User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanks Chris...

Hi all,

Thanks again to Chris for organising the friendlies... and also to all of us for participating.

Our (Peter and I) matches were close and I have got to say we're evenly match. I myself made too many silly mistakes, let's call them 'unforced errors'.

C1 Vs W1 ...... 13-21
    C1 Vs W2 ...... 17-21
    C1 Vs W3 ...... 19-21
    C1 Vs W4 ...... 21-18

"I still cannot feel my arms and legs..."
    Our 2nd and 3rd games were exhaustingly long, however they were enjoyable. I just wish my body was as strong as my mind. Luckily, I did not collapse and still managed to finish all the games.

Supper was really good. Not sure if it was the food, the company or the wine...? I would say it would be a combination of the above. Nice bunch of people.

Looking forward to the return match.

So... I heard we would get our own cheer leaders with poms poms in the return match?

Take care and see you all at a badminton court real soon.

Cheers,
    Kee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, I think "C2 = Jason K + jo3ker" and "C3 = kwongj + andrewlyw".

Thanks for organising the friendlies for us. Win or lose is not important. I am pretty sure all of us enjoyed the games very much. It was my first time playing on the tournament mat, very good indeed.

As for supper, nothing much to talk about. Oh yes, we had duck tongue dish. I didn't eat any but Doublesplease ate a few. So, he can have the honor of elaborating on this dish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Good spirit, CCC!

Hi Chris & everyone@CCC!

Yeah... I was a bit shocked when I saw the results.
    BUT firstly, let me congratulate you all for completing all the matches and found it enjoyable~ well done! Still very proud of you all~
    Secondly, I agree with Chris - being a friendly match - "it's not the winning or losing that counts"~ so no need to feel upset oh~

3 cheers for CCC players & 3 more cheers for Wesley players.
    Another successful friendly match!

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Duck tongue

Sadly, somewhere out there in the land of lost souls is a duck whose last experience on earth was the taste of my tongue ... bound to be worth a few karma points.

As for the taste, it was ... duck. Handy size for chopsticks but I can't, and nor I would bet could Darwin, explain the bone.

... excerpt from DP's food guide chapter 1; next: Sea Slug, and I aint doing it alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

Surely missed all the fun of the recent friendlies, supper ,wine, duck tongue etc

I partnered Fuji all night (Wed Social) last night and without him playing his usual game we lost all our games even when leading 20-10. I believed he has yet to recover from Monday I recommend he switch from wine to the black Irish stout for quick recovery. I am not advocating alcohol is good but we are all talking about "everything in moderation".

While resting by the courtside last night , one idea came to mind. Watching how active and high some of you can jump. Maybe we can have a basketball friendly between higher and lower level among our club members. 1/2 to 45min on Friday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yschin
    I believed he has yet to recover from Monday...
    Thanks mate... I was waiting for you to carry me over the line. My limbs are coming back to me now, Friday's social should/will be fine. As for recovery, sleeping and resting are still the best mate.

basketball friendly between higher and lower level among our club members. 1/2 to 45min on Friday?
    Not a bad idea. I am in. I will bring a basketball.

Cheers,
    Kee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

While resting by the courtside last night , one idea came to mind. Watching how active and high some of you can jump. Maybe we can have a basketball friendly between higher and lower level among our club members. 1/2 to 45min on Friday?
    yeah.. count me in as well.. i hope Chris doesn't mind us invading 2 courts and playing basketball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TO Chris:

i cannot come this friday due to the following
    - recursive wrist injury: i really cannot DAB at the end of wednesday nite
    - toe problem: it still bother me when i bounce

With respect to the above, i want to rest for the Melbourne U tournament (D grade single) on sat day. Unfortunately i would be the only CCC representative this time, unless we hear from Robbo77 or you count Tim+Merisa in. Wish me luck!

To Chiranthi:

Sorry to let you know so late i won't be coming this friday. I still hope on this wedneday i could come on friday (read the above section for Chris). Have loads of fun anyway! I am sure supper would not be the same without my "Bad" jokes.

Originally Posted by yschin
    Hi all,

Good idea, i can see this "thing" getting developed! You gotta be careful though, with basketball played instead of badminton. We just might be wearing knee brace much sooner!

Half court would mean 3 on 3, right?

By the way, i made my first $$ as a primary teacher today while replacing someone as a casual relief teacher. Is this cause for celebration?! I can no longer stay behind for supper on wed day nite cos i need to be ready at 7:15am in case someone got sick, and i had to replace the teacher.

C u all wednesday nite!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New thread for our Wednesday CATS@Waverley

Greetings,

I just did a report for our CATS@Waverley for Wednesday, 6-Sep-2006.

And I realised only andrewghw has posted in our new thread.

If others are waiting for Wednesday CATS Reports in our old thread, please be informed that all reports will now be posted in our new thread for CATS = http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=35687

Please bookmark and read/post in this new thread.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Basketball at CCC@Waverley??? Please Hold Your Horses

To yschin, Fuji, andrewlyw & hkhung,

Please hold your horses.

We need to do 2 things before we want to start Basketball at CCC.

(1) Ask permission from the owner of the gym.
    At the present moment, our hire is for Badminton use only.

There was another group who uses the gym(on another night) who got into trouble with the owner of the gym because they played Table Tennis there.

I will quote the mail sent out by the gym owner.
    ====== start mail ======
    Hello again to you all. Trust that you are enjoying the facility.

The matters in this update:
    1. It's come to our attention that a certain gym user group has been going up to the mezzanine and taking the table tennis tables out of their locks and using them. This has resulted in gouging in and blue paint on the walls. The table tennis tables are not to be used by any group. They are for school use only. Thank you to those users who did ask in person if they could be used.

2. We are currently adding a cancellation clause into our gym hire policy. I will forward this to you when the clause has been implemented.

3. Thanks for the careful use of the gym. Security, care of equipment and lighting has been a seldom problem. Your constant attention to these matters is very much appreciated.

Let me know if you have any queries or wish to give feedback.
    ====== end mail ======

To which I replied with firmness;
    ====== start reply ======
    Thank you for your mail.

Well, I know it wasn't us. Our players do not even to go upstairs to the mezzanine floor at all.

We are there for BADMINTON ONLY.

I think that we have looked after the Gym in a good or proper manner. And I think we all love the Gym and we will take proper care for it.

Regards... chris@ccc
    ====== end reply ======

(2) Let us also check with all other CCC members first.
    As for some members, they might find that the noise from the bouncing basketball could throw them off during a rally.

Those who have been coached by me will tell you that I have coached them this;
    Only move after you have heard the sound of impact of the shuttle from your opponent's racket, otherwise you could be wrong-footed.

So, Badminton does not disturb Basketball, but Basketball does disturb Badminton.

Solution: If we can get the permission to play Basketball, we will close down all Badminton courts at about 9:45pm or 10:00pm and we can all play Basketball until 10:30pm.

Please add your comments.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chris,
    Oops... Was getting too excited about Basketball and did not think about 'other' factors. Sorry.
    Like you have said, we better check with the owner and also the players. Maybe the players coming to the Friday social games only want badminton games and not basketball?

Cheers and thanks again for sorting things out for us.
    Either way, I am cool. No worries mate.

See you tonight,
    Kee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all members @ ccc:

Do we rememeber the waitress at Ocean King promising to come this wednesday nite? Where was she + her kids on wedneday nite?

Hopefully they all come tonite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basketballers,

Sorry! never thought of any other factors. We all there mainly for the badminton. Deviate a little from the norm sometimes.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basketballers,

Sorry! never thought of any other factors. We all there mainly for the badminton. Deviate a little from the norm sometimes.

Cheers.
    To yschin:

Hopefully you don't graduate from hkhung "irrational thinking school"?
    Chris, you should have experience of this "problem" of mine while I interrupt your conversation time and again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Report for Friday, 8-Sep-2006 (Session#21)

Hi everyone@ccc,

Another GOOD SESSION for Friday, 8-Sep-2006 (Session#21)
    For those who were absent... here's a report for that night;
    >>> CCC Members Attendance = 15
    >>> Casual Visitors Attendance = 11
    >>> New Player(s) Welcomed = 4, Gautam-G, Jack-Y, Morgan-C, Shoane-I
    >>> To Date: Out of the 104 players who have attended Friday CCC, 19 became CCC Members.

====== start missed report ======
    Because of my computer problem, I have missed posting reports for Session#19 & #20.
    Below is the list of players welcomed on the following sessions;
    Session#19: Mei-W
    Session#20: Ian-M, Michael-B
    ====== end missed report ======

All 26 players took part in our CCC Handicapped Competition.
    Results To Date: The Handicaps for our 19 CCC Members are listed below. In brackets, (x), are their matches played.
    Handicaps for our Casual Visitors are recorded, but not listed here.
    -8 chris@ccc (8)
    -8 Andrew-N (9)
    -8 Kee-F (10)
    -8 Kevin-C (9)
    -8 Peter-L (11)
    -6 Yih Sheng-C (8)
    -4 Jason-F (absent)
    -4 Jason-K (10)
    0 Andrew-W (9)
    0 Monica-H (4)
    +2 Julian-H (absent)
    +4 Helmut-H (9)
    +4 Laurie-C (9)
    +4 Lily-C (10)
    +6 Ken-H (absent)
    +6 Llewellyn-H (6)
    +8 Lisa-C (10)
    +8 Mei-W (9)
    +8 Ned-D (absent)

Participants in our CCC Handicapped Competition were asked to;
    * Organise yourself with a Doubles Partner earlier, before our next Friday session.
    * Arrive to inform us of your Doubles Partnership, so that our competition boards can set up earlier.
    * The Selecting Team per MAGNETIC BOARD is to draw empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD.
    * The Winning Team of the Match is to fill/update the empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD.

Suppertime: We had 9 attending, Welcoming first time to supper: Gautam-G, andrewghw.

Discussions @Supper:
    *chris@ccc said he is still having computer problem. So, reports will be coming out later.
    *yschin said Wong Choong Hann was a late starter(about age 16) in Badminton in his old club, back in Malaysia.
    *Fuji is trying out with lower tension for his racket stringing.
    *BadFever feels himself, that with a higher tension, he(BadFever) is smashing better.
    *DoublesPlease is still drinking Diet Coke. So we talked about ASPARTAME again. Gautam thought it was scary to drink it. But kwongj thought it's just
    rumours floating around and that most of the evidence to this point is controversial and inconclusive.
    *andrewghw explained how he found CCC via Badminton Central.
    *dust2k told us how/what he saw about Chinese Sports Training when he was back home in China.
    *BadFever was telling us how exciting the Hong Kong Open was in the Men's Doubles.
    *Fuji, yschin, dust2k and chris@ccc were the only ones having red wine for supper.
    *We are hoping that LChow, LisaC, LilyC and hkhung will be back at supper with us this week.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*We are hoping that LChow, LisaC, LilyC and hkhung will be back at supper with us this week.
    Eventhough i did not go to the supper, i still get mentioned in the report?!

Anyway, i went to the Melbourne Uni tournament full of optimism. Afterwards, that was totally misplaced. The D-grade there is really strong.

There were many familiar faces, overall i knew a lot of people either form

- doncaster DTBA (Eric Chai and his mixed doubles partner Elena, Will)
    - CCC (Michael+Simon playing D grade double - what the?!, Tiara and Merisa who play ladies D grade double, James, Merissa, Carl, Anthony who play B grade, Kitty - who i presume was organizing the B grade event)

- some people from CBA, another Peter and his asian partner who play Fuji+doublesPlease in CBA - they play D grade double, the CBA d grade men's single champ who play B grade single at Melbourne U

- sunday Msac group (Jenny and Jerry who play D mixed double, Zheng who i think is playing on sunday - A or C grade)

I fill in for D grade double and lost the game. Apprarently if you lose in first round, you get consolation. I lost that one too.

I got thrashed really badly at my D single, lost to a kid called Claude Lam (Chris - does this name ring a bell for you?) 21-2. This kid was very accurate in smash + placement in the corner. Lost the consolation game as well with a smiliar score.

After game, my doubles partner shout me for a ice chocolate and a cake. So i guess things even out at the end.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The new IBF World Ranking Link

Hi hkhung,

The new IBF World Ranking Link that I promised to send you has been posted on Sunday, 10-Sep-2006.

Please refer to POST#9 of our 2nd link for CATS = http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35687

Cheers... chris@ccc

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast