Kwang from Singapore

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by tkteo, Sep 18, 2006.

1. tkteo

tkteo Regular Member

Student
    Hello everyone. I have resumed playing badminton after several years of being lazy and inactive. I am quite surprised to see that there are so many brands of rackets and strings now. For example where strings are concerned I only remember seeing Yonex, Gosen and Ashaway, but now even ProAce, Apacs, RSL, etc. also release many models of strings.

I had to buy new rackets cos I left my old Kawasaki (3U) and Yang Yang (4U) rackets (forgot the models) behind in the USA. My current rackets are:

1) Protech Max Nano 6000 (4U), with Pacific PC80 (0.68mm) at 23 pounds

2) Arrowpoint Nano TI Power 6065 (supposedly also 4U, but does not feel like it), also Pacific PC80 at 23 pounds

3) Karakal M-Tec 80, with Ashaway MicroPower (supposedly 0.66mm, see my thread in the string forum wondering whether this is really true) at 24 pounds (but lost tension very quicky :( )

Some reactions on my new rackets and strings: The Protech and Arrowpoint use the same string at the same tension, but the Arrowpoint just feels less responsive, more sluggish, heavier than its stated 4U. I am still undecided about the Karakal because of the quick tension loss on the MicroPower. Maybe I should just string it with PC80 next time so I can have a more equal comparison.

Meanwhile, a hello to everyone. Hope to be of help to some of you in future, and thanks in advance for answering any questions I will pose in the future.

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Welcome to BCBF Family Kwang. :) Feel free at home

3. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Hello

Hi Kwang,
    Welcome to BC Forum. Which part of Spore are u from? Hope u enjoy yr posting and discussion here.
    Lee:D

4. tkteo

tkteo Regular Member

Student
    I live in the "Pek Kio" neighborhood. The Cambridge Road, Owen Road, Rangoon Road, Farrer Park, Race Course Road, etc. area. This means I can get to Bugis Junction, Sim Lim, Rochor Canal, Mustafa, Little India, even Balestier/Thomson Road/Novena area, quite easily.

Actually I am wondering if there are any badminton clubs in that area. Maybe for inter-constituency?

5. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Hello

Hi tkteo,
    U are looking for inter-con games?:eek: U must be strong n competitive player lah;) I have a group playing at Maxwell road MNB Recreation club on Tuesday and Thursday and Saturday nights. But the ceiling is abit low. If u are interested then pm me.:p
    Lee:D

6. tkteo

tkteo Regular Member

Student
    Oh no, I don't even dare to claim I am exactly intermediate standard; I did play for several years so at least I will never "deprove" down to the beginner level (or so I hope!).

Anyway I checked my constituency: it is Moulmein, and the overall GRC is Tanjong Pagar. I asked about intercon teams in the constituency and GRC because I want to spar against better players so that I can improve and get fitter.

Thanks for your invitation. I will PM you about two weeks from now. Right now I am on enforced break badminton cos I just suffered ankle ligament injury :(

7. prasanthikushal

prasanthikushal Regular Member

Hi Guys...

Any idea of badmention indoor statiums near by Little India , Race Course Road..

I would like to join in a group.

Pls le me know kusalkumar@yahoo.com