Taufik Will Be Banned From Playing This Wc 2006

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by indra, Sep 17, 2006.

1. indra

indra Regular Member

I read an Indonesian newspaper (seputar Indonesia) today Monday 18 Sep 2006, IBF will impose a sanction on Taufik (banning him for 3 - 6 months from playing international matches) effective immediately....

I wonder whether IBF has issued its decision?

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

yes, there's another post regarding this matter..see http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36087&page=5
    If i'm not mistaken, I believe i saw an English version of this article; but i forgot which site was it from..:rolleyes: :p

3. pramilainc

pramilainc Regular Member

ACGT
  4. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    Is that real????? I will be very disappointed if it's real!!!!!!

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    the ban is good and bad by ibf.
    good :shows ibf is doing something.
    bad: it took too long to decide, twirling their fingers.
    taufik might had trained up for the 06 WC but now can't play.
    It would pisses off taufik than lessen learned by taufik.

#5 cooler, Sep 17, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  6. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    Finally IBF decides to ban TH..
    About time.

7. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    I think the article imply that the ban will start after WC2006
    However dont know how much this announcement will affect his performance during WC2006 which begins today!
    If they proceed with the ban after WC2006 then I have a strong feeling Taufik will retire from badminton:(

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

thanks for the link, pramilainc..yah, that looks like the same translated article that was posted in another thread..;)

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

IMO, IBF should listen to both parties' accounts before making any decision(s)..

hmm, i think prior to making their decision, IBF must confer and sit down with the HK Open organizer, referee and umpire and maybe the linejudge. If PBSI has given their side of the story, then IBF must hear from both sides. So, both sides have to give their own accounts. Unfortunately, i doubt if IBF will approve a "3rd witness" to this(ahem, ahem). Eventhough we(BC/BF) do have photographical proof of the incident..
    The interesting thing abt this is that, until now, we haven't heard/saw any sort of "apology(ies)", esp. from Taufik's/PBSI's camp..:rolleyes: :p

#9 ctjcad, Sep 17, 2006
  10. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

Let's wait how IBF's decision would be. My guess is, PBSI will defend Taufik. At first we read PBSI's official (Rudy Hartono) said that he worry Taufik will be discipined by IBF, but after PBSI claryfing the matters to Taufik on what really happened on Hongkong Open, (that he left the game at the request/challenge/consent by the umpire), then PBSI become sure that Taufik will escape the sanction. I am not so sure, though.

As for Taufik's retirement... actually Indonesian media often ask Taufik about this. So far Taufik's answer was -as I remember it- that he will keep playing as long as he is able to play. And if he is indeed to retire, he says he knows what he is doing with his life.... Will this 'naughty boy' be missed?:)

11. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

If they do ban him, and if he decides to continue playing after the ban, then I hope at least that he'll use this time to think and get his mind straight. And hopefully come back much more motivated and sportsmanlike!

I hope you're joking... if not then way to wildly overreact. God you speak like he's a terrorist or something :rolleyes:.

12. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    TH will retire

TH will retire if ibf ban him

he's a revolt :)

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

I also read this issue in Reuters South Africa-online --> IBF events commitee chairman P.Rangsikitpho has said TH's Hongkong walkout will be dealt with by IBF officials gathered in Madrid for the c'ships which start on Monday.A ban of three to six months is thought possible.-- Bad sign of course for TH! If IBF decide 3 month ban, TH can't retain his AG Gold Medal in Doha next December which is the biggest aim for himself this year comparing 15th edition worldmeet.And if he will banned for 6 month, he must forget to fight ahead All England/07 (one prestigious title that he has never won so far).What an anticlimax if his bright bdm-career will ending with the IBF's ban!

14. pramilainc

ACGT
    I'm kinda joking of course and kinda over-reacting. If IBF ban him and if PBSI decides stand by Taufik rather than IBF decision then it would highlight how helpless Indonesian badmintno is without Taufik. I hope that does not happen, rather PBSI is man enough to accept the ruling and concentrate on their badminton sans Taufik. After all just because he brought glory to Indoneisan badminton, doesnt mean he owns it. Should he misbehave he should be punished like any other.

Best case would be PBSI imposes the ban themselves, but I think we are past that now...

15. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    The WC2006 is already underway, can they ban him so suddenly? and is he OFFICIALLY banned from playing right now?

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..I concur with the above, with or without the "banning" of TH..;)

17. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Ah, sorry that's ok then :). Whenever I say something like that it just about always turns out that the person is joking hehe. Maybe I should just shutup :D

#17 phaarix, Sep 17, 2006
  18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    although i had written alot about taufik's infraction, in my opinion, i think pbsi should be penalized the most, since they produced taufik and should accept the most responsibility of taufik's action. A true leader accept responsibility of his subordinate. If a kid is a brat, i dont blame the kid as much as on his/her parents. Since this is taufik's first real infraction, i would just fine taufik with a token dollar amount($1000), and really fine pbsi ($30,000 or estimated pbsi gain from this wc). PBSI loves money and fining them hit them harder than a ban. A taufik ban hurt badminton and indonesian fans, counterproductive in my opinion. I'm sure 30k wont kill the pbsi, they can earn that back from wc sponsorship. If pbsi thinks it's a joke, make the next infraction fine 60k

#18 cooler, Sep 17, 2006
  19. pramilainc

ACGT
    I don't think they have banned him yet. Just that it is a possiblity. Anyway dont' think IBF would ban him in the middle of WC, merely because it will take the spotlight off the courts.

20. pramilainc

ACGT
    Banishing would'nt help anyway. He probly defect to singapore and continue to be pampered, rather than learn his lesson :D