Andre Agassi

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Eurasian =--(O), Sep 3, 2006.

1. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

I know that many forum members here are not tennis fans. I am not a huge tennis fan but I watch the occasional match. Andre Agassi played his last game today as a professional athlete. He won 8 grand slam events. Thats like winning 8 six or seven star events in badminton. During his career he won 17 titles over a 14 year period (his career even longer!)! His longevity and dedication to the sport is admirable any way you look at it. His final speech to the crowd was touching telling the crowd that they let him stand on their shoulders to reach his dreams. Andre Agassi grew into one of the class acts in modern sports.

#1 Eurasian =--(O), Sep 3, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  2. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    im a huge agassi fan, i've been watching the us open all week, and i was touched by his speach, it gave a lot of motivation, everytime i go one the courts(badminton or tennis) i will think of that.

3. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    I'm not a huge tennis fan either, but there was nothing else on today so I watched tennis (for my second time) and I saw Andre Agassi facing Becker. It was such an exciting match! It's nothing compared to badminton, of course :rolleyes: but it was nonetheless exciting. He is old, and is in pain when he was playing his match, but he definitely gave Becker a challenge, and that's very commendable! [​IMG] :)

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    andre A. is an amazing player. He is shorter than almost all of his opponents, less muscular too and yet he whip out power shots and can retrieve shots like a tall player. A consistent player too.

5. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    thats why i love andre, he got to old and couldnt reach the ball as fast as he used to, so he gave the opponent more trouble by hitting harder, taking more chances, punching the serve right back, going for a big serve, his serve and service retern were one of the best in the tour b4 he retired

6. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    Agassi has my respect, he worked so hard for those grand slams. Playing at the age of 17, that's really crazy >.<

I wish I had a career at that age. :( Too bad I am too old to start anything. :(

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

17 titles?
    are you sure?
    i thought it was 60 titles in total ...
    i can't believe that someone who won 8 grand slams only won 17 titles ...

8. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

17 major titles. According to wikipedia he has 60 titles in total. I'm not really sure what counts as major titles...

9. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

Grandslam and ATP Masters to start with.