User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: LD vs LCW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zqloy
    He attacked less during the match against LD my guess is also due to hv not recovered 100% of his stamina after the marathon match against CJ.
    i watched the cj vs lcw match, it was a grueling match for both. I don't see much weakness in lcw as in last year or 2. LCW had improved alot. It was like neck and neck until lcw stamina slipping a bit near the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Wow... LCW's defence sounds brilliiant!
    I must watch those games (MCO and HKO)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zqloy
    He attacked less during the match against LD my guess is also due to hv not recovered 100% of his stamina after the marathon match against CJ.
    yeah, maybe you're right .... it was a tough game which only ended at what, 10.30pm?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    LCW's defence is good.. but he should be more agresive on the attack.
    I haven't had a chance to watch the Finals until tomorrow evening when a replay will be telecast in Singapore.

But it appears to me that despite LCW's very good defence, he still succumbs to LD's persistent attacks which must have contributed greatly to his victory. As mentioned, LD is not only street smart but also very intelligent in dictating the pace.

So, finally it would appear that the best form of defence is still to ATTACK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah!!! The Malaysia Open MS Final dvd has come through!!! I"m watching it now, I notice that Lin Dan can't return most of LCW's smashes!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    LCW's defence is good.. but he should be more agresive on the attack.

SPOT ON ! At times, he seemed to be waiting for LD to make a mistake. He should play like LD in the last set : playing with more urgency and smashing at every opportunity. I put it down to LCW still learning --- someone should tell him in the 3rd set, you go for the 'kill' and not wait to be killed.
    Last edited by X Ball; 09-04-2006 at 06:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball
    SPOT ON ! At times, he seemed to be waiting for LD to make a mistake. He should play like LD in the last set : playing with more urgency and smashing at every opportunity.
    I agree too! His smashes are amazingly fast!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baderz_Jas
    Yeah!!! The Malaysia Open MS Final dvd has come through!!! I"m watching it now, I notice that Lin Dan can't return most of LCW's smashes!!!!
    This is when LCW's stamina is 100%, his deceptive smashes is deadly. If u watch their most recent match in HKO, Lee attacked much lesser compared to MO & MCO. While for LD, of course he has plenty of strength to attack as he played 1 match lesser than LCW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess there are less smashes from LCW in the HK open because he will not want to mess things up before the WC... Getting injuries at this time is not a right thing to do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It takes a big game to bead LD, I am sure LCW is aiming the next big thing...
    rgds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Have faith ...

Have faith! What Lee Chong Wei need is the first win over Lin Dan outside Malaysia then everything will take care of itself. It's not easy just like we never thought LCW can beat any of the Chinese player before and he did against Chen Hong, Bao Chunlai and Chen Jin. It's never easy to win the title when Team China is participating where you have to beat at least 2 of them(4 if you're unlucky), I wish Hafiz and Beng Hong can take their level to next notch, that will help to clear the path for Chong Wei ...
    Remember the Chinese song "Tomorrow will be better" ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hafiz is gearing up for it. I wish it was Roslin going instead of KBH, who has still to develop a 'brain' for the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whatever it is, I'm actually proud and happy that Malaysia can produce a consistent player such as LCW...he can maintain top ranking longer than any other malaysian players...way to go LCW!!..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of pressure on lcw as his countrymen hafiz and roslin not helping to eliminate some of the chinese MS players for him. I just wondering why lcw hard work is not inspiring the other 2 to do better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Malaysian culture

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    a lot of pressure on lcw as his countrymen hafiz and roslin not helping to eliminate some of the chinese MS players for him. I just wondering why lcw hard work is not inspiring the other 2 to do better.
    Well, the purse money in badminton is just too small and it's very very difficult to win any Open title. In Malaysia, the players are taking care by the BAM in terms of salaries, food and lodging.(Except Hafiz is under Nusa Mahsuri but I believe Hafiz allowance also pay by BAM) Players get monthly allowance base on their world ranking plus base salary so even players don't win any title still will have nice living so why try so hard and taking the risk to injuries hence cut short ones badminton career? Why I am saying is, Malaysian players lack of motivation, desperation and urgency due to the surrounding enviroment ... It has been this way for long long time, I call it the Malaysian culture, it's OK to lose today as one can try again tomorrow and try again tomorrow after that if lose again and again... No new comer coming to replace anyway so why worry/hurry ? To what I heard, Lee Chong Wei is the only one who's willingly to work extra hard and willingly to accept new technique and idea ... The good news is, now we have Lee Chong Wei and the bad news is Lee Chog Wei is all we got now in MS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good news is, now we have Lee Chong Wei and the bad news is Lee Chog Wei is all we got now in MS
    Actually I am worry that LCW may have overworked himself. He is ranked 1st because he has entered more Opens than LD this year and probably due to the WC in Madrid.

It is a fine line between well prepared and over committed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

overall LD has a slight (very slight) edge over LCW, the ultimate advantage of LD would be his attack. Although LCW's defense is good but the ongoing results proved that in order to win attacking is very important. LCW's constant defensive shots give a very good game to the spectators, but the results are always in favor of LD.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast