Places to play in Stockholm

Discussion in 'Europe' started by haredw0, Sep 17, 2006.

1. haredw0

haredw0 Regular Member

Hi,

I am badminton fans from Asia and I will be in Stockholm from Sept 24 - 30 and would love to play and smash some shuttle, please let me know if you have a group playing near Stockholm.

Thanks.

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

3. nicoinstockholm

nicoinstockholm New Member

Hi all,

i'm also definitely looking for badminton partners in the stockholm area!! I used to play a lot when i was in france, and i would really enjoy to play here!

I know two places where it is possible to rent courts and play : frescatihallen or södermalmstadion...Anyone interested, just send me an email or pm or whatever...;)

Bye

Nico

4. thizizhenry

thizizhenry New Member

Hi!

I'm currently an exchange student in KTH from Hong Kong and am a big fan of badminton.

I would like to seek some good badminton players to play with me in Stockholm. I have been playing badminton for 7 years, but I am not a professional competition player. It'd be a great learning opportunity for me to play with some challenging players. :)

Also I would love to join a good training club to train myself better footworks. I will be staying in Stockholm for a few months, from now to the end of May. Do you have some suggestions? I've heard of Täby Badminton Club, but it seems to me it's far away? (forgive my ignorance of swedish geography). How much?

Recently, I have plenty of free time. If you're free and interested in playing with me. Please tell me. Tack tack!:)

Nico, are you still in Stockholm?

Henry

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Hi Henry!

You can check out
    http://www.badminton.nu/Organisation.aspx?OrgElementId=104

the selection-listbox after the "Föreningar" on the page is the local stockholm clubs, you can select to get contact info.

That said I think most of the clubs usually have limited courts and usually do not expect drop-in players, so its better to contact some of the clubs beforehand, maybe ssek some private coaching to get help to establish what level your game is, to find appropriate playing groups/Sessions.

The most central stockholm badminton venues are Tennis-stadion (very close to KTH main campus), and Badminton-Stadion at Södermalm.

Täby has some coaches from China, so that may be of intrest for you if you speak chinese..

good luck,
    Twobeer

6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Hopefully, the Mainland Chinese coaches at Taby speaks Cantonese or thizizhenry speaks Mandarian. :D

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Ooh, I though they all just spoke Chinese (just kidding) :D ....

At least Zhang Yi there used to play for Guangdong province team, so I guess he speaks Cantonese ;)

/Twobeer

8. thizizhenry

thizizhenry New Member

Thank you, guys!
    It would be great that the coach speaks cantonese! But mandarin would be fine too. By the way, do you know some other players living in Stockholm in this forum? Maybe we can have a badminton event. :)

9. haredw0

haredw0 Regular Member

Hi, I will be back in Stockholm between Sept 16 - 21 and looking for some friendly games, preferably Single game but double is just fine. My office is near Soder Malarstrand.

If you have any info about where to play or keen to have a small friendly match, please let me know.

Looking forward your reply guys!

10. adalia

adalia Regular Member

Nice forum

[FONT=&quot]Welcome to this site! It is reliable information encountered here. Through discussions we can learn more about the things. If you don’t know yet the places you will be informed here and visualized it because of the pictures found here. Visit and be one of the great lucky.[/FONT]

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I thought you should be in the introduction thread.

In any case, we welcome all who are interested in badminton. Indeed badminton in the Philppines has soared so much higher and the prize money for the Philippine Open has increased.

Hope you'll stay long here. :)

12. gustaff

gustaff Regular Member

Work
    I live just outside Stockholm, in Nacka. :cool:

Unfortunately i believe that I would stand a second against you guys...

13. ana_isa

ana_isa Regular Member

student
    Hi!
    you can rent badminton courts in stockolm??? Cool! I would like to know how must time you can play when you rent and how much do you pay for it?
    Starting renting badminton courts in Portugal is ideal if you want to be a homeless! But I would enjoy know how that works in other countries!

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    The badminton courts are usually rented on hourly basis.. Prices vary quite much. it is for example much less expensive to rent one hour during datima, than evening etc.. it is also rebates for students etc. and also rebate coupongs for prepaid hours etc..

Prices I've sen vary from 70 Swedish kronor to 160 per hour...

Some places also offers season-cards entitling you to play on courts not occupied, as a good deal. But then you are not guaranteed to have court available..

cheers,
    Twobeer

15. ana_isa

ana_isa Regular Member

student

Thanks you very much

bye

16. amtabish

amtabish New Member

Doctor
    hi
    i would like to play Badminton