Miracle of Indonesia

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by Bao, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Bao

Bao Regular Member

In 2005, Indonesia only delegate 10 their top players, very small Squad I think. but see how dangerous they are in World Campionship 2005. they pick 3 tickets in Final and two of them get the tittle, again with only 10 players. in only three categories.
    this year their player are getting worse and Indonesia still confidence delegating only 11 players with 6 same players as previously. Will indonesia Surprising World again as 2005? its very intresting to be followed.:rolleyes:

2. seawell

seawell Regular Member

3. seawell

seawell Regular Member

Indonesian men's doubles face tough task at badminton worlds

Once a dominant force in badminton, the Indonesian men's doubles are losing their ground and have a long shot at next week's world championships in Madrid.

The duo of Luluk Hadiyanto and Alvent Yulianto, currently ranked ninth in the world, have yet to win a title in their eight tournaments this year, with their best results a semifinal finish at the Indonesia Open and Asian badminton championships.

Juniors Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan, now ranked 10th, won the Hong Kong Open on Sept. 3.

"They still have a chance but it's going to be tough," national trainer Lius Pongoh was quoted Thursday by The Jakarta Post newspaper as saying.

Indoenesia has won the men's doubles six times since 1977 when the event was included at the world championships.

Alvent was more cautious, saying he would take it one step at a time.

"We may have a relatively easy draw in the event but the third round will be a tougher test."

Alvent/Luluk will benefit from a first-round bye, meeting the winner between Glenn Warfe/Ross Smith of Australia and Dean Choppe/Matthew Fogarty of the US in the second round.

They are likely to face top seeds Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun of China in the quarterfinals.

Kido/Hendra meet Ali Shahhoseini/Golam Reza Bagheri of Iran in the first round and are likely to face Sudhet Prapakamol/Patapol Ngernsrisuk of Thailand in the next round.

"There's no domination in the men's doubles today," said badminton great Christian Hadinata, who won the world champion title in 1980.

"They only need to focus on their match and maintain their condition."

However, Alvent said he was still unhappy with the 21-point scoring system.

"I don't like it. It makes the game move so fast... without we realizing it, it's over."

Source: Xinhua

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

seawell, thanks for this link...btw, in the article, i didn't notice coach Christian's name..probably they forgot to add his name..:rolleyes: :p

5. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    a small squad is a special force :)

6. eskey

eskey Regular Member

Christian Hadinata didn't go with the team. He didn't get VISA. Not sure whether he will go later or not going at all.

http://www.bolanews.com/edisi-cetak/bultang.htm

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

alright, thanks for the info, eskey....should be interesting who will the 2 young MD pairs will rely on for coaching from the sideline..:rolleyes:
    BTW, eskey, you must be Indonesian??..;)

#7 ctjcad, Sep 16, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Small squad with big mission. Certainly, PBSI know what they do! Good Luck for 11 musketeer!

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I will be happy enough if the squad comes back with 1 title (most probably from the mixed doubles).

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

yah, that's more realistic...;) ...The 2 MD pairs could make a bit of run, but i doubt they'll go far. R16 is more realistic. I'll be quite surprise if either or both of them go as far as the QF or even SF.
    As for Taufik, hmm, i'm afraid with his early match on Monday, who knows how much stamina even if he's able to advance and go further in the tournament, considering all the reports that he didn't do much training in preparation(Remember in last yr's WC, i believe he didn't start playing til the 2nd or 3rd day of competition). Not this yr....we'll see, hopefully he won't create another scene during his match and just play his match as usual..;) :p

#10 ctjcad, Sep 17, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This time he has no excuses. It's on neutral ground...aww, he'll probably blame the umpire or service judge instead.:crying:

12. eskey

eskey Regular Member

yes, you are correct. I am Indonesian :)

13. Bao

Bao Regular Member

Day-3 20 09 2006- NO womens of Indonesia

as predicted before, no women of Indonesia will survive untill 3rd round, Fransisca Ratnasari lost to Malaysian MWC in 2nd Round. and Jo NOvita/Gresya Poli lost to no 1 seeded GL/HS in 3rd Round:(

THe Rest of very confident squad untill 3rd round are:
    Alven-Luluk
    Kido-Setiawan
    Widianto-Natsir
    Taufik Hidayat (will play againts Cheng-Hong)
    Sony Dwi Kuncoro (will play againts Bao Chun Lai)

will miracle occur again by Indonesian?:rolleyes:

14. kobe77sg

kobe77sg Regular Member

the coach is Herry IP

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

ah, it's him...thanks for the info, kobe77sg:)

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As always...Ko Herry is the coach. Interestingly, if you watch the Korea Open MD Final, he was the one coaching Tony/Candra :eek: They were the pair who beat Kido/Hendra the previous day...and were not even representing Pelatnas :cool:

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I am not hoping much from Sony...a win will represent a miracle given his form.

I am more hoping for Kido/Hendra to win..and prove that they are ready to take on the best! Seems like ppl here are still not convinced of their ability :cool:

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..yah, that's quite interesting..perhaps koh Herry did it as a friendly gesture to his ex-compatriots...:rolleyes: ;) :cool:

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..personally, sure, i'm "convinced" in their talent and determination. If they don't have those, i don't think they will be in this spot, would they??:rolleyes: ..But since this is the WC, their first ever & where all the best are playing, i will "be convinced" w/their "ability to become WC" when they actually *reach* the Final...hehe:p;):D