LD vs LCW

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006' started by quik_silver, Sep 3, 2006.

1. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    After watching the HKO2006, does anyone find LCW's awesome defence against LD? Although, LCW was not too succesful with his drop shots in the end which costed him the match.

Honestly, I think LCW could of won the match if his drops killed LD. I think the World Championship is LCW this year! :D

2. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    have you seen the malaysian open 2006 ms f, its very much the same

3. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    Yea I have, but LCW didn't screw up as much in the dropping. If you noticed in the HKO, LCW suddenly lost the touch with the drops. Not sure is it because he lost temper about the previous line call.

4. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

LCW is precision play and LD is power play. LCW has demonstrated he is superior in all aspects except the street smart to beat LD, which is his biggest weakness. LCW has solid defence, killing smash, and tricky shots that even LD cannot defense. Yet, the match between LCW vs. LD is really a one man show about LCW chasing after his own shadow. He would make mistake and give point away and then try hard to make up for his mistake again. LD is smart, he knows very well all he needs to do is to let LCW runs his own show and destroy himself.

5. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    IMO lcw made wayyy to many mistakes to have deserve to win. If he made less mistakes like hitting average shots wide and not having his dropshots hit the net then he would have won. I personally find he defense AMAZING. to be able to block LD's smashs and return them in such a fashion that LD could barely (but did) keep up is flat out amazing.

Still a Lin Dan fan at heart though :)

6. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Yup, LCW's defense has improve alot since MCO (which is already very good in MCO). Do notice that he can even return some of LD's killer halfcourt or net smashes. Thats superb!

7. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

My guess is that he's stamina couldnt keep up during the 3rd set after giving out everything he has during his pervious match against CJ. A string of mistakes during the end of match has shown clearly that he has run out of gas.... :(

8. byelnats

byelnats Regular Member

I gotta admit he has a SUPERB defence. It is amazing to see how he was able to dig all those seemingly impossible smashes from Lin Dan. However, for some reason I still say Lin Dan has this superiority feeling around him. LCW, as I see it, has not had that imposing feeling yet. I think given time, Chen Jin will be able to beat LCW soon. However, good job on the defence. It is truly the world no: 1's defence.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    finally someone got it right, IMO;)
    ld got a huge break from taufik walking out, a rest break.
    It is ld/LYB's game plan all along, drain off lcw's stamina reserve, even if it cost a 2nd game of 'play to lose'. That's why lcw suddenly lost his touch/net play late in the 3rd game, and why LD pour it out in the 3rd game. LCW stamina had improved a lot since last year. However, when taufik gave LD a leg up on reserve preservation, poor lcw has to beat ld in both stamina and skills and one of those has to give in.

#9 cooler, Sep 3, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  10. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

I personally think CJ's skills might be even better than LD. However he lacks experience and often loses his patience during the last crucial points, thats why he lost to LHI and ChenYu perviously in a very close 3rd set. At this time, LCW is still hard for him to beat as Lee is well known for his great patience in rallies. LCW's 2 great match comeback of this year has clearly shown that.

11. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    IMHO, if LCW was to defeat LD, he MUST win the first set. Conserve as much energy as possible in the second, and at the same time let LD do all the attacking and thus wear him off. Then go all out again in the rubber set.

This is on the assumption that if LD is playing at his usual level, there is hardly anyone now can take him out in 2 sets stright. Going into rubber, and hoping he is more exhausted than you would be the best bet.

KJ almost did it in the semi, but he collapsed mentally in the rubber. LCW's skill and technic are now closer to LD, his improved defense could be used to wear off LD.

The key would be taking the first set and let LD do all the chasing physically and mentally in the second. If LD won the first, he had the stamina and ability to push and win the second, or wore the opponent off in the second and take the rubber.

I know this is easier said than done. But LCW is the most likely player in current form to do that.

12. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    I do noe you all got observe this or not.. LCW always lose the first set to LD in almost all the competition...When LD win the first set... It like he will win the match...So,i hope LCW can win the first set in the matches with him...This is very strange...If you all do not believe..Just check and see..

#12 Jessica, Sep 4, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  13. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

hmmm, yeah, well he lost the first set against CJ as well, but still had the confidence to beat him in the end. i think it's partly psychological against LD, if LCW believes he can beat him consistently, then i'm sure he'll do better. currently, i think he still thinks LD is better than him.

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    LCW's defence is good.. but he should be more agresive on the attack.

15. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    He should build up his confidence as soon as possible....Ya...Maybe what Dreamzz say is true...Confidence is the biggest stone along his sucess path...I think his skills is superb and not far from LD..We can say they are equally strong but i think that LD mental is stronger than him...He should overcome this problem..

16. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

He attacked less during the match against LD my guess is also due to hv not recovered 100% of his stamina after the marathon match against CJ.

17. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Jessica, LCW no longer has the weak mental problem. His 2 strong match comeback against top players like LD and CJ has clearly shown that. From the way he plays, i dont think he has any fear against LD. However, he should learn to minimise his unforced errors although already running out of gas during the 3rd set....:eek: And the best way the take down LD, is to grab the 1st set and save some energy is the 2nd like wat LD does.

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i watched the cj vs lcw match, it was a grueling match for both. I don't see much weakness in lcw as in last year or 2. LCW had improved alot. It was like neck and neck until lcw stamina slipping a bit near the end.

19. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    :eek: Wow... LCW's defence sounds brilliiant! :D
    I must watch those games (MCO and HKO) :)

20. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yeah, maybe you're right .... it was a tough game which only ended at what, 10.30pm?