User Tag List

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Malaysia's Asian Games Squad for Doha 2006

Hi MalaysianPlayers@ccc,

At the Commonwealth Games Melbourne 2006, when I met Datuk Nadzmi Salleh, the President of BA of Malaysia, he was a happy man. He told me he was optimistic and confident that the skill/strength of our Malaysian players has improved lately.

But now, after the World Championships Madrid 2006, he is a worried man. The funds that BAM gets might be a problem from now on. It will now depend on the results from the Asian Games Doha 2006.

Anyway, the Malaysian Asian Games Squad is now selected and the news is released today. Here is the link =
    http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Thursday/Sport/20060928094109/Article/index_html

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, since LilyC + Chiranthi is gone this week. I would try to partner Helmut then.

I can't make it to badminton tomorrow and next Friday..
    TO ANdrewlyw:

One more person is missing? Well, that's life.

Remember I partnered Chiranthi before her exams at one time , she came back with 93++.
    To yschin:

You might want to partner LilyC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Aloha everyone!!!

Hi Chris & everyone@CCC!!!

Wow... this thread is definitely also very busy in the past few days!!!
    It's good that the "CCC family" threads are the most popular ones here.
    Good work everyone.

Thanks guys for the support!!! I really need it~
    No problem~ I sure know where to go when I need time off the books!
    Smash, smash, smash on my exam papers - let's ace it!

Cheers... LilyC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default by the way..

Have Fun Tomorrow Night!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To yschin:

Sorry, what i mean was since you partner Chiranthi and she got 93. You might want to partner LilyC just before her exam.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton and Jet Li (Report from Cindy Pearlman) on 24-Sep-2006

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc

I remember @CCC-Supper, some 3 months ago, I told you guys that Jet Li plays badminton for his Kung Fu training. But some of you guys thought that I was only joking.

Here is a link (that Cindy Pearlman, of Chicago Sun-Times, reported yesterday, 24-Sep-2006) = http://www.suntimes.com/output/pearl...y-fiveq24.html.

In (3), Jet Li explains that he, as practised by DoublesPlease, plays badminton and rides bicycles for his Kung Fu workout routine.

Hi members@CCC-Supper,

I have been told that the link as required is not there anymore.

So, I thought I will copy that report for you.

Cheers... chris@ccc

====== start report ======

If we told you Jet Li's workout regimen included badminton, would you believe it?

September 24, 2006

There is an ancient saying about action actor Jet Li: You can break his bones and bruise his skin -- just don't touch his hair if you don't want a swift kick to some nether region.

"That's actually only a little bit true," Li says. "Years ago, I made a joke when I was doing the movie 'The One.' There was an old lady in the movie who was always trying to touch my hair. I joked with her, 'Everyone can beat me up. Just don't touch my hair.'"

Warning taken. "Oh, in my real life, I don't really care," Li says. "I'm a very easygoing person."

He's also a determined one in the new film "Fearless." He plays real-life martial arts legend Huo Yuanjia, son of a great fighter who didn't want his boy to follow in his footsteps. But to defend himself, the young man grows up to be a master fighter. Eventually through the death of his fight master and after some soul searching, he learns that it's about sportsmanship and not just kicking and kung fu-ing your nemesis to death. So much for street justice.

1. Tell us about "Fearless."

It's quite different from my other movies and it's my most personal work. That's why I say I want to do this movie. This character looks at life the same way that I do. We both know that life is a journey and it's really about using martial arts in the right way. It's not physically beating someone up. You have to mentally control yourself and then you win.

2. Do you ever wake up like the rest of us and say these words: "Oh my aching bones?"

I love when people at 50 say I'm better than a teenager. That's a big liar for you! Liar! Liar! Liar! Everyone gets old and, of course, you need more energy to do something. I have had a lot of injuries in the past, and they can act up. When I do too much, my muscles do bother me. I do wake up and go, "Oh, Jet, you're hurting." I hope that no one gets a shot of me and puts it on the Internet on those days. I know the headline will be: Action Actor Can Hardly Walk. But when the camera is turned on I do my best. Or at least I try. That's the fighting spirit in me. Age will never diminish that spirit.

3. What is your workout routine?

I'm not a treadmill type of person. I do work to have energy. I do physical martial arts moves in my gym. On many days, I just play badminton and ride bicycles. Oh, I'm an OK badminton player. It's good exercise. You find a partner and it helps you keep your balance and energy without hurting yourself.

4. Any truth to the rumor that you and Jackie Chan can't stand each other?

The Internet is always trying to make it seem like Jackie and I are angry at each other. I read that we yell at each other. It's not true at all. We're not only friends, but we're going to work together next year. We're going to make a Hollywood movie which we'll shoot in China next year. We've been talking about doing this for years. So much for this big feud between us. I guess it's better to read that something is wrong. It keeps the talk going and the fans go crazy. I hope I don't disappoint anyone reading the truth now.

5. You've credited meditation as the secret of your success. Explain.

I believe in many things. First, I'm a Buddhist. I believe in karma. I'm Chinese and I came to America 32 years ago. There are a billion people in China. Why is this one little boy named Jet coming to America? Answer: it's my karma to be with the American people. Later, I feel shame because I can't speak English. It took two years to learn it by heart. Even if my English is poor, I use my heart to try. Because I'm just following my karma. As for meditation, we all need a way to retreat. There is too much information in your head. Your head is like a recorder. Meditate as a way to wash it out and clear your mind. Try it.

Cindy Pearlman

====== end report =====

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkhung
    To yschin:

Sorry, what i mean was since you partner Chiranthi and she got 93. You might want to partner LilyC just before her exam.

Take it easy Capt., everybody tries to take some credit for something not his doing. Maybe in this part of the world it is too childish for u to comprehend. I can't pretend I have 2 Phds cert hanging round my neck, look dead serious ,can I ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry folks,

About the Phds . Just the mindset people have about the profession they are in. I have been proven time again that I am wrong .

Agassi looks like a rock star , Sharapova , Peter Gade, all doen't look like the profession they are in.

Apologies !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yschin
    Sorry folks,

About the Phds . Just the mindset people have about the profession they are in. I have been proven time again that I am wrong .

Agassi looks like a rock star , Sharapova , Peter Gade, all doen't look like the profession they are in.

Apologies !!
    I'm not all that surprised. There are quite a few doctorates that heads labs and looks like a plumber Its whats inside you that counts, not your appearence

I won't see you guys in the next 3 fridays. Lisa is getting off the place tonight so I need to pick her up, next week is mid-autmun festival as andrewlyw have already said, and I've got some lab matters to attend to the following friday. So I guess I won't see you guys for a while, but I'll keep in touch via here, so make sure you guys keep me up to date with those smashes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link from here (CCC MSAC thread)

Hi Hagane,

Thank you.

BTW, when you are around Glen Waverley on a Friday night, come and join in our CCC Friday night Social Badminton.
    Thank you for the invite, Chris

However, I am uncertain with my physical condition right now, as my body seems to be barely keeping up with my current badminton schedule (3x 3 hours a week). I think I need to get fit .

I will see whether I will be able to in the next four weeks. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to attend any more sessions after that, as I would be moving to Brisbane in November

Many thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Straight from Boston, USA to CCC@Waverley, Melbourne (Friday 29-Sep-2006)

Quote Originally Posted by LChow

Lisa is getting off the plane tonight so I need to pick her up......
    Hi LisaC,

It's quite incredible that you played with us last night at CCC Friday Social... immediately after your flight from the USA.

Anyway, WELCOME BACK LISA !!!

You reminded me about DoublesPlease some 3 years ago, when immediately after he played badminton with us, he went straight to Melbourne Airport to take a flight to India.

KEEP UP YOUR PASSION FOR BADMINTON !!!

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Report for Friday, 29-Sep-2006 (Session#24)

Hi everyone@ccc,

Another GOOD SESSION for Friday, 29-Sep-2006 (Session#24)
    For those who were absent... here's a report for the night;
    >>> CCC Members Attendance = 13
    >>> Casual Visitors Attendance = 13
    >>> New Player(s) Welcomed = 5 ; Shaniur-N, David-Z, Joseph-S, Anne-C, Jessica-C
    >>> To Date: Out of the 117 players who have attended Friday CCC, 19 have become members.

All 26 players took part in our CCC Handicapped Competition.
    Results To Date: The Handicaps for our 19 CCC Members are listed below.
    Handicaps for our Casual Visitors are recorded, but not listed here.
    -8 chris@ccc
    -8 Andrew-N
    -8 Kee-F
    -8 Kevin-C
    -8 Peter-L
    -6 Jason-F (absent)
    -4 Jason-K
    -2 Yih Sheng-C
    0 Monica-H (absent)
    +2 Andrew-W (absent)
    +2 Julian-H (absent)
    +2 Ken-H
    +2 Laurie-C
    +2 Lily-C (absent)
    +6 Helmut-H
    +6 Lisa-C
    +8 Llewellyn-H
    +8 Mei-W (absent)
    +8 Ned-D

Participants in our CCC Handicapped Competition were asked to;
    * Organise yourself with a Doubles Partner earlier, before our next Friday session.
    * Arrive to inform us of your Doubles Partnership, so that our competition boards can set up earlier.
    * The Selecting Team per MAGNETIC BOARD is to draw empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD.
    * The Winning Team of the Match is to fill/update the empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD.

Suppertime: Attendance = 9
    Welcoming first time to our CCC Supper: Shaniur-N, David-Z

Discussions @Supper:
    *Haifeng-W talked about the cheaper workers' wages in China.
    *David-Z said he is still not used to the new scoring system.
    *Shaniur-N talked about the download of movies.
    *Leslie-L showed his skill at picking peanuts with his chopsticks.
    *Gautam-G is really starting to enjoy red wine.
    *hkhung talked about the Australian Swimming Team Selection.
    *Fuji mentioned about how countries can fix matches.
    *BadFever told us he plays Squash every Saturday.
    *chris@ccc mentioned that only CCC members would be selected to play in our Inter-Club Matches.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Malaysia to look for Indonesian Coaches for 2010-12 Project

Hi MalaysianMembers@CCC,

I have just received this report.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Badminton 2010-12 Project Squad: Rashid overload — BAM look at Indonesia

01 Oct 2006
    K.M. BOOPATHY
    New Straits Times

RASHID Sidek’s continuous laments on the lack of coaches for his 2010-2012 Project Squad could be solved by January as the BA of Malaysia (BAM) is on the lookout for a couple of foreign coaches.

The news is that BAM could be heading to Indonesia again to head hunt suitable candidates.

While Indonesia themselves are looking for answers after their players failed to win a single medal in the World Championships recently, BAM want to further strengthen the Project squad which is being geared towards the 2010 Asian Games and the 2012 London Olympics.

Among the names being mentioned are Bambang Suprianto, who began his career as a singles player but later established himself in the men’s and mixed doubles.

His partners included Trikus Heryanto, Eng Hian, Halim Haryanto and even current Indonesian national coach Joko Suprianto.

BAM secretary P. Ganga Rao, although declining to reveal the names of the coaches, said that they are looking at foreign coaches for the Project Squad.

"Rashid has requested for the coaches and BAM is on the lookout for suitable candidates but everything is still at an initial stage," said Ganga.

"The local coaches are first priority but we could not identify a suitable candidate.

"We are looking elsewhere and it is becoming very difficult to get quality coaches these days.

"So far, Tan Kim Her has agreed verbally to coach with us next year and it will be at least a month before we can identify others."

Kim Her, currently in South Korea as their men’s doubles, had stated his interest to return after the Doha Asian Games and will be in charge of the Project Squad’s doubles squad.

Rashid has been requesting a singles coach as he is handling 17 men and women’s singles players with the assistance of Tey Siu Bock since March last year.

However, five men’s singles players were dropped in August but the number will increase again next year when the juniors from Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) are drafted into the squad.

The recently retired Candra Wijaya is another option for BAM but the shuttler is keen to move to the United States and probably resume his partnership with Tony Gunawan.

That points to Bambang.

====== end report ======

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To yschin:

Someone told that yesterday if you look at primary school teacher in AUS, they are the worst dressed profession of all.

Give you an example, i went to 2 relief teaching agency this past thursday. WHile finishing my registration, there was this guy with sandals, khaki pants and open button shirt.

After he ask loads of question, the admin person ask him "are you going to register?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Danish test(31-Oct-2006) for Wong Choong Hann

Hi yschin,

Good News today... WCH is back.

The Star
    Monday October 2, 2006

Danish test for Wong Choong Hann
    By RAJES PAUL

PETALING JAYA
    : Veteran men's singles shuttler Wong Choong Hann (pic) will be making a return to competition at the Denmark Open from Oct 31-Nov 5.

After a three-month rehabilitation cum light training programme to recover from an Achilles’ tendon rupture, Choong Hann said he was ready to challenge his opponents on court again.

My name has been entered for the Opens in Denmark and Holland (Nov 7-12). By competing in these two tournaments, I will know where I stand at the competitive level,” said the 29-year-old.

The lanky shuttler picked up the injury in the match against Jang Young-soo during Malaysia’s quarter-final tie against South Korea in the Thomas Cup Finals in Japan in May.

Malaysia went on to win 3-2 but Choong Hann had to fly back home for surgery.

Due his quicker than expected recovery, he was even considered as one of the candidates for this year’s Asian Games, which will be held in Doha from Dec 1-15, but Choong Hann did not want to take the risk.

I am itching to play at competitive level again but at the same time, I do not want to take a big gamble by aggravating my injury. I am still going for rehabilitation although I am able to play better now.

It is now time to put my fitness to the test in the two tournaments,” added Choong Hann, who has dropped to 40th in the world rankings list.

====== end report ======

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tuesdays @DTBA with LChow ???

Quote Originally Posted by LChow

I won't see you guys in the next 3 fridays...
    Hi LChow,

Perhaps we can play in the next 3 Tuesday@DTBA.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi LChow,

Perhaps we can play in the next 3 Tuesday@DTBA.

Cheers... chris@ccc

I won't be able to make it next tuesday, but should be no problem attending the next two tuesdays. I'll see you there

Cheers

LChow

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast