Learn to string?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by chibe_K, Sep 8, 2006.

1. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Hi guys, I broke my string twice a month and its getting costly to have someone fix it everytime. I never string a racquet, so...how to start? What are the basic tools I need besides a stringing machine?

2. evolution-Fung

evolution-Fung Regular Member

Clothing
    u need a strining machine to string......other then that u need 2 fly clamps and string and thats it ahhaha the big part is strining machine 2nd most import fly clamp and i guess a starting pin, thatsreally all u need

3. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

is there any tutorials on the web that teaches stringing ?

4. mandm

mandm Regular Member

i guess if you buy a strining machine you ought to get some help on strining racquets!!

5. evolution-Fung

evolution-Fung Regular Member

Clothing
    yeah im shjure their are, but depending on what kind of machine the technique differs.

6. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    Hey,

I found that the stringing techniques portion of this forum combined with the yonex stringing pattern is sufficient enough to learn how to string. My best advice is to not be lazy and read through the ENTIRE posts since they are all informative. My approach was to read them all before making the decision to go out and buy a machine. Currently I'm in the middle of deciding/refining certain steps in my stringing approach to yield a more consistent tension when stringing...

for example: stringing the 2 middle mains and all tie-offs 10% higher then normal to compensate for tension loss.

i.e if i were to string the mains 22 and the crosses 24 lbs...the middle two mains and tie-offs would be strung at 24lbs and the tie-off for the cross would be at about 25-26lbs

everyone has different approaches that's why it's best to read all posts to make a better more informed decision.

7. Benasp

Benasp Regular Member

just google stringing and you'll get all you need to string a racquet, this forum is really helpful. I started from nothing as you'll see on this post
    and i string my badminton and tennis racquet now. don't forget that the tennis process is the same so you can check these tutorial

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I thought the labor rate in HK should be cheaper??? :rolleyes: