User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz
    dunno, i haven't really been convinced with INA's MD recently. well, we'll see at the WC. hopefully no one (from any country) will make any excuses there if they don't perform ...
    For NOW, INA's MD only has Kido/Setiawan to depend on. They have Gunawan/Riyadi and another pair called...Yoga/somebody. I'm not sure who, but they have not been sent to a lot of tournaments. I heard they were doing well in satellite tournaments, but I'm not very sure about this. I think it does not matter how well they perform in Satellites. In the end, people they are going to fight against with in Thomas Cup, Uber Cup and Sudirman Cup are not playing in the Satellite Tourneys.

The prospect for this year's WC is bleak for Indonesia. I read somewhere that their long-term goal is Thomas Cup, Uber Cup and Sudirman Cup. Apparently they are training the players really hard for stamina. Rumour is it is just like military boot camp. I hope they can somehow pull it through, but apart from Kido/Setiawan and Widianto/Natsir, I can't see other players advancing to quarterfinal. We will see about that in WC. Indonesia tends to perform well when they are under pressure. We have tons of promising young players, but they simply disappear along the way. In other word, the regeneration is very slow.

Another thing I heard is attitude problem. A lot of senior players in National Training Camp are having bad attitude problem like skipping practice, etc. I won't name any name here, but you should be able to guess one of them. That's why they sent new recruits to a military boot camp for 40 days as part of their initiation. They said it is to give them the right attitude and discipline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One quick question, was Tony and Wijaya considered playing for indo?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO! Tony Gunawan and Candra Wijaya have long left the Pelatnas (national team), therefore, I do not consider them as part of the team. The same goes to Rian Sukmawan and Eng Hian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    NO! Tony Gunawan and Candra Wijaya have long left the Pelatnas (national team), therefore, I do not consider them as part of the team. The same goes to Rian Sukmawan and Eng Hian.
    So they are consider independant?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2