User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default A miracle - badminton in DFW

    Hi, all,

    I originate from the Uk and used to be a member of Pembury league badminton club (in the Tunbridge Wells area).

    I am now too old (!! at 49) to take my badminton back to that level, but I would love to have some friendly games with someone who would be patience with my rustiness and get my eye back.

    I haven't even looked for DFW badminton clubs because I never imagined there would be any - but a recent search for (and discovery) of cricket clubs triggered the thought "hey, what about badminton?"

    Sharon

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dallas,TX. (From India)
    Posts
    980
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi,
    We have a pretty "healthy" badminton club here in dallas.
    Although not very popular in dallas, there are a lot of serious players hailing from dallas.
    Dallas, TX- Reverchon Recreation Center, Mondays, 7-10PM, 3 courts & Sat 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. $5/day for shuttles 214-670-7720 mostly doubles
    Dallas, TX- Samuel Grand Recreation Center- Tue/Thu. 7:00-9:00 pm., 3 courts, mostly doubles, $4/day for shuttles. 214-670-1383

    Quote Originally Posted by hobnobkitkat
    Hi, all,

    I originate from the Uk and used to be a member of Pembury league badminton club (in the Tunbridge Wells area).

    I am now too old (!! at 49) to take my badminton back to that level, but I would love to have some friendly games with someone who would be patience with my rustiness and get my eye back.

    I haven't even looked for DFW badminton clubs because I never imagined there would be any - but a recent search for (and discovery) of cricket clubs triggered the thought "hey, what about badminton?"

    Sharon

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Sharon welcome to BC forum and have fun.

    Hope you will find some good place and start playing badminton back.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Watauga
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default any more venues for badminton in dfw?

    Hi all

    I am also interested in badminton venues in the fort worth area. are there any? I am a badminton player from South Africa and just recently played on a trip back home. I would like to get back into it, even though they have changed the doubles rules!!

    thanks
    Kevin

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fairbanks,AK
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello ,

    just moved to dallas from fairbanks, alaska. I am used to playing badminton 7 days a week out there. DO you know any other places in town, close to murphy area, where i can play badminton ?


    I would really appreciate if you could help me out.
    vad_srikar@hotmail.com

    Srikar

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Watauga
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink DFW venues

    Hi Malayali

    any venues in Fort Worth that you know about?

    Quote Originally Posted by malayali
    Hi,
    We have a pretty "healthy" badminton club here in dallas.
    Although not very popular in dallas, there are a lot of serious players hailing from dallas.
    Dallas, TX- Reverchon Recreation Center, Mondays, 7-10PM, 3 courts & Sat 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. $5/day for shuttles 214-670-7720 mostly doubles
    Dallas, TX- Samuel Grand Recreation Center- Tue/Thu. 7:00-9:00 pm., 3 courts, mostly doubles, $4/day for shuttles. 214-670-1383

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dallas,TX. (From India)
    Posts
    980
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Unfortunately, i do not know any places in Fort Worth... sorry

    Quote Originally Posted by skjacks69
    Hi Malayali
    any venues in Fort Worth that you know about?

  8. #8
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Maybe you can try this link..

    Quote Originally Posted by skjacks69
    Hi Malayali

    any venues in Fort Worth that you know about?
    ..skjacks69, sorry i'm not from Texas, but you can try this link:
    http://sbabadminton.org/wheretoplay/tx.htm ...i think you're closer to Dallas area, good luck-

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Watauga
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thank for trying to help -the dallas locations you mentioned are way to far for me to travel. if you do hear of anything please let me know.

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bedford, TX (Dallas-Ft Worth)
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello guys. I am Bulgarian and I live in Bedford, TX which is in the Dallas - Ft Worth metroplex area (right in the middle and close by the DFW airport). I just came back from a 2 week vacation in Bulgaria where I had the chance to play again badminton. I saw in the thread that there are 2 clubs in Dallas and no info if there is some in forth worth or other areas of the metroplex.
    Does anyone know if there is a place to play the game around the Hurst-Bedford-Euless area? I'd appreciate any info on that.
    Also, regarding the 2 clubs in Dallas, are they near any Trinity Railway Express (TRE) station? I don't want to fight all that Dallas trafic.
    Again thanks in advance for any info.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here is a list of several places to play in DFW:
    http://dallasbadmintonclub.com/Main%..._Locations.htm

    Seems that 2 centers in Irving are closest to Bedford.

  12. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bedford, TX (Dallas-Ft Worth)
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks! I'll check these out.



    Quote Originally Posted by ruguma View Post
    Here is a list of several places to play in DFW:
    http://dallasbadmintonclub.com/Main%..._Locations.htm

    Seems that 2 centers in Irving are closest to Bedford.

Similar Threads

  1. Where to Buy GOSEN MIRACLE LIGHT 50/60
    By Scene in forum Market Place
    Replies: 0
    : 09-21-2011, 11:19 PM
  2. WTB: MIRACLE LIGHT 50 or 60 Brand New/Used
    By Scene in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 09-21-2011, 11:17 PM
  3. Badminton Miracle Drink
    By ants in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 27
    : 11-10-2009, 09:25 PM
  4. Miracle of Indonesia
    By Bao in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 18
    : 09-20-2006, 10:08 PM
  5. Badminton 'The Miracle on Cotton' (sfgate.com)
    By USAer in forum World Championships 2005
    Replies: 0
    : 08-25-2005, 12:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •