Nail Polish Touch Up Paint

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by __Lam, Sep 4, 2006.

1. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

So i was searching around and i came across a thread about using nail polish or model paint as touch up paint for your chipped racquets is this safe for your racquets? Are there any chemicals in it that weaken the racquet in any way?

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

FYI, Most of the model paints and nail polishes are the same thing. They are safe for the racquet. However, due to the nature of the racuqet meterial, they do fall off.
    I think the auto touch up paint is the best for racquet. However, the color match will be an issue. Nail polishes has more color choices and better color match. However, it is to thin. You need to apply several coat to get it even. You can get model paints to mix and match the color, However, it is alot more expensive because you need to buy 3 or 4 bottles to mix and match.

3. bye bye birdie

bye bye birdie Regular Member

Student
    model pant would be fine, the only bad point is that it isnt glossy. nail varnish would be fine. but my personal suggestion would be mix the couler with model paint then cover with clear nail varnish to get the shinny texture:cool:.

BTW. model paint or nail varnish wouldnt harm your racket if they did imagine peoples nails and models:)

4. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

k thanks guys, i don't think it'd be hard to match the section that i have chipped... 100% black :) .