[h]choosing new string for Proace ABS power 1000

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by ANASUNAMUN, Sep 3, 2006.

1. ANASUNAMUN

ANASUNAMUN Regular Member

hi guys. i just need some advice in choosing a new string for my ABS power 1000, currently it has yonex bg66 which is no good imo. im an attacking player so what string is good and how much lbs is enough ? thx for ay suggestion

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    No good in what sense? Too stiff? Too loose? If so, restring it with adjusted tension. Durability is not good? Then, try thicker string such as BG80 with desired tension.

Regarding to tension, there's no universal solution. Some ppl like 20lbs, some might say 30 is still too low. Therefore, you have to adjust your current tension higher or lower based on your own preference.

3. ANASUNAMUN

yeah it should be about the tension, i feel that its too loose... and what about adjust the tension? u said about restring? does it mean that the old string got cut and i gotta replace with a new one? or they can can input somemore lbs to increase my current tension ?

4. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

if you feel that it jsut needs some minor adjusting, then increase in increments of 1-2 lbs, if its way to loose/bouncy then increase in 3-4lb increments, and yes you must cut your current strings.

5. ANASUNAMUN

well, just got order some BG65Ti and just wonder how much lbs is good 'cause im a hard hitter, attack player, so 25,26 lbs is enough ?? anyone >?

6. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

depends ectactly how hard you can hit, if you can hit it hard enough to flex the stringbed at that high of a tension then go for it.

7. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

we cannotreccommend tension, its just trial and error, if you want the tension thats right for you you gotta go through the trial and error that everyone does.

8. ANASUNAMUN

wow, yeah. its fair enough. i gotta try it myself, anyways thanks for giving advices... appreciate that..

9. morewood

morewood Regular Member

If money isn’t a problem you would experiment by having at least two racquets (the same) strung differently, firstly lets say with Yonex Stings, sting one with BG80 at 22lbs and the other with BG68 again at 22lbs. The chances are you be happiest day one with the BG68, a month later you could feel that the racquet strung with 68 had become too slack. Now the solution would be to restring BG80 with 68 at 24lbs and compare that with the 22lbs racquet, you would in effect find a tension and string that works perfectly for you. Unfortunately if your stringing with 68 though you run a much bigger risk of string breakage especially as you pump the tensions up, what you would probably be better off with is using 65 string and sacrificing that little bit of control for the longevity of the strings.

10. ANASUNAMUN

that would be a good idea. i got 2 rackets though.and imma restring both of them so thanks for your advice. that would be helpful