User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wind direction problem in the stadium

I read this from the newspaper.... the wind problem is quite worrying especially for players in their first match.. because the stadium is only opened for 1-hour training/team/day before the tournament started..

germany's joppien has said he wants all malaysian fans to remember his name after tomorrow, because he's going to defeat Chong Wei. Joppien had played a match in the first round while Chong Wei got a bye, making Joppien had already get used to handle the wind direction. Joppien himself and Bao Chunlai has said the wind direction in the stadium need some time to get used to.

Zhang Wei/Yu Yang's match with 11th seeds Denmark pair had some conflict in their opening match due to the wind direction problem as well, finally resolved after the chief judge and Li Yongbo had some discussion..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyet
    I read this from the newspaper.... the wind problem is quite worrying especially for players in their first match.. because the stadium is only opened for 1-hour training/team/day before the tournament started..

germany's joppien has said he wants all malaysian fans to remember his name after tomorrow, because he's going to defeat Chong Wei. Joppien had played a match in the first round while Chong Wei got a bye, making Joppien had already get used to handle the wind direction. Joppien himself and Bao Chunlai has said the wind direction in the stadium need some time to get used to.
    I remembered that XXZ also mentioned that LCW skill is still far away from the world class players and XXZ was beaten by LCW at 0-15 during Swiss Open 2006. Now, see how much points that Joppien could get from LCW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zhang Wei/Yu Yang's match with 11th seeds Denmark pair had some conflict in their opening match due to the wind direction problem as well, finally resolved after the chief judge and Li Yongbo had some discussion..
    is it smth to do wif da air-con...? y european like dat 1.. too over confident........ ish.... if he lost to lee chong wei.. i gt nth to say.. he will b in hot water to face da media n his fans.. n dis fella..(Joppien).. i nvr heard his name b4..

p/s: sorry if i offended da europeans.... sorry..not really wanna to hurt u all..i jux straight forward to my opinions..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he can stretch a rubber game from LCW i would say he is good already. LCW should not play it lighly though.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure LCW is ready for it. He is getting feedbacks from the players as well regarding the wind condition in the stadium.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blessing
    is it smth to do wif da air-con...? y european like dat 1.. too over confident........ ish.... if he lost to lee chong wei.. i gt nth to say.. he will b in hot water to face da media n his fans.. n dis fella..(Joppien).. i nvr heard his name b4..

p/s: sorry if i offended da europeans.... sorry..not really wanna to hurt u all..i jux straight forward to my opinions..
    wth? I can't read half of it, what are you trying to say?

as for Joppien: not smart for him to say...he's putting himself under a lot of pressure...and quite possibly humiliation...very possibly...

Joppien is a good player, europe's #3(or4) last time I checked, but like LCW...I dunno..I'd put my money on lcw

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joppien lost to LCW 15-4, 15-3 in the last year Worlds, I personnaly watched this game. Joppien couldn't do nothing, he was overpowered by LCW.

However, I also watched LCW first match in the last year Worlds, he gave away 10 points in the first set by making all unforced errors. The wind situation in the last year Worlds was also pretty bad.

Having seen the progress of both players, LCW is still the favorite to win by at least 70-30 (in my opinion).

Go LCW ...

I talked to him after he lost to Taufik last year, he's a very nice guy and very friendly, he said he would do better this year ... I'm sure he could and would ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A/C draft problem..

..same problem as last yr also, here in Anaheim...Interesting to hear what some of players, esp. Taufik, will have to say abt this recurring condition..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, that was funny from joppien...such cockiness...lcw will beat him easily...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aquaboi
    haha, that was funny from joppien...such cockiness...lcw will beat him easily...
    I don't think Joppien was cocky when he said he would beat LCW in straight sets. He was only joking because he was quick to add "I have never beaten him (LCW) nor do I like to play him. His defence is good and he attacks well. The only advantage I have is that I've had the benefit of playing and adapting to the court conditions". Joppein had already played 1 match yesterday whereas LCW will only play for the 1st time today. There you are, so Joppien was quite humble in fact!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tjun Tjun
    I don't think Joppien was cocky when he said he would beat LCW in straight sets. He was only joking because he was quick to add "I have never beaten him (LCW) nor do I like to play him. His defence is good and he attacks well. The only advantage I have is that I've had the benefit of playing and adapting to the court conditions". Joppein had already played 1 match yesterday whereas LCW will only play for the 1st time today. There you are, so Joppien was quite humble in fact!
    haha...thanks tjun tjun...that's what we call in the philippines "biglang bawi" meaning the statement he made after his initial one is a disclaimer to save face in the event that he loses...but cheers to him for such confidence in facing the world #1...and good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm glad taufik said " no problem with the wind direction"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont think this wind draft problem is as bad as last WC's in US...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think KBH and hafiz already told LCW about the court situation coz they had already play yesterday...So..it should be no problem...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chu Liuxiang
    I remembered that XXZ also mentioned that LCW skill is still far away from the world class players and XXZ was beaten by LCW at 0-15 during Swiss Open 2006. Now, see how much points that Joppien could get from LCW.
    Taufik once also was beaten 15-0 by LCW during MO2005 exactly after winning SO2005 and before winning WC2005 but however that does not determine that XXZ and TH are lousy players. BJ has however increased skiill and could beat LCW. Go ... BJ !!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica
    I think KBH and hafiz already told LCW about the court situation coz they had already play yesterday...So..it should be no problem...
    Correct you here. WMC told him, lah! Remember she played last nite and she should know about the wind conditions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tjun Tjun
    I don't think Joppien was cocky when he said he would beat LCW in straight sets. He was only joking because he was quick to add "I have never beaten him (LCW) nor do I like to play him.
    I thought Joppien said he had beaten Chong Wei once in 1999, now he would like to beat him again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast