How to Keep Consistency?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by afham07, Sep 14, 2006.

1. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys,

I have one problem here which is I am not inconsistent in my games. What should I do guys?

FYI, I like badminton a lot. If can, I want to play badminton 3 times per day. haha .. but .. the more I play, the weaker player I am. Let say I stop playing for 2 months. After 2 months stop playing, I think, my form is far better for 1st few games than I training 2-3 times per week.

Do you have any Idea guys? What should I do?

2. morewood

morewood Regular Member

"I am not inconsistent"

At least if your consistent in your inconsistancy theres something that can be done. How much are you actually playing? And at what level?

Then where are your incosistencies, is it a particular shot, a move, technique, concentration or does your whole game just suddenly fall apart?

3. Antiiies

Antiiies Regular Member

student / badminton player
    hi!
    i think you problem is the stamina, if you skip one of the badminton hours and start running.
    Then you get the stamina you will get the tence to consentrate on the techniq.

You'r friend Anton

4. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    antiies probably right. people often start making poor shots when they're tired.
    u can also try doing drills at shots ur inconsistent at

5. Ranmira

Ranmira Regular Member

EEE Student
    Concerning drills, may I recommend getting someone, preferably a coach, to take a look at the strokes that aren't consistent? You might be missing a minor detail which causes the inconsistency.

6. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    ahh .. type error .. sorry .. haha .. "im not consistent!!" <-- Correction .. :p ..

I usually playing 2-3 times per week and 2 hours per time. Im neither beginner nor intermediate player. maybe in between.

my problem is Im too excited to playing badminton but in court, I can feel dat my movement, techniques, etc are not mine. I cant perform as usual.

but, if im stop playing to 2 month then continue after it, my form is superb!!

I dont think i have problem with stamina because I start to feel that I lost my consistency just after hit the bird 4-5 times ..

7. morewood

morewood Regular Member

So its most likely your movement that’s the weak link, after all if your not in the right place how can you hit the shot correctly. Put the racquet down for a minute or two and practice moving round the court.

What I found best with our juniors was coloured markers, one in each corner, players to return too a ready point between calls. Then get another junior to call out a colour and the player on court has to go to the marker and return to ready, waiting the next call. Its amazing how much court you cover in 30 too 60 seconds.

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    agree. do drills. playing games are ok. but you will gain consistency much faster by doing drills and learning to hit with the correct technique.

9. PandaLord

PandaLord Regular Member

Student
    Same problem as him here. I have good technique, but i screw up by doing stupid things like hit the ball out, messing up easy net kills (hits net or even worse: smash towards my own side of court), accidentally not hitting hard enough (somtimes to prevent it from going out) and giving them smash shots, etc.

Its to the point where once i was considered to be the 'winning' teammate, but now i think its quite embarassing, they prolly dont admit it but id prolly be in the losing team with any of my friends :(.