Medical Advice

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by MikeD, Sep 19, 2006.

1. MikeD

MikeD Regular Member

Landscaper During Summer
    Now I know im probably going to find some results if I research the forums, but hey, I wouldn't get to post a msg now then would I?

Anyway my problem is, I consistantly have deltoid problems. My physio said they were microtears from over usage. That was over 6 months ago and I believe problem has changed. In any case, I'm having alot of flexibility issues when it comes to abduction of the shoulder (see I knew that exercise science class might come in handy)! So currently to MEND the problem, ive started doing light weights, *5 pound flys* things like that aswell as the stretches my physio gave me. Any other insights?

2. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

active release therapy, hot and cold treaments. Get as much blood to taht area as possible.

3. Chire

Chire Regular Member

You should work out with an elastic band. Shoulder problems are very common with badminton and tennis players. About 6 years ago I had to quit tennis for 6 months as my shoulder hurt everytime i executed a shot.

Generally, weight exercises improve the big muscles that are clearly visible. My physio told me to start doing exercises with elastic bands instead in order to strengthen the small 'deep' muscles that support the joints. I've been doing them ever since and I've experienced no pain whatsoever in my shoulder.

4. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

rotator cuff injury. it's the tendon connected to the rotator on the joint where your arms meet the bones that made your shoulder joint ( colar bone ? I can't explain this in english. just google them for better info)

real delts injury are unlikely, imo. shoulder muscle are strong enough as it is. it help with side/lateral arm raise and pushing something above the head/upward movement. badminton strokes are combination of swinging and forearm twisting movement. so, rotator cuff injury most likely is the culprit.

excercise: shoulder press/military press, push up, side delt. raise, delt flys, etc. go to http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html for anything about muscle strengthening and conditioning. this site is for body building specific, not badminton, but still very useful info if you can ignore most of the supplements commercial.

5. MikeD

MikeD Regular Member

Landscaper During Summer
    My physio said the same for a treatment option, could you possibly send me the excercises that you have?

6. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Librarian, RacketsportsMontreal.ca owner
    You might try getting a second opinion too-- physios that i've had were usually hit or miss and sometimes they had entirely different explanations/solutions.