0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist
    i'm suspicious that indra is PBSI's official
    lol, I thought you were Taufik Hidayat himself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what i read in malaysian newspapers, i don't think any of the coaches have ruled out Taufik's ability of winning the WC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist
    i'm suspicious that indra is PBSI's official
    or a relative of taufik!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ANyhow, the more "negative" statements on TH, the better for TH as they will encourage and motivate TH to refute those "negative" statements....

Well I tend to agree with you that TH is now all "fired up" and will fight to the last to regain his former glory. This will provide the spectacular fireworks at the forthcoming WC and can only add more excitement for everybody.

Of course provided that extra special care be taken in selecting the line and service judges whenever TH is involved. Otherwise another fiasco may erupt again and TH may stage yet another walkout with a stronger set of 'unphotographical' hand gestures.

My only fear is whether he is allowed to compete and how his opponents will handle him. TH could really drive his opponents nuts and with this added "mental torture" playing in their minds, his opponents will be distracted. This makes for an easier kill by TH. ...hahaha

And Indra and all TH fans (wonder whose side Taufikist will be on this time)will be laughing in their chairs! ...hahahahahaha...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh

Of course provided that extra special care be taken in selecting the line and service judges whenever TH is involved. Otherwise another fiasco may erupt again and TH may stage yet another walkout with a stronger set of 'unphotographical' hand gestures.
    Who cares. It is interesthing that he did the walk out thing once or twice, but if he keeps doing that, it's his problem anyway. The result would be just letting his opponent win the match and advance to the next stage. I dare him to keep doing the walk out if he likes, he is not going to get anything out of it. Players are just have to deal with bad line calls occationally, that is just part of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one is actually underestimating TH. They are just putting things into perspective afer seeing the performance of the players which played in the recent tournaments. Don't forget that in a tournament such as WC.. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TH hasn't been playing very well ever since last year, as I recall... With my imgination, I think TH thinks he can beat LD anyday (which is not true.) I think it's very doubtful for TH to win WC in Madrid this year, his game plays are really sloppy. And I am not too impress with it.

Also, ants may be right about the point where anything can happen in WC. Who knows.

I am going for LCW this year.

quik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LCW Vs Lin Dan Game

Hey guy!! I have been watching the game between the 2 of them over a few time. The game is watch is the All England Semi 2006 / Malaysia Open 2006 / Hong Kong Open 2006 and all this show seem like that LCW can get point by attacking Lin Dan especially smashing.Do u guys agree? And also notice that LCW lose a lots of point when he lift the shuttle to Lin Dan right hand side as the over head smash of Lin Dan is very powerful and many times that LCW get unexpected smashing for the left hander on there. And also notice that Lin Dan is not patient when coming to rally point. And also prove that the net play of LCW is better than Lin Dan.. So is there any more weak point of Lin Dan u guys notice between the 2 of them? Hope that this round will be another good show between the 2 player.. Its was very excited to watch the 2 of them playing each other..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mod, please merge this thread http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=36056
    into here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INDRA, accept it...."the end is near for TH and he faces the final curtain......".

After the WC, I think he will announce his retirement because he will respect his body, and his desire is not there anymore. He has achieved more than any normal player. The LD's and the LCW's are too hard to beat.

The WC is certainly LD's or LCW's. The minnow players would be Chen Jin and PG.
    Last edited by X Ball; 09-10-2006 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right about Lin Dan's overhead smash. Even when he gets a clear on his right hand side he has the uncanny ability to smash it quite hard. I'm a Gade fan but when I watched their match that Gade eventually won at the China Masters this year I noticed that Lin Dan got a number of points when he caught Gade of guard with a sudden overhead jumpsmash.

Quote Originally Posted by donchang
    Hey guy!! I have been watching the game between the 2 of them over a few time. The game is watch is the All England Semi 2006 / Malaysia Open 2006 / Hong Kong Open 2006 and all this show seem like that LCW can get point by attacking Lin Dan especially smashing.Do u guys agree? And also notice that LCW lose a lots of point when he lift the shuttle to Lin Dan right hand side as the over head smash of Lin Dan is very powerful and many times that LCW get unexpected smashing for the left hander on there. And also notice that Lin Dan is not patient when coming to rally point. And also prove that the net play of LCW is better than Lin Dan.. So is there any more weak point of Lin Dan u guys notice between the 2 of them? Hope that this round will be another good show between the 2 player.. Its was very excited to watch the 2 of them playing each other..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by donchang
    LCW can get point by attacking Lin Dan especially smashing.
    That's not true. If you observed very clearly LCW's attack is not as good (shall I say as powerful) as LD's. His style is on accuracy and precision. You noticed that LCW's placement of shuttles are always on sidelines, regardless of smashing,dropping,and lobbing. All of his clear shots are near perfect that's why LD always misjudge at the baseline and that's why he cannot get a clean shot even though his smash is powerful. Basically LCW needs to keep pushing LD until LD's clear is not long enough to the baseline and then LCW will execute his smash. You will notice that in almost everytime when the shuttle was clear perfectly (meaning very close to the baseline) LCW will not choose to smash. However LD has the ability to execute full court smash even the shuttle was cleared perfectly by LCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    mod, please merge this thread http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=36056
    into here
    some people dun do searches do they..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball
    INDRA, accept it...."the end is near for TH and he faces the final curtain......".

After the WC, I think he will announce his retirement because he will respect his body, and his desire is not there anymore. He has achieved more than any normal player. The LD's and the LCW's are too hard to beat.

The WC is certainly LD's or LCW's. The minnow players would be Chen Jin and PG.
    TH has been slacking off A "LOT". TH won't close his curtains yet, at least not anytime soon... Does TH have any injuries lately? Not that I heard of at least, but TH should be playing a bit harder to respect the game of badminton..

More training should do it for TH..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude.. LD is just better than LCW he plays the pressure points well were LCW seems to crack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree. LCW has better technique but LD has better physique, and LD is "smarter" than LCW, he uses his physical ability in a perfect way and his opponents are always surprised when their "perfect" clears are suddenly smashed back with unimaginable power.

In the past, anyone who wants to beat LD has to have very good technique. Like Taufik and CH. Then he needs to keep controlling LD using all kinds of attacking shots: basically, your technique needs to be so good that you never give LD defensive clears. This is how Taufik beated LD in WC final. And actually this is how Ji Xinpeng beated Gade (the "LD" around that time) in 2000.

LCW's technique, I have to say, is not as good as Taufik or CH yet. But now he has developed such good defence that he (the only one who) can give LD defensive clears. So let's wait and see whether this is a new way to beat LD.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstone
    That's not true. If you observed very clearly LCW's attack is not as good (shall I say as powerful) as LD's. His style is on accuracy and precision. You noticed that LCW's placement of shuttles are always on sidelines, regardless of smashing,dropping,and lobbing. All of his clear shots are near perfect that's why LD always misjudge at the baseline and that's why he cannot get a clean shot even though his smash is powerful. Basically LCW needs to keep pushing LD until LD's clear is not long enough to the baseline and then LCW will execute his smash. You will notice that in almost everytime when the shuttle was clear perfectly (meaning very close to the baseline) LCW will not choose to smash. However LD has the ability to execute full court smash even the shuttle was cleared perfectly by LCW.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast