User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monster
    i got the g-spot right this time?
    "G-spot" and "sweetspot" are not the same thing, at least not when you are talking about a badminton sweetspot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet spot, G spot, both mythical areas that seem to jump about a bit, but you know when you hit either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm , I suppose they are both about timing and technique! And in the same way you might have to adjust your technique slightly to hit the sweetspot on any particular racquet the same applies to the other!!

The sweet spot on a racket will also depend on the tension. A racket strung at say 20 lbs will have a fairly large sweetspot and so will be more forgiving if you don't his the exact centre of the sweetspot. A Racquet strung at say 32lbs will have a small sweetspot that will feel like you've swung a brick if you fail to hit the sweetspot dead centre.

I think Isometric rackets are meant to have a larger sweetspot that oval rackets but I'm not sure how much of that is marketing and how much is science.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morewood
    Sweet spot, G spot, both mythical areas that seem to jump about a bit, but you know when you hit either.
    LOL! Nice analogy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahhahhaahahahhahahah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i recently tried my friend's powerful racket strung at high tension. i felt that the sound was different. shuold i also try higher tension? he's got it strung at 25lbs but probably loosen a little, he claims. I currently use 21lbs but with his racket, i felt the power at 25lbs. i got the g-spot right this time?
    alot of cases, people who play with "higher tension" or "higher" end racquets seem to play better, its called the placebo effect, but if you feel that you have much better playability with that tension then go for it, no need to ask us. and uhh, g-spot? i think you mean sweet spot.... g-spot is a completely other term that doesn't relate to badminton at all... lol...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lowering the tension will make you feel that you are hitting the sweet spot most of the time?? hehe...

after changing to higher tension, i know that my shots ain't hitting the sweet spot most of the time...if you don't hit it right at the centre, then you don't get the 'kaboom' sound for smash...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strangely enough, lowering the tension makes my shots go weaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PandaLord
    then don't its not the right tension for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PandaLord
    Its not an exact science that lesser string tension increases power and higher tension reduces power. A player and a racquet will have a band where both are comfortable and produce the right amount of power whilst still offering control. I know in the past I have had the same racquets strung at variations between 16lbs and 24lbs to push this theory, 16lbs just tends to mean the strings are disturbed after each rally and the touch control near the net is sadly lacking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morewood
    Its not an exact science that lesser string tension increases power and higher tension reduces power. A player and a racquet will have a band where both are comfortable and produce the right amount of power whilst still offering control. I know in the past I have had the same racquets strung at variations between 16lbs and 24lbs to push this theory, 16lbs just tends to mean the strings are disturbed after each rally and the touch control near the net is sadly lacking.
    actually, depends how hard you can swing, if the string bed is 30 lbs, and you can hit it hard enough that the stringbed is flexed in, the trampoline effect will be much more powerful then something at 16lbs which you can easily flex the stringbed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lam, I didn't know if his was a higher end racket, so definitely no placebo.

Anyway, he verified that his was more powerful too after swapping our rackets for a game. It just felt that the feeling was right and man, I feel the racket screaming when the g-spot was correctly hit.

anyway, just thought it'd be amusing to you guys hence the other anatomical term - grafernberg's spot. hey.. it amuses some! but apologies if it confuses some of you (or worst, offends anyone!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello BC friends,

well instead of opening a new thread I just post into this old one.
    In out of 10 smashes I produced only 2 of them is where I can definately say I hit the jackpot because I can literally feel how the shaft of the racket bends at the impact of the shuttle and thus giving the shuttle a tremendous acceleration.
    But the other smashes are often so so only not that I hit the frame but there is no such a feedback as like hitting the sweet spot exactly.
    Does hitting the sweet spot means the feel of bending the shaft ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you KNOW when youve hit the sweetspot or not.
    practice hitting the sweetspot in clears first; when youve hit it, youll fewel the birdie accelerate alot faster, hence the feeling of the bending of the shaft. Hit a few normal clears, then hit a few where you concentrate on hitting the bird exactly in the middle of your racquet. If you can feel the difference, do the same thing for feeded smashes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lam, I didn't know if his was a higher end racket, so definitely no placebo.

Anyway, he verified that his was more powerful too after swapping our rackets for a game. It just felt that the feeling was right and man, I feel the racket screaming when the g-spot was correctly hit.

anyway, just thought it'd be amusing to you guys hence the other anatomical term - grafernberg's spot. hey.. it amuses some! but apologies if it confuses some of you (or worst, offends anyone!)
    i also stated if one played with higher tension, it could be possibly a placebo effect. and yeah, thats somewhat the feeling of hitting the sweetspot, like everyone says, you'll know if you hit it or not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __Lam
    i also stated if one played with higher tension, it could be possibly a placebo effect. and yeah, thats somewhat the feeling of hitting the sweetspot, like everyone says, you'll know if you hit it or not
    I am not used to higher tension racket. i strung mine at higher tension than i would normally 2 months back and initially, it feels like i am playing with a piece of wood. i wouldn't have imagined that to be the placebo. anyway, placebo or not, that definitely felt different. Felt as in really FELT and seen the speed of the shuttle jetting down fast. Some people just find it hard to believe and would naturally resort to "ahh... it must be placebo". I understand that, but having very analytical brains (both me and him), placebo just never comes into thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

basically what i did was practice my smash swings without bird and just took it on court fixed up the timing and all was good ^^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast