car pool to stonybrook

Discussion in 'USA East' started by suewang, Sep 8, 2006.

1. suewang

suewang New Member

hi everybody, i live in longisland cause i'm not a good driver hope sb went to stonybrook would like to car pool with me .thanks

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    is this for some badminton event?

3. suewang

suewang New Member

stonybrook

of course it's for badminton.i just come back form china and can't find a place to play badminton,this drives me crazy!

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Sorry to reply this one late, as I just came back from vacation several hours ago.

Which part of long island you live? SB might be a good place to go, if you live close by, otherwise, there might be other choices (more expensive in a way, though). Personally, I believe SB charges $5 for gym entries, if you are not a student/staff. With the fairly un-reliable schedule (at least, I got some bad experiece way back then), it's might be a waste of $$$ and time.

There's a club in Garden City area, which run on Tues and Thurs night (7-10pm). Not sure if any sessions still have spot open, but you can stop by the check it out. They locate in Straford School (elementry school, I think)

Other choices (by car, or by public transportation) including NYCB, Friendly Badminton clubs, etc. Please check my thread of "Places to play in NY" for more updated information. Of course, the cost and travel time highly depend on your own preference.