User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks soccer613 those are some of the stretches i do...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The stretches helped me as well. Now i can play badminton as normal, but i tend to avoid tensions above 25lbs. If its above 25lbs, i will feel the strain again.

Thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tennis Elbow

Much of the time, tennis elbow afflicts those who have improper technique. In tennis and I assume in badminton as well, tennis elbow is usually caused by an improper backhand swing. Leading with your elbow rather than your racquet puts undue stress on the elbow when using your backhand and is a major cause of tennis elbow. Some racquets that have excessive vibration can also contribute to tennis elbow.
    Rarely do you see someone with proper technique, ala Roger Federer, Taufik Hidayat, etc. have any tennis elbow problems.
    Although arm and elbow strengthening excercises can help, proper technique may be more important than anything else in preventing tennis elbow.
    For those that have recurring tennis elbow problems, you might want to have a look at your backhand technique and make sure you are swinging properly and leading with your racquet rather than your elbow during your swing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rarely do you see someone with proper technique, ala Roger Federer, Taufik Hidayat, etc. have any tennis elbow problems.

You sound so sure, Man LOL

I think tension and stiffness really are the key factors here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sengkiang View Post
    I really have to share this. 4 months and after trying the streching method....my tennis elbow is getting better.!!!!

This guy suggested regular strecthing and you could even playing badminton during tennis arm period.

http://airbed.ch/tennisarm/tennis.ht...rm/syndrom.htm

I am very happy :-) :-)
    hi bro..cant seem to find the english version..can u point the way..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing. Helpful information!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hit Home > English Version > Treatment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing. I'll give it a try.

If anyone else is interested, I came across a killer list of tennis elbow exercises you may want to give a shot as well. Sure beats having to spend a fortune on Doctors or PT

http://www.tenniselbowsecretsreveale...w-of-all-time/

Good luck!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://voices.yahoo.com/stop-joint-pain-avoid-these-ten-foods-5590569.html?cat=5

Stop Joint Pain - Avoid These Ten Foods!

Joint Pain Can Be Debilitating. You Can Reduce or Even Eliminate Joint Pain by Avoiding Certain Foods

The Chinese say that all illness comes from the stomach. So if you suffer from joint pain, it makes sense to avoid inflammatory foods that make the pain worse. These are the top ten foods that worsen your joint pain:
    1. Sugar - This is the worst culprit. It causes massive inflammation, depresses your immune system and feeds cancer cells. If you do nothing else, avoiding sugar will help you reduce joint pain greatly.
    2. Alcohol is a neurotoxin and does terrible things to your pancreas, liver and brain.
    3. Dairy - These days cows are fed unnatural foods and given lots of antibiotics and steroids. All these end up in the milk. The milk is then pasteurised, homogenised and in some cases irradiated. This makes is it unsuitable for human consumption. The body doesn't know what to do with this white stuff and has to work very hard to get rid of it. If you have to have dairy, butter and fermented dairy, such as yoghourt are your best choices.
    4. Foods containing nitrites and nitrates. These are the preservatives that are mostly used in cured meats to extend shelf life.
    5. Nightshades - Capsicum (peppers), tomatos, eggplant (aubergine), potatos and chilli are all inflammatory foods that contribute to joint pain.
    6. Soy products - Soy beans are toxic. Why? Because they are the most heavily sprayed crops on the planet. The pesticides and insecticides used on the soy beans end up in your body.
    7. Wheat and other grains containing gluten. Quite a lot of people cannot digest gluten, but are unaware of it.
    8. Coffee - This is a legalised drug. Just because everyone drinks it, it does not make it acceptable for a person with arthritis or joint pain. It is highly inflammatory and contributes to joint pain!
    9. Soft drinks (pop) - Whether they contain sugar or artificial sweeteners, soft drinks do a lot of damage to your body.
    10. MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) - This is a neurotoxin. Most food labels call it a food enhancer. Modern food production now puts MSG into everything from baby cereals to canned soups to condiments. This drug fools your brain into thinking that you are hungry, so you eat more of the food that contains it. Great for the food producer, bad for your waistline and your joint pain.
    Avoiding the foods that contain any of the above will give your body a chance to repair the damage and reduce the joint pain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are indeed many suggestions to treat tennis/ badminton elbows and I personally have succumbed to this unfortunate trauma to my hand several times and seeked treatment which had cost me thousands. After sometime of having this with the longest stretch lasting a whole year, I have investigated into the healing procedures or corrective actions to get me back into the game as well as prevention action to avoid this painful experience. Allow me to share these both actions which I have uncovered and it is totally up to you if you would like to use this advice:

Corrective Actions:
    a) Stop playing
    b) Avoid lifting items with your palms facing down as it only aggravates the situation
    c) Rub along the stretch of the muscles to where the pain is everytime thru'out the day
    d) Once the pain has subsided, this would mean that the pain has generally been reduced to a feeling of stiffness, strengthen back by doing push ups.
    e) Once you feel that the stiffness has been reduced to more of a tighter pull rather than any pain or stiffness, strenghten back the muscles with using a 2kg dumbell with your palms faced down and lifting the dumbell in the upwards motion using just your wrist (the motion shoud be like you were replicating turning the throttle on a motorbike) for about 10 reps and 3 sets for a day.

Preventive Action:
    a) Use an elbow and wrist guard while playing
    b) If you need to hit hard or clear shots, make sure that use your shoulder strength rather than just your elbow. If the shuttlecock is too near, deflect the shots rather than attempting to clear the shot away using your elbow or wrist strength.
    c) Before and after the game, stretch, stretch, stretch....stretch the area of where the pain was residing before previously.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2