User Tag List

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 301
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    kuala lumpur/melbourne
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi BAdfever,

    World Senior Badminton Championship will be hosted in TAipei 2007 , and Lily will be our host there , how abt that?

    For all bad fans, the World Champ starting 18/9 - LCW ranked 1 & LD is 2. Taufik unseeded?? LCW & Chen Jin in top half of draw and Taufik , Peter Gade & LD in bottom half. It will be interesting if Taufik to meet Peter Gade in 1/4 final. All 'traditional - old scoring ' bad fan will love to see them play - simple tactical basics stroke.

    Cheers

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For all bad fans, the World Champ starting 18/9 - LCW ranked 1 & LD is 2.
    What does it mean "bad fans"? I wonder would this be more clear if you said that in mandarin/chinese.

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yschin
    Hi BAdfever,

    World Senior Badminton Championship will be hosted in TAipei 2007 , and Lily will be our host there , how abt that?

    For all bad fans, the World Champ starting 18/9 - LCW ranked 1 & LD is 2. Taufik unseeded?? LCW & Chen Jin in top half of draw and Taufik , Peter Gade & LD in bottom half. It will be interesting if Taufik to meet Peter Gade in 1/4 final. All 'traditional - old scoring ' bad fan will love to see them play - simple tactical basics stroke.

    Cheers
    Errr, only only problem. I don't think I qualify for Senior though. Probably have to wait 5 years later.

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I get it, bad fans mean badminton fans.

    C u all tonite!

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yschin
    Hi BAdfever,
    World Senior Badminton Championship will be hosted in TAipei 2007 , and Lily will be our host there , how abt that?
    For all bad fans, the World Champ starting 18/9 - LCW ranked 1 & LD is 2. Taufik unseeded?? LCW & Chen Jin in top half of draw and Taufik , Peter Gade & LD in bottom half. It will be interesting if Taufik to meet Peter Gade in 1/4 final. All 'traditional - old scoring ' bad fan will love to see them play - simple tactical basics stroke.
    Cheers
    Hi everyone@CCC!

    Oh really? The World Senior Badminton Championship will be hosted in Taipei next year? Oh yea!!!
    Any idea when & who's in it???

    Cheers~

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    kuala lumpur/melbourne
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LilyC
    Hi everyone@CCC!

    Oh really? The World Senior Badminton Championship will be hosted in Taipei next year? Oh yea!!!
    Any idea when & who's in it???

    Cheers~
    Hi Lily,

    That was announced by IBF yesterday . But me playing in Master is only a joke , just like the basketball joke. I have seen a 62 yrs old master player beats a Malaysia U19 national trainee. We flush our head in toilet bowl just for the fun of it, you guys here are a serious lot.

    No idea when or who is in it, so happen to go into World Championship draw and notice this announcement. Chen Sui Bein is surely in , he is pretty good at dodging bullet speed shuttle.

    Cheers

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Back from the Australian Open!!!

    Greeting all, thought I would post a hi!!.

    Just back from the Australian Open in Brisbane. A fantastic event one of the best I've attended with good atmosphere and layout. Lots of spectators throughout and interesting to see many interstate visitors & workers there too.

    Here's a misc shot of the MD final..... It was a great show match for the finals between New Zealand and Aus/Indonesia combined. A 3 setter, which included a big dispute mid-game over line calls that brought in the tournament referree - quite exciting to watch.
    Another good match was finals of LS with Melb local Chia-Chi winning with good tactics and nice drop shots.

    Looked for badfever there but didn't see him - he would have liked the speed of the mens matches!!!



    Congrats to my home assn Queensland Badminton for putting on a well run show!!

    cyas all Friday
    Jason

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No idea when or who is in it, so happen to go into World Championship draw and notice this announcement. Chen Sui Bein is surely in , he is pretty good at dodging bullet speed shuttle.
    Chen Sui Bein is the president of Taiwan. Hopefully we can clear this up for people who are very busy at work everyday and don't keep up with the world politics.

    Chen Sui Bein might be good at dodging them, but can he hit the shuttle? I once told someone that Arnold Schwazeneger is certainly very powerful - both personally and politically since he is a governor now, but can he play badminton?

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smashed_1
    Looked for badfever there but didn't see him - he would have liked the speed of the mens matches!!!



    cyas all Friday
    Jason
    Hi Jason, I saw you and did wave my hand at you but I guess I am just not as lovely as the 3 gals that sat with you during the match. That's why you didn't notice me.

    See you on Friday.

  10. #61
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,817
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Australian International, Brisbane 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by smashed_1

    Just back from the Australian Open in Brisbane. A fantastic event one of the best I've attended with good atmosphere and layout. Lots of spectators throughout and interesting to see many interstate visitors & workers there too.

    Here's a misc shot of the MD final.....

    Congrats to my home assn Queensland Badminton for putting on a well run show!!

    cyas all Friday
    Hi smashed_1,

    Thank you for posting a shot for us. The Sleeman Centre is still looking good for Badminton.

    Here are the Results of the Finals;
    MS: Ismail Saman (MAS) def Berata Chandra (INA) 21-15, 21-10
    WS: Chia-Chi Huang (AUS) def Chie Umezu (JPN) 21-10, 21-14
    MD: John Gordon / Dan Shirley (NZL) def Ashley Brehaut (AUS) / Aji Basuki Sindoro (INA) 21-19, 13-21, 21-18
    WD: Rintan Apriliana (INA) / Yukina Imura (JPN) def Fiona McKee / Charmain Reid (CAN) 18-21, 21-14, 21-12
    XD: Dan Shirley (NZL) / Joanne Quay (MAS) def Renee Flavell & Craig Cooper (NZL) 21-10, 21-19

    See you tonight.

    Cheers... chris@ccc

  11. #62
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,817
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Friday night, 15-Sep-2006, is our CCC Session#22, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    Hi everyone@ccc,

    Friday night, 15-Sep-2006, is our CCC Session#22, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    We will still welcome friends of yours or anyone new to join us in this session.


    To Date
    : 104 players have attended CCC.
    We are still welcoming players to join our CCC Membership. Our membership will be closed when membership reaches 32.

    Last Friday, 8-Sep-2006, we had 26 players attending (15 Members, 11 Casual Visitors).

    Send me an email to ask me for a CCC Membership Form.
    My email address is chris@cccbadminton.com

    Players are to print out your Membership Form and to fill in your details before you attend.
    Players without printer can fill in our printed forms when you arrive. Just ask Llewellyn at the reception desk.

    As usual, I will be out coaching on Friday so I won't be replying mails.
    But you can get me on my mobile phone = 0419-542-037.

    CCC Handicapped Competition: Participants are asked to;
    1. Organise yourself with a Doubles Partner earlier before the night.
    2. Arrive to inform us of your Doubles Partnership, so that our competition boards can set up earlier.
    3. Note: When the attendance is low, Singles Competition will be played instead.
    4. The Selecting Team per MAGNETIC BOARD is to draw empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD.
    5. The Winning Team of the Match is to fill/update the empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD.

    Don't forget: We are going for Supper(wine-and-dine) at Kingsways, Glen Waverley, after our session.
    May more ideas be suggested @SUPPERTIME.

    Our Wednesday CATS & Social Session was also excellent on 13-Sep-2006.

    Unfortunately, Fuji is visiting Adelaide this weekend and he could not play or have wine-and-dine with us for this session.

    Cheers... chris@ccc

    Last edited by chris-ccc; 09-14-2006 at 09:41 PM.

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    kuala lumpur/melbourne
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Lily,

    24-29 April 2007 is the date for world senior. Players will be nominated by affliated associations to IBf i.e i believe by the rigorous process of gathering ranking points from tournaments. If you are back for holidays , drop in , you will be amazed.

    HKHung - Easy mate - Chen is there for media exposure only .

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Woop woop
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc
    Hi everyone@ccc,




    Friday night, 15-Sep-2006, is our CCC Session#22, CONGRATULATIONS!!!




    We will still welcome friends of yours or anyone new to join us in this session.




    To Date: 104 players have attended CCC.


    We are still welcoming players to join our CCC Membership. Our membership will be closed when membership reaches 32.



    Last Friday, 8-Sep-2006, we had 26 players attending (15 Members, 11 Casual Visitors).




    Send me an email to ask me for a CCC Membership Form.


    My email address is chris@cccbadminton.com


    Players are to print out your Membership Form and to fill in your details before you attend.

    Players without printer can fill in our printed forms when you arrive. Just ask Llewellyn at the reception desk.




    As usual, I will be out coaching on Friday so I won't be replying mails.


    But you can get me on my mobile phone = 0419-542-037.




    CCC Handicapped Competition: Participants are asked to;


    1. Organise yourself with a Doubles Partner earlier before the night.


    2. Arrive to inform us of your Doubles Partnership, so that our competition boards can set up earlier.


    3. Note: When the attendance is low, Singles Competition will be played instead.


    4. The Selecting Team per MAGNETIC BOARD is to draw empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD.


    5. The Winning Team of the Match is to fill/update the empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD.




    Don't forget: We are going for Supper(wine-and-dine) at Kingsways, Glen Waverley, after our session.


    May more ideas be suggested @SUPPERTIME.


    Our Wednesday CATS & Social Session was also excellent on 13-Sep-2006.

    Unfortunately, Fuji is visiting Adelaide this weekend and he could not play or have wine-and-dine with us for this session.

    Cheers... chris@ccc





    Hi Chris,
    Just wanted to let you know that I won't be attending Friday nights for the next two weeks as I'll be flying off to Boston on Sunday.

    Oh, and you can count us in (Laurie and I) for supper tonite...

    See everyone tonite!

    PS: I haven't slept for the past 48 hours so please forgive me if I seem a bit cranky tonite

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    HKHung - Easy mate - Chen is there for media exposure only .
    Well hopefully, more people come to our friday nite because of your comment!

  15. #66
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,817
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Mens Singles: World Championships Madrid 2006

    Greetings,

    Here is a link = http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2006/9/16/sports/15449950&sec=sports that some of you@ccc might find it interesting.

    Personally, I agree with one of my idols, Tan Yee Khan. We think that Chen Jin could be the One.

    Cheers... chris@ccc


  16. #67
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,817
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Report for Friday, 15-Sep-2006 (Session#22)

    Hi everyone@ccc,

    Another GOOD SESSION for Friday, 15-Sep-2006 (Session#22)
    For those who were absent... here's a report for that night;
    >>> CCC Members Attendance = 13
    >>> Casual Visitors Attendance = 5
    >>> New Player(s) Welcomed = 0
    >>> To Date: Out of the 104 players who have attended Friday CCC, 19 became CCC Members.

    Only 16 players took part in our CCC Handicapped Competition. Jack-Y had a calf muscle injury during our warm-up session and he had to leave. And Llewellyn did not take part.

    Results To Date: The Handicaps for our 19 CCC Members are listed below.
    Handicaps for our Casual Visitors are recorded, but not listed here.
    -8 chris@ccc
    -8 Andrew-N
    -8 Kee-F (absent)
    -8 Kevin-C
    -8 Peter-L
    -4 Jason-K (absent)
    -2 Laurie-C
    -2 Yih Sheng-C
    0 Andrew-W
    0 Jason-F
    0 Monica-H (absent)
    +2 Helmut-H
    +2 Julian-H (absent)
    +2 Lily-C
    +2 Lisa-C
    +6 Ken-H
    +6 Llewellyn-H
    +8 Mei-W (absent)
    +8 Ned-D (absent)
    Participants in our CCC Handicapped Competition were asked to;
    * Organise yourself with a Doubles Partner earlier, before our next Friday session.
    * Arrive to inform us of your Doubles Partnership, so that our competition boards can set up earlier.
    * The Selecting Team per MAGNETIC BOARD is to draw empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD.
    * The Winning Team of the Match is to fill/update the empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD.

    Suppertime: We had 14 attending. A Record!!!. Our Round Table was so cramped that Helmut decided to give it a miss. Welcoming first time to our CCC Supper: Andrew-W.

    Discussions @Supper:
    *andrewghw said that almost all players on the night were there at supper.
    *BadFever & smashed_1 told us the excitement they experienced at the Australian Open in Brisbane.
    *chris@ccc answered hkhung's question on our Footwork/Dancing @CATS , that we named Bexercise.
    *yschin & jo3ker were quite surprised that we have coined the name “BEXERCISE” for our CATS Badminton Footwork Exercise.
    *DoublesPlease is still drinking Diet Coke. Chiranthi said that she is scared to drink it.
    *LilyC did not explain how she cut her finger with paper.
    *LisaC said she would not be playing Badminton while she is in Boston.
    *LChow , andrewlyw, hkhung & chris@ccc found out that they were all members of DTBA. And they have arranged to play there on Tuesday 26-Sep-2006.
    *yschin, andrewghw & chris@ccc were the only ones having red wine for supper.
    *We are hoping that Fuji will be back at supper with us next week.

    Cheers... chris@ccc


  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *yschin & jo3ker were quite surprised that we have coined the name “BEXERCISE” for our CATS Badminton Footwork Exercise.
    Jo3ker, now i know who you are!

    And Llewellyn did not take part.
    He did play a game, reason why i remember that cos i was "replaced" by someone in that game. Anyway, while paying our money on entrance, did anyone see how red Llewellyn's eyes were? He said that he only had 4 hours of sleep.

    Despite that, his smash was still pretty good though.

    Once again, the waitress from ocean king had avoided us on friday. Maybe she got more work somewhere. You never know, we might bump into her in another restaurant. So, we must call on all CCC member to look for this woman.

    As a true star wars fan, i would have to say - "she has miss us for the last time!"

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Glen Waverley Friday Night Social 7.30pm - 10.30pm
    By cswon9 in forum Australia / New Zealand
    Replies: 361
    : 07-31-2014, 09:25 PM
  2. CCC Badminton: Social@MSAC Wed 7:30pm-11:00pm
    By chris-ccc in forum CCC Badminton Club
    Replies: 8507
    : 04-15-2014, 07:58 PM
  3. CCC Badminton: Social@MSAC Fri 7:30pm-10:00pm
    By chris-ccc in forum CCC Badminton Club
    Replies: 34
    : 02-22-2008, 04:12 AM
  4. CCC Badminton: CATS@Waverley Wed 7:30pm-10:00pm
    By chris-ccc in forum CCC Badminton Club
    Replies: 377
    : 02-04-2008, 10:53 PM
  5. Glen Waverley Fridays 8:00pm-10:30pm
    By chris-ccc in forum CCC Badminton Club
    Replies: 544
    : 03-03-2007, 12:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •