week.
    *Jason-G was found to be completing his medical studies soon. It's good to find that we have an additional doctor@CCC.
    *DoublesPlease and kwongj had their complimentary cans of Coke.
    *Fuji is now buying wine as recommended from a Wine Book he purchased.
    *hkhung talked about gathering players from our various CCC venues to form his team for our Inter-Club Matches.
    *Ian-M entertained us with mathematical puzzles.
    *chris@ccc was asked to dig out the “fork-spoon-fork-spoon-fork-spoon-fork-spoon” puzzle.
    *Chiranthi-M was quite surprised that our gathering lasted to 1:30am, 3 hours after our playing session.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc
    Hi LisaC,

Hope that you and LChow had exercise and fun at the dance concert.

I will be preparing to make a report for last night's CCC Friday Nlght Social soon.

Again, I was the odd player out and had to do all the hard dancing around the badminton court by myself... 2-against-1.

Cheers... chris@ccc

haha.. if you count sitting on ur butt all night and watching others dance exercise... couldn't sneak out of this one either!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Footwork@CCC - Dancing With Music

Quote Originally Posted by LisaC
    haha.. if you count sitting on ur butt all night and watching others dance exercise...
    Hi LisaC,

You haven't been to our CCC's CATS before.

We have our BADMINTON@CCC FOOTWORK - DANCING WITH MUSIC.

It's a good footwork/dance exercise.

To me... Footwork@Badminton is Dancing-Around-The-Court .

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hafiz trains at Bukit Jalil in preparation for Asiad Badminton 2006

Hi yschin,

Here is an article about Hafiz's training for Asiad Badminton 2006.

Cheers... chris@ccc

====== start article ======

The Star Online

Hafiz trains at Bukit Jalil in preparation for Asiad badminton

PETALING JAYA: Men singles shuttler Mohd Hafiz Hashim will get off to a fresh start in his preparation for the Asian Games after the Hari Raya celebration.

The 24-year-old Hafiz has decided to stay at Bukit Jalil - together with the other members of the Asiad team, who are gearing up for the Games, which will be held in Doha from Dec 1-15.

By staying in, he will also train on a regular basis with the national team.

The other men singles in the fray are Lee Chong Wei, Kuan Beng Hong and his elder brother Roslin.

Previously, the requirement for Hafiz was to train twice (two sessions) with the national players. But sometimes, the arrangement varied depending on coach Misbun Sidek's training programme.

Hafiz, who checked into the centralized camp in Bukit Jalil on Friday, said the decision to move base would help him to stay more focused in his preparation for his second Asiad.

"All the facilities - training centre, gymnasium and medical center - are in Bukit Jalil. I aim to improve my physical condition. I do not have to worry about food too. For next one month, I plan to be more focused," said Hafiz.

"But whenever required, I will train at Kelana Jaya (the training centre of the Nusa Mahsuri players). But certainly, there will be more sparring sessions with the national team - right up to the Asiad," he said.

After losing to Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia in the quarter-finals at his debut Asian Games in Busan Games four years ago, Hafiz is determined to win a medal.

====== end article ======

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chris's CCC Scoreboard

Morning..
    Here's the promised pic of Chris's CCC Scoreboard in action......

btw Chris... is this the CATS week for learning doubles strategy play?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CCC Handicapped Competition Board

Hi smashed_1,

Thank you for showing the CCC HANDICAPPED COMPETITION BOARD.

Yes, this Wednesday, 25-Oct-2006, at CATS@CCC, we are doing Level(ie Mens or Ladies) Doubles: The Chapter on Players' Position, that is how best the 2 players should move during a rally, or how to share the court coverage during play.

CCC = Clever Court Coverage !!!

Hope that kwongj gets to read this post, because he told me he wants to attend it too.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast