Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc
    Hi Fuji,

DoublesPlease has confirmed partnering you on Monday 4-Sep-2006.

Cheers... chris@ccc
    Thanks Chris and DoublesPlease,
    I will be there around 7:15pm. Sure DoublesPlease is my partner. May have to give supper a miss though.

Thanks,
    Kee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chris, I am not sure if it's too late to notify you but I am 50/50 on attending tonight friendlies. I will most likely going to turn up but because I finish work late, I am not sure what time I can reach MSAC. As for supper, as long as I don't die from exhaustion, then I will go to supper with you guys. As for partner, I also don't have any cos I am not sure if Kim is going or not. See you tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We could pair up and start at 8.00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CCC@Waverley Vs Wesley@MSAC, Monday 4-Sep-2006

Greetings,

OK... This is The Schedule for our Friendly Match tonight, Monday 4-Sep-2006.

CCC and Wesley will form 4 Doubles Pairs for each Club.
    Let us call them C1, C2, C3 and C4 for CCC, and W1, W2, W3 and W4 for Wesley.

The Schedule:
    C1 Vs W1
    C2 Vs W2
    C3 Vs W3
    C4 Vs W4
    C1 Vs W2
    C2 Vs W1
    C3 Vs W4
    C4 Vs W3
    C1 Vs W3
    C2 Vs W4
    C3 Vs W1
    C4 Vs W2
    C1 Vs W4
    C2 Vs W3
    C3 Vs W2
    C4 Vs W1
    A total of 16 Matches.

Do not worry too much if you can't be there by 7:15pm.

Since our CCC's Doubles Pairs are not fixed yet(except for DoublesPlease & Fuji, forming as Team C1), we can form our C2, C3 and C4, as you arrive there.

I know Wesley club very well. And I have been a club member of Wesley for years(6 years, I think). And this is only a Friendly Match. So if you are late, we will manage/improvise the schedule as the night progresses.

To Fuji: We will talk about supper when we get there. You should come to supper because I am bringing 2 bottles of wine and Wesley players are bringing more wine for you too.

To BadFever: You can come later. No Worries !!!

To Kim: Glad that you will be there. I have not heard from jo3ker, so you could be the replacement for him and partner BadFever for the night.

To yschin: As I said in my earlier post, please come even if you are late. We can play Social Badminton for the night.

To other participants: You, namely; Jason-F, LChow, andrewlyw and kwongj will form the other 2 Doubles Pairs as you arrive.

To our CCC Cheering Squad: How come there is no news from you guys? So far Lisa-C is the only one coming to support/cheer our CCC Team.

See you all tonight.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Chris is breaking my...

To Fuji: We will talk about supper when we get there. You should come to supper because I am bringing 2 bottles of wine and Wesley players are bringing more wine for you too.

Thanks Chris, you know I am going to be in trouble and may be banished to the kennel tonight...
    But for you Chris, anything la...

See you in 2 hours.

Cheers,
    Kee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry chris,

have been away in shepparton over the weekend, so didn't check this forum until just now.

i'll be arriving around 7pm so will hopefully arrange doubles partners then. unfortunately, i won't be able to attend the supper afterwards.

see you there.

jason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone been to the oakleigh recreation centre for badminton?

http://www.monash.vic.gov.au/recreat...coakleigh.html

One of my friend went to a badminton tournament recently called JTUltra badminton tournament at Oakleigh and he found out that the back tram lines of badminton were of color green (as shown in one of the photo in the aboved link) and volleyball lines with the color white.

And he also wait 3 hours for his match.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To our CCC Cheering Squad: How come there is no news from you guys? So far Lisa-C is the only one coming to support/cheer our CCC Team.
    Unfortunately there is no court on monday at MSAC. Otherwise i would have book court + stay behind for your match VS wesley.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To yschin: As I said in my earlier post, please come even if you are late. We can play Social Badminton for the night.

Sorry Chris, only read about this today. Monday somehow is not a good day for me. Look forward to the next friendly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Any good news?

Hi everyone@CCC!

How did CCC go last night?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on what was a very fun occasion, CCC unfortunately went down to wesley 0-16!!

without trying to make excuses, i think there were several things that contributed to the scoreline:
    1) we didn't play well - lots of uncharacteristics unforced errors
    2) using the old points scoring system
    3) an unfamiliar venue - i know i missed a few easy shots when the shuttle was lost in the lights on the sides
    4) CHRIS DIDN'T PLAY - we needed our star player! :P

i do think that sometimes it's difficult for us to practice being consistent in rallies with our current social playing arrangement on friday nights, since we don't have a lot of rallies in some games. but then again, i guess that's what a social night is about.

having said that, wesley were very friendly and the games were played in good spirit.

any reports from supper?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwongj
    on what was a very fun occasion, CCC unfortunately went down to wesley 0-16!!

without trying to make excuses, i think there were several things that contributed to the scoreline:
    1) we didn't play well - lots of uncharacteristics unforced errors
    3) an unfamiliar venue - i know i missed a few easy shots when the shuttle was lost in the lights on the sides

i do think that sometimes it's difficult for us to practice being consistent in rallies with our current social playing arrangement on friday nights, since we don't have a lot of rallies in some games. but then again, i guess that's what a social night is about.

having said that, wesley were very friendly and the games were played in good spirit.

any reports from supper?
    Hey Jason, the score is 1-15. Jason-F and Joe did win 1 game at the end. but yeah.. we made a lot of mistakes and not as consistent as Wesley, but it's all good fun. I just really like the surface, much more grippy and easier to move around the court.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Kwongj:

Then again, there were loads of people who want to play for CCC but couldn't play. So for Chris to patcipate, someone would have be taken out.

I agree. The lighting is drastically different especially at night where I used to go to Box hill at CCC which is smiliar to Glen Waverly (bright light from the top) as opposed to side light from MSAC.

Some people just refuse to change, still some competition (CBA for once) still using the old scoring system.

For your match summary, I can also add another thing. For our "lower level" interclub competition against Highvale club, we had 3 pair who pair regularly together for the last few weeks. Maybe if you guys play together everyweek, you have a much better chance.

Hence, regular partnership is encouraged. Best of luck next time.

By the way, who was the captain of CCC for the nite?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkhung
    To Kwongj:

Then again, there were loads of people who want to play for CCC but couldn't play. So for Chris to patcipate, someone would have be taken out.
    relax mate.. Jason was saying it as a joke..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey andrew, it was kee and peter that won the only game, wasn't me... wish it was though...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CCC@Waverley Vs Wesley@MSAC, Monday 4-Sep-2006 Results

Quote Originally Posted by LilyC

Hi everyone@CCC!

How did CCC go last night?

Hi LilyC,

I had an assignment to do coaching today. And when I was driving home from coaching, I thought to myself; “I am sure LilyC will post, asking where is report for last night's Friendly Match?
    And I was right.

Anyway, here are the results of our Friendly Match last night, Monday 4-Sep-2006.
    CCC(1) :Wesley(15)

A shocker??? Too one-sided???... you would say.
    Did Chris mismatch the two teams?

Well, the answer will be based on 4 factors that I like to mention.

(1) As I have told you before the match... that I know of Wesley's strength, as I was a club member(not just a casual visitor) of Wesley for 6 years. But for this Friendly Match, Wesley did not think of using just club members, they were also using their better regular casual visitors(non-members) to play against CCC. This was not what I had expected. Therefore, “BOOM!!!and my equation did not balance. But they were kindly thinking of giving their better regular casual visitors a chance to participate as well. Unfortunately, I was not to know.

(2) Also, our top/strongest CCC members, BadFever, andrewghw and myself did not play. BadFever was not included because he told me he was only 50/50 chance to arrive on time, so I thought he should just participate in the Wesley's Social Session. Then, andrewghw was not included because he has not joined CCC membership when we were in the planning stages. And I was not included because I would be too strong to play against the Wesley's team.

(3) Our CCC members, as directed/suggested by me, are to participate and to enjoy the night. We did not go there to do “BATTLE”. Only one of our regular partnerships(Fuji+DoublesPlease) was used. Our other 3 partnerships were almost “scratch pairs”.

(4) However, I would like to say that Wesley's club members(not just their better casual visitors) did play better than they would have done normally. So,
    Congratulations to those Wesley members
    , and I know them all.

But you might want to know how the strength of the 2 clubs compares. Well, if only members(no casual visitors) were to be participating, I would think the result would be CCC(10) :Wesley(6). With BadFever, Kim, andrewghw and myself, CCC would be just a little bit stronger.

But after saying that, you can check on whether I am right or wrong when we play our Return Match in 2 months' time(in November). This time, BadFever, andrewghw and myself will play.

But for a Friendly Match, it is not the winning or losing that counts. It is the friendship and enjoyment of some good games that matters.

Here are the details;
    CCC Team
    C1 = Fuji + DoublesPlease
    C2 = Jason K + andrewlyw
    C3 = kwongj + jo3ker
    C4 = LChow + Kim
    Wesley Team
    W1 = Vincent + Andrew
    W2 = Michael + Cliff
    W3 = John + Steven
    W4 = Jack + Andy

The Winners:
    C1 Vs W1 ...... W1 ...... 21-13
    C2 Vs W2 ...... W2 ...... 21-5
    C3 Vs W3 ...... W3 ...... 21-9
    C4 Vs W4 ...... W4 ...... 21-17

C1 Vs W2 ...... W2 ...... 21-17
    C2 Vs W1 ...... W1 ...... 21-11
    C3 Vs W4 ...... W4 ...... 21-7
    C4 Vs W3 ...... W3 ...... 21-10

C1 Vs W3 ...... W3 ...... 21-19
    C2 Vs W4 ...... W4 ...... 21-10
    C3 Vs W1 ...... W1 ...... 21-9
    C4 Vs W2 ...... W2 ...... 21-16

C1 Vs W4 ...... C1 ....... 21-18
    C2 Vs W3 ...... W3 ...... 23-20
    C3 Vs W2 ...... W2 ...... 21-6
    C4 Vs W1 ...... W1 ...... 21-12
    A total of 16 Matches.

And Congratulations to Fuji + DoublesPlease for winning 1 match for CCC.

I have suggested to Jason-F some weeks ago, when I was partnering him at one of our Friday Socials, that he and many of our other club members should attend CATS when we do the chapter on “Players' Positions When Playing Level Doubles”. Many of us do not know this subject well. And when we play Level Doubles, we find that each player is looking/guessing where his/her partner will be staying/going. There is a standard way to position ourselves in Level Doubles, and I will teach you how.

BTW, once we have learned the correct way of covering the court as a pair, we should not only perform better, but we should enjoy better, the game of Level Doubles.

The chapter on “Players' Positions When Playing Level Doubles” will be in 8 weeks' time(ie Wednesday 25-Oct-2006). So, please note this in your diary.

Wow, what a long report.

I am glad that everyone enjoyed this Friendly Match

But before I sign off, we have to thank Wesley for hosting the event.
    I have organised our Return Match to be held in November. And it will be played at our CCC home ground. I am sure BadFever, andrewghw and yschin are all looking forward to play in that match.

Oh, the Supper Report: 11 players(4 from CCC, 7 from Wesley) attended the supper at Three Gorges Restaurant, 173 Exhibition Street, Melbourne City. There was a contribution of 5 bottles of wine, but only 3 were consumed. The dishes were quite good.

I would also like to thank LisaC for coming to cheer on our CCC team, and for doing our Scoreboard with her beautiful handwriting. And did you all notice she had a few hits at the end of the night, barefooted on the Commonwealth Games Badminton Carpet?

Well Done, LisaC!!!

Cheers...
    chris@ccc
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 09-05-2006 at 08:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a spectator's point of view, everyone played extremely well on Monday.. I was on the edge of my seat for most of the night...

No need to thank me for coming on Monday, I didn't really do a good job at cheering, LChow and KwongJ wouldn't stop over at my place and let me bring my pom pom and cheerleading outfit .. oh well, next time...

Hope u guys weren't feeling too sore on tuesday...See u all on friday!!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast