Players Needed for Sat Afternoon Sessions

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by escalader, Sep 17, 2006.

1. escalader

escalader Regular Member

Hi everyone.

Our badminton group is looking out for new kakis to join us.

We are a group that plays in Kampong Glam CC (along Beach Rd, next to the Hawker Centre) every Sat afternoon when possible. Information about game sessions is dissseminated via email through a yahoogroup mailing list. We usually play for at least 3 hours with at least 2 to 3 courts. If the Kampong Glam CC venue is not available, we play in either Ulu Pandan CC (near Buona Vista MRT) or Cairnhill CC (near Newton MRT). Costs for courts and shuttercocks to be shared equally and collected during each session, about $5 or $6, depending on location and turnout. We use Pro Tec PT-10 shuttercocks.

Due to declining members (injuries, lack of interest, work commitments), I am looking out for 2 to 5 players who are committed and can commit most Saturdays (at least 3 Sat a month) to the sessions. Our players (about 16 to 20+ each session) range from low intermediate to intermediate level with two or three beginner level. We have a few girls among us (about 4 to 6). We are mostly in our 30s and are passionate about badminton. You must be prepared to play with players of lower skills level. However, you can also have some fast and good game of badminton too. Prima donnas or people with bad sportsmanship need not apply. :)

If you are interested, pls leave your contact or drop me a PM to arrange some tryout sessions to see if our standard is to your expectations. Dun have too high expectations though. :eek:

Thank you.

2. Scanner

Scanner Regular Member

Accounts
    do u accept guest player? if i m free from work i drop by. is this
    acceptable? do u have a lady player by the name of vivien, just
    checking.

cheers

3. escalader

escalader Regular Member

Hi,

I am looking out for players who can commit. For ad hoc players or guests, I will post in BC whenever I am lack of players for a particular session. Sorry about that Scanner.

BTW, I do know of a lady player named Vivien but she plays in Ulu Pandan CC. Not from my group but her group plays in Ulu Pandan CC previously. Have not seen her for sometime.

Just to reply to some queries re my previous post, we play only doubles (mixed, men and ladies) and info about upcoming games are posted via yahoogroups mailing list. Those who are interested can join in a few sessions to tryout before I include your name into the mailing list. The only requirements I have is that you are at least high beginner to intermediate level and most imptly, be able to commit majority Sats to the games. In case you cannot make it for any sessions, you must remember to inform me so that I can ask for ad hoc players if attendance is really low. This is because I book and pay for courts 2 weeks in advance.

Regards

4. chinsiong25

chinsiong25 New Member

we would like to join ur group

hi escalader,

we would like to join ur group. alraedy pm you. hope to hear from you soon. thanks

calvin

5. Scanner

Scanner Regular Member

Accounts
    hi, i fully understand you coz me also organiser myself, and
    most of the time people like you make a lost when not enough
    players.

cheers

6. escalader

escalader Regular Member

So far, majority of the pple in my group has been commited and although there was once or twice when the attendance is really low, I managed to avoid a loss by using the shuttercocks from my "float" - I usually have a floating pool of about one tube of shuttercocks which was accumulated from previous sessions for really low attendance sessions. Hence, controlling the shuttercocks is how I avoid making a loss. Of cos, if the attendance is really dismal, this will also not work (So far haven happened - touch wood :eek:). That is why its impt to have responsible members who will notify you when they are not turning up. :)

7. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Is this group still on? If so, normally u guys play at wat time?

8. escalader

escalader Regular Member

Hi. Yes, the group is still around, been around for sometime now. We usually play at 2pm. However, we have achieved the recruitment target as 5 new players had just joined us.

9. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    The location is fixed or might be changing if no courts avaliable?

10. escalader

escalader Regular Member

Location is fixed unless there is some events going on in which case we will play at some other CCs, as mentioned in my first post.

11. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

this Sat (7 Oct 2006) you guys have games ?
    I may go to Kampung Glam CC at 2pm to meet someone who will play there.
    Just come and watch the games ............

12. escalader

escalader Regular Member

Hi Maa,

Already PM you.

13. jon75yan

jon75yan New Member

Engineer
  14. escalader

escalader Regular Member

Yes, we are still playing every Sat. Now playing in one of the school halls in Woodlands.:)