User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Another Injury Thread - Massive Forearm Pain!

I read the sticky about BC not being a substitute for a doctor, and I'm going to see a doctor ASAP.

I go to college here in Taiwan, and started playing badminton again (3rd year playing) two weeks ago. Since I spend my summers with family in Massachussets, I didn't have a chance to play during summer (finding a court there is harder than anything) - and was probably too motivated to play again.

I've played probably 4-5 times a week, and recently, I've experienced massive pain in the forearm area. Someone asked me if it was muscle or tendon, and said if it was intense and sharp, it was most likely tendon. I think that's the case, and seems to be a different condition than tennis elbow.

Have any people experienced this problem? Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I read the article about tennis elbow and stretching (and how it was actually bad to heat/cool the area) and don't want to do anything "incorrect".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see a doctor. If western medicine dont work try traditional chinese doctors? I go to one quite often cos of my shoulder and lower back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grip and/or wrist.

As you wiggle your fingers you should be able to feel the muscles in the top of your forearm move.

As you move you wrist you will feel the muscles on the top and bottom of your forearm move.

I also used to get forearm pains after playing. Switching (in my case) to a smaller grip and changing (correcting ) my grip on the racquet fixed my problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grip and/or wrist.

As you wiggle your fingers you should be able to feel the muscles in the top of your forearm move.

As you move your wrist you will feel the muscles on the top and bottom of your forearm move.

I also used to get forearm pains after playing. Switching (in my case) to a smaller grip and changing (correcting ) my grip on the racquet fixed my problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Forearm Pain

take a look at this site, I too am having forearm pain.

http://www.selfcare4rsi.com/forearm-pain-symptoms.html

hope this helps!