CCC Badminton: Social@Waverley Fri 8:00pm-10:30pm

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by chris-ccc, Sep 2, 2006.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Greetings,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]This thread is a continuation from our 1st thread = [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32267[/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Because of the change to our new Session's Fee Structure, this 2nd thread is created. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]========================[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Please respond if interested.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]CCC Badminton: Friday Social Sessions [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Venue: Waverley Christian College, 1248 High Street Road, Wantirna South, Victoria, Australia [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Time: Every Friday 8:00pm-10:30pm [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Level: For Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Skills [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Members Intake: Maximum of 32 members only[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]CCC Badminton Club was formed in the hope that it will help more people to enjoy playing badminton.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Our CCC Wednesday CATS (maximum of 12 trainees only) = Concentrate on Learning Skills & Perfecting Strokes. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]In the CATS's session, COACHING AND TRAINING are the main activities involved, with a few PRACTICE GAMES being played at the end of the session. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Link is = http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35687
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]In CATS, we have 2 objectives: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]1. To help those who are beginners to get to know the game quicker. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]2. To provide experienced players with a venue to train.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]COACHING is performed by Mr Chris Hoh who has over 20 years of badminton coaching experience, yet is innovative in his coaching techniques. You will receive invaluable information/instruction/demonstration of different SKILLS from him.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Our CCC Friday Social (max 32 players only) = Concentrate on Playing Games. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]The PLAYING OF GAMES is the only activity involved in this session. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]However, we have an interesting Handicapped Competition for players to participate in during this session.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Payment Structure [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]A different fee structure (different from our Wednesday CATS) will apply; [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Club Member: $8 per session [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Casual Visitor: $10 per session[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]BTW, our Club's Fees Structure is reviewed every 3 months. This is to ensure that the fees collected will meet our costs for shuttles and court hire.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]If you do not wish to join the Forum @BadmintonCentral, you can email us direct: chris@cccbadminton.com [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]We will send you 2 Attachments; namely our Address/Map of the Venue and our Membership Form.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]PS: Our venue has 4 courts. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]On Wednesday, 3 courts are used for CATS and 1 for friends/parents/drivers to play Social Games. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]On Friday, all 4 courts are used for Social Games. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]======================== [/FONT]

I will also take this opportunity to reveal the Conditions of Gymnasium Use Policy that I have agreed to undertake to observe and that we are willing to bind ourselves to be liable to pay the cost of any damage which may be done to the building and/or fixtures while under hire or use by CCC.

Gymnasium Use Policy (May 2005)

Car Parking

There are adequate parking spaces available and it is expected that vehicles only park within the defined areas. There is not to be any parking on the oval, gardens or paths. Knox Council do not approve the parking of vehicles on the nature strip of Cathies Lane.

Rubbish
    Please place all your rubbish into the BLUE BIN(Dumpmaster) in the car park.

Liquor Consumption
    In line with College and Church policies, these is to be NO consumption of alcohol either inside or outside the building.

Smoking
    All College facilities and grounds are TOTAL NON-SMOKING AREAS.

Chewing Gum
    Chewing Gum is not allowed in this facility.

Supervision of Children
    Permission to use the gymnasium relates to the gymnasium only. Access to other areas of the College is not permitted. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.

The Area Covered by Permission to Use the Gymnasium
    The main gymnasium
    Foyer
    First Aid Room
    Toilets
    General Purpose Store
    Cleaning Room
    All other areas, such as stores and offices, are strictly out of bounds.

Cleaners
    Please ensure that the areas are left clean and tidy. Any additional cleaning required following your use of the facility will be charged at $30 per hour.

Furniture
    The College does not provide any furniture. Unless otherwised with and approved by the College, no furniture is allowed on the main gymnasium floor surface. Please do NOT drag chairs, tables, equipment, etc across the floor.

Cooking
    Cooking is not permitted within this facility.

Security
    The user/hirer is responsible for seeing that the gymnasium is securely locked prior to any departure, gates are to be locked.

Damage
    Please advise the College immediately if any damage occurs.

Displayed Rules
    Please observe all rules as diplayed in the facility.
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]======================== [/FONT]

CCC Shuttles Policy
    CCC
    members have to remember:
    [/FONT]
    Our club's charges are dependent on our club's expenses.

If we spend more on the use(ie, the quantities) and on the purchase cost for shuttles, the cost will be passed on to the our members.

I always say that, at the end of your game, if the shuttle is still good, place that good shuttle under the net, in the middle of the court.

The next lot of players should warm up with older shuttles from the tray.
    When they are ready to start their game, they should then use the shuttle that is placed under the net, in the middle of the court
    [/FONT]
    Cheers... chris@ccc
    [/FONT]

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

To create a thread for CCC@MSAC soon

Hi everyone@ccc,

Still have one more thread to create, a thread for CATS@MSAC Sunday 10:00am-12:00noon.

Now and then, MSAC cancels our sessions there, so it is important to have a thread for MSAC.

Cheers... chris@ccc

3. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Yschin, I already downloaded and watched the match between LCW/CJ (thanks to all the BC members who uploaded the video). Very intense rubber set. Too bad, LCW lost again to LD in final. You should also watch the MD final match. The new Indo pairs have extreme powerful smash from both players. This year HK Open is definitely well worth the money for people who went there to watch.

4. Fuji_

Fuji_ Regular Member

Oh no...

Hi Guys,

Malaysia lost both singles and doubles in HK Open 06, very very close third games too. :crying:
    I cannot believe it... I may have to change my username to BadLuck soon.
    It stands for Badminton Luck and also Bad Luck. ;)

Hopefully this will change the fortune of the Malaysian shuttlers in the future.:p

Cheers,
    Kee

5. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Supper is at Ocean King. Hope you can make it next time!

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC Badminton Friendly Match: Monday 4-Sep-2006

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]CCC Badminton Friendly Match: Monday 4-Sep-2006

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Hi everyone@ccc,

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]When I came back from coaching today I found a reply from Wesley Club.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]====== start mail ====== [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]I have hired 2 extra courts (courts 8 & 9 I think) one from 7.30 to 10.00pm and the other from 8.00pm to 10.30pm. I would like our Wesley players to pay $8 for the night due to the extra costs incurred. CCC players will also be paying $8.00 each.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Supper will be organised after badminton at:
    Three Gorges Restaurant, 173 Exhibition Street, Melbourne City.

Let me know [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]early tomorrow night[/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif] if you are intending to come for supper and we will make contact with the restaurant with numbers.

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Regards... John Weisheit [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]======= end mail =======

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]So, to us@ccc, Good Luck and Enjoy tomorrow night, Monday 4-Sep-2006.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Our players participating are [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]1) DoublesPlease [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]2) Fuji [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]3) BadFever [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]4) LChow [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]5) Jason-F [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]6) jo3ker [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]7) andrewlyw [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]8) kwongj [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]So, could these players please confirm your participation with me.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]The Friendly Match starts at 7:30pm and expects to finish at 10:30pm.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Because yschin and Kim are doubtful to come on time, they have been left out. But you two should come if you can make it. Just in case one of our players is unavailable at the last moment, you can be the replacement.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]You two and I can still play as Social Players on the night. I have been left out because they reckon that my skill level is too strong for this Friendly Match.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Our 8 players participating are to inform me of your partnerships, ASAP. This is because we are to have 4 Doubles Partnerships, each of our 4 Doubles is to play each of Wesley's 4 Doubles.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Therefore, our Friendly Match will result in a total of 16 matches. [/FONT]
    Also, please confirm your attendance to supper with me. I am to inform John our numbers.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]To those coming to supper: Please jot down the address of the restaurant.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]To [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]others@ccc[/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]: Come and Cheer our CCC Team. And you can also play at the Wesley's Session as a Casual Visitor. Just say that Chris invited you there. And join us for supper too.

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cheers... [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]chris@ccc[/FONT][/FONT]

7. andrewlyw

andrewlyw Regular Member

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif][/FONT]
    Hi Chris,

I'll be there tomorrow for badminton but I won't be for supper. 8:30am class the next day. I am not sure about the doubles partnership though, can we decide tomorrow when we get there?

Cheers,
    Andrew

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Hi andrewlyw,

Thank you for your reply.

(1) Playing in the Friendly Match
    (2) Will find partner on the night
    (3) Not attending supper

See you tomorrow night, Monday 4-Sep-2006.

Cheers... chris@ccc

9. LChow

LChow Regular Member

I will be there tomorrow night for badminton, and lisa to watch :), but we won't be able to go for supper because we have early lab work tuesday morning (lisa's using more drugs...). I'm not sure about partnership either, i'll decide when I get there.

10. DoublesPlease

DoublesPlease Regular Member

Re: Monday night

Fuji and I'll be there. I'm staying for supper, not too sure about my partner.

DP

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

LChow not staying for supper on Monday 4-Sep-2006

Hi LChow,

(1) Playing the Friendly Match
    (2) Will fix up partnership on the night
    (3) Not staying for supper

For those who are fixing partnership on the night, please come earlier.

Lisa can come with badmminton gears to play as a Social Player @Wesley, if she is able and willing.

Cheers... chris@ccc

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

DoublesPlease is staying for supper on Monday 4-Sep-2006

Hi DoublesPlease,

(1) Playing the Friendly Match (I thought you are partnering with Fuji ???)
    (2) Staying for supper

See you tomorrow night, Monday 4-Sep-2006.

Cheers... chris@ccc

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

DoublesPlease will partner Fuji on Monday 4-Sep-2006 Friendly Match

Hi Fuji,

DoublesPlease has confirmed partnering you on Monday 4-Sep-2006.

Cheers... chris@ccc

#13 chris-ccc, Sep 3, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  14. LilyC

LilyC Regular Member

*~ Good luck!!! ~*

Hi everyone@CCC! :)

Good luck to all the participators! ;)
    Go CCC~~~

Cheers~

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Why is LilyC staying up so late to midnight?

Hi LilyC,

What are you doing staying up so late to midnight?

Anyway, how was your snow trip/skiing?

We missed you on Friday, and me on Sunday.

Come to support CCC on Monday 4-Sep-2006's Friendly Match.

Bring your gears to play Social Badminton at Wesley too, if you want.

And come to supper after badminton with us too.

Cheers... chris@ccc

16. LilyC

LilyC Regular Member

Good Luck Guys!

Hi Chris@CCC! :)
    Hehe... I'm up late checking what's been happening to CCC in the past few days!!! Miss you guys, too!!! I thought of you guys a few times while I was up there~

The ski trip was good! ;)
    Friday was not bad - but the visibility wasn't so good - still ok though...
    Saturday was absolutely beautiful, but after dinner, it started raining, lightening & thunder were all happening on Sat night... :(
    Sunday was just terrible!!! It felt like a "typhoon" - so windy and visibility was so poor that we didn't manage to have a last ski in the morning before we left. :crying:
    Overall, it was still quite enjoyable la~ :p

Give me a day off tomorrow please~ :)
    However, my spirits will be with you all at Wesley!!! :) :)
    I will see you guys on Friday nights!!! ;)

Cheers! ^_^

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Satellite Pic of CCC@Waverley

Greetings,
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]I just remember POST#188 from our previous link = http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32267&page=10 , that from DoublesPlease and Fuji, we have a Satellite Pic of CCC@Waverley.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]I should have attached it in the first post of this thread for players who have never been to our venue before.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Anyway, here it is.

[/FONT]
    satellite-pic-ccc-waverley.jpg

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cheers... chris@ccc [/FONT]

18. Fuji_

Fuji_ Regular Member

Thanks Chris and DoublesPlease,
    I will be there around 7:15pm. Sure DoublesPlease is my partner. May have to give supper a miss though.

Thanks,
    Kee

19. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Hi Chris, I am not sure if it's too late to notify you but I am 50/50 on attending tonight friendlies. I will most likely going to turn up but because I finish work late, I am not sure what time I can reach MSAC. As for supper, as long as I don't die from exhaustion, then I will go to supper with you guys. :) As for partner, I also don't have any cos I am not sure if Kim is going or not. See you tonight.

20. Kim

Kim Regular Member

Application Integration Consultant
    We could pair up and start at 8.00 PM.