Any clubs/players in Red Deer, Alberta?

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by bdaviduck, Sep 10, 2006.

1. bdaviduck

bdaviduck Regular Member

Hello,

Does anyone know of any Badminton clubs or individuals that play regularly in Red Deer, Alberta? (For those that don't know, Red Deer is located between Calgary and Edmonton (about 1.5 hours to each from Red Deer)).

Help!

2. evylgrynn

evylgrynn Regular Member

I used to live in Sylvan Lake last year (just outside of Red Deer) and I played at the club held on thursday nights at Lindsay Thurber Comp. High School. it was 7-930, 3$ drop in fee. I believe this year they are trying to get it going mondays and thursdays. if you call the Red Deer recreational board, they can give you a contact number, I believe they president's name is Eric Wong, and it usually starts around end of september/beginning of October. good luck

3. Kenny

Kenny Regular Member

High School
    Ohh, bdavid the Badminton "life" in Red Deer is EXTREMELY limited haha....I grew up there and i too always looked for a place to play and well....there really isn't alot of places except for Lindsay Thurber like Evylgrynn stated.....But once a week is barely enough.

Did you just move to Red Deer?

4. azn_prince

azn_prince Regular Member

me too!! anyone happen to know some places to play badminton around the red deer area?? thanks!

5. louvette

louvette New Member

Hi I just moved to Red Deer and I also looking for places or clubs that I could join and play Badminton.

6. lildevil

lildevil New Member

equipment operator
    lookin for competitve badminton in red deer alberta

hey gang i'm looking for a place to play badminton i used to play competitive and go to tourneys all the time in bc until i moved ro red deer a few yrs ago but have been out for a few yrs... Is there any clubs in red deer that i could play regularily in the evenings.. lookin to get back into shape and start going into tourneys again....... Can someone please help u can call me at 403-396-8019
    thnxs sean

7. bdaviduck

bdaviduck Regular Member

RE: lookin for competitve badminton in red deer alberta

Hi Sean,

Next to nothing with regard to "competitive" badminton in Red Deer, however, public (drop-in) badminton goes every Thursday night from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm at Lindsay Thurber Comprehensive High School (4204 58 Street).

For competitive play, you may want to check out the following site:
    http://www.BadmintonLadders.com

B

8. lildevil

lildevil New Member

equipment operator
    hey bud

ya i knew about linsdey and i went there this past thursday it was enjoyable however i was hopein to find some really compititive badminton with other people i am lookin to get back into tourney's next yr hopefully i did check out the badminton ladder but its all single matches and i dont want single matches i am more of a doubles player and mixed player i have never been all that great at singles and when i was younger my coaches formed and trained me as a doubles/mixed player.... Anyways i will be going to badminton every thursday now cause it was very enjoyable... do you go on thursday?