taufik as well...
    impossible is nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now now, be nice.
    i can't see both LD and LCW not making the final though, one of them losing maybe, but both?
    hmmmm .... hard to imagine ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstone
    That's not true. If you observed very clearly LCW's attack is not as good (shall I say as powerful) as LD's. His style is on accuracy and precision. You noticed that LCW's placement of shuttles are always on sidelines, regardless of smashing,dropping,and lobbing. All of his clear shots are near perfect that's why LD always misjudge at the baseline and that's why he cannot get a clean shot even though his smash is powerful. Basically LCW needs to keep pushing LD until LD's clear is not long enough to the baseline and then LCW will execute his smash. You will notice that in almost everytime when the shuttle was clear perfectly (meaning very close to the baseline) LCW will not choose to smash. However LD has the ability to execute full court smash even the shuttle was cleared perfectly by LCW.

Ya i agree with u that LD is more powerful than LCW is smashing but yesterday i also watch the LD vs Taufik in the Sudirman Cup game and taufik also can get a lot of point by smashing. And ya i agree with u that LCW placement is very good but that din seem to have much effect on LD as him cover the court very well and sometimes can attack u suddenly even though the shuttle is near baseline especially his overhead smashing . And i also notice that he seldom perform smashing on his fore hand side when the shuttle is high and near baseline.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by donchang
    Ya i agree with u that LD is more powerful than LCW is smashing but yesterday i also watch the LD vs Taufik in the Sudirman Cup game and taufik also can get a lot of point by smashing. And ya i agree with u that LCW placement is very good but that din seem to have much effect on LD as him cover the court very well and sometimes can attack u suddenly even though the shuttle is near baseline especially his overhead smashing . And i also notice that he seldom perform smashing on his fore hand side when the shuttle is high and near baseline.
    Maybe Taufik can get lots of points by smashing then but it will not be as effective now. Becoz LD's defense has improved alot this year.
    LD and LCW has different strengths. LD has very powerful smashes and good defense as well. LCW has excellent deception and some very tricky wrist work which really trouble his opponent's less effective footwork. And 1 more thing is that LCW has recently developed 1 more weapon, which is his excellent defense esp when facing LD..... This makes their future meetings increasing interesting, becoz LD no longer has the absolute advantage against LCW...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after few loses to LD , the WC is the time for LCW to revenge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think its not on your style.. its on how you use a play in critical moments of the game.. i think LD has a better playing style, but LCW's decision-making made him a tough guy 2 beat..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kobe77sg
    after few loses to LD , the WC is the time for LCW to revenge
    I can't wait for WC it's next week!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Misbun: Lee can do it

In today's Sports section of The Star, "National singles coach Misbun Sidek backs world no.1 Lee Chong Wei to put on a sterling performance and end Malaysia's title drought in the WC."

Misbun is confident that LCW will handle the pressure well despite his fourth consecutive defeat outside Malaysia by Lin Dan.

"When he (LCW) lost his world no.1 ranking a few months ago, he did not lose heart but was instead strong enough to fight to regain the top ranking."

"This shows that he has matured and he is experienced enough to handle the tasks at the highest level of competition. After featuring in the semi-finals in the last world championships in Anaheim last year his standard has improved and he is capable of going further this time."

Misbun, who trained LCW until the arrival of singles coach Li Mao early last year, still trains national number two Hafiz, who is seeded 8th in the WC. Apart from LD, PG and TH, Misbun also named three other Chinese CJ, BCL and CH as strong contenders. Not forgetting his own protege, he said Hafiz and LHI could also spring surprises.

Hafiz, who won the prestigious AE in 2003, has been blowing hot and cold and has only the Philippines Open title to show for thus far this year.

As I recalled, Misbun's confidence in LCW contrasted diametrically with that of LCW's own coach, Li Mao, who felt that LD is still the best. Maybe Li Mao is playing a mind's game with Li Yongbo.

But let it be cautioned that when Malaysia displays signs of "over"-confidence, her players did not seem to do well in the end, as recent past records had demonstrated. I only wish that Misbun had kept mum.
    Last edited by Loh; 09-13-2006 at 02:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't agree with you,Loh.I feel Misbun is correct.It's high time Lcw believe that he is good enough to take the title.He has to take the bull by the horns in order to be the world champ.I am sick of reading of the need of the easier draw in our Malaysian press.Lcw does not need any easy draw cos he has to win all his games in order to be the world champion.He has all the skills.So,Go all out and end Malaysia's gold drought in the WC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, LCW has improved a great deal and his recent battles with LD has not been one-sided in LD's favour. Why then did Li Mao not publicly affirm that LCW will beat LD if they should meet again in the WC Finals? I think he does not want to pressure LCW, but at the same time maybe he is working hard on LCW's mental toughness, which is critical, all things being equal.

That's why I think Misbun should not have made public the impression that LCW will win. This will not do LCW any good if he is already very determined and assured of himself. Let LCW show it on the court.

What Misbun is quite correct though is that there are others who will want to wear the WC crown as well and I think CJ will be most dangerous.

I wish LCW well and hope that he will take all opponents seriously on his way to the final.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    Yes, LCW has improved a great deal and his recent battles with LD has not been one-sided in LD's favour. Why then did Li Mao not publicly affirm that LCW will beat LD if they should meet again in the WC Finals? I think he does not want to pressure LCW, but at the same time maybe he is working hard on LCW's mental toughness, which is critical, all things being equal.

That's why I think Misbun should not have made public the impression that LCW will win. This will not do LCW any good if he is already very determined and assured of himself. Let LCW show it on the court.

What Misbun is quite correct though is that there are others who will want to wear the WC crown as well and I think CJ will be most dangerous.

I wish LCW well and hope that he will take all opponents seriously on his way to the final.
    yup, what misbun said is likely to add to the pressure already on LCW.
    all that tension can't be good for the lad ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW for the WC2006. LCW has good judgement in his opponents, and LD isn't an exception.

Will LCW face any tough opponents before going into the finals?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what an amazing match. the new scoring system is pretty entertaining. however I'm not sure if the matches will ever reach the epic battles of the 15 point system. I'm not decided on which is better though. For me personally though I'm a much better player with the new scoring system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kokcheng
    I can't agree with you,Loh.I feel Misbun is correct.It's high time Lcw believe that he is good enough to take the title.He has to take the bull by the horns in order to be the world champ.I am sick of reading of the need of the easier draw in our Malaysian press.Lcw does not need any easy draw cos he has to win all his games in order to be the world champion.He has all the skills.So,Go all out and end Malaysia's gold drought in the WC.
    Totally agree with you.Misbun hands out clear report cards on LCW after each tournament. After MCO, he said LD was tactically superior.After HKO, he stopped short of saying LCW was more than good enough for LD.Is LD in good shape? He struggled against KJ (who basically did a TH but in a more diplomatic way by finishing the match with contempt on his face.); he struggled against LCW. One wonders what would have happened if TH didn't gift LD with a break at the expense of LCW?
    Li Mao would never publicly say LCW will win because he is Chinese and would not want to lose face.
    Anyway, LCW as World No. 1 is different from WCH and Roslin.With WCH and Roslin, when told they were WN1, their reaction was like "Really?" ie ,one of unexpected pleasant surprise. With LCW, he is very clear he wants to be WN1 because he knows he is good enough to be one. And he works towards it. He works on his fitness(he used to be puny; now he is sinewy.)He wasn't in the hunt for titles(altho' that would be a bonus). He was in the hunt to play LD to suss out how best to defeat him by experimenting different ways before WC.No, LCW is very clear-minded about his mission and unperturbed about comments on his chances.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Li Mao would never publicly say LCW will win because he is Chinese and would not want to lose face.

Li Yongbo is Chinese but I think he doesn't seem to mind losing face, if his past behaviour is anything to go by.

LD is no mean player himself and I think he is intelligent as is LCW. Remember he beat LCW more times than the other way round. Therefore one must assume that LD will also be making notes of LCW's play in order to remain on top.

The final verdict will be out soon, within this week and I hope Misbun is right in his assessment. What I don't like to see is that LCW is unwittingly being pressured into trying too hard to measure up and fail in his mission as a result. For all we know, both LD and LCW may be knocked out before the final, although the probability is low!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Li Mao reveal some secret

can someone translate this? Li Mao reveal some secret of HOng Kong Open after the WC

香港公开赛,林丹与李宗伟决赛,第一局李宗伟顺风,打过羽毛球的人都知道,顺风球难打。第二局换场林丹一来 ,场馆的空调就被关了。当时我们以为是坏了,后来第三局李宗伟再换回,空调又开了。第一局,我 点着
    打火机,风拼命倒向林丹那边,可是换了场地,我再打开打火机,火苗直直的,一点风也没有;第二次换场地,这 次打火机的火苗想都不想就飘向林丹那边了,我只能冷笑两声:'这样搞有意思吗?'实际上我现在很担心,因为 我不知道到了2008年,在北京,他将会使用什么样的手段。如果真的用这种手段去夺得冠军,这将是羽毛球运 动的耻辱,也是我们中国人的悲哀!
    Pretty worry for Beijing 2008
    Last edited by weeyet; 09-28-2006 at 11:05 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast