Here are the directions to L'am

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Creative, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Creative

Creative Guest

Anyone too lazy to scroll through the link, "Anyone play at L'am....," here are the directions to L'am community centre:

Corner of McNicoll & Kennedy. Right now there is construction at the intersection of McNicoll and Kennedy. Anyone heading to L'amoureux from the north, please take Birchmount and then turn on to McNicoll and drive straight ahead and L'am is on your left. My friend didn't know and he had to take Birchmount. If coming from the south, take Kennedy and then one street before McNicoll and Kennedy, turn left and drive to the end of the street and make a right turn. At the lights, you make a right turn and L'am is on your left. Hope the directions are easy to follow. More people show up the more fun it will be. :)

2. joseph

joseph Guest

hi creative! i'm interested in attending this sunday badminton thing... but i'm too lazy to find out where mcnicoll is... can you tell me where that is? markham? scarborough? north of south of steeles. i definitely know where kennedy is, but not familiar with mcnicoll. i find playing only once a week at the u of t badminton club is not enough for me...

anyways, thanx!

3. Creative

Creative Guest

Halo Joseph. L'amoreux community centre is in Scarborough. The centre is situated two blocks south of Pacific Mall(if you are Chinese then you know where Pacific Mall is located) on Kennedy. It's on the northwest corner of Kennedy and McNicholl. McNicholl is actually situated right between Kennedy and Finch. hope you know where McNicholl is located. Just follow the directions I have posted above and you should have no problem finding it. See you Sunday. :) Note: do give a physical description of yourself so we know who to look for. There are nine courts to choose from so there will be plenty of space to play.

4. joseph

joseph Guest

hi creative! thanx for you directions! is the place open all day? is it air conditionned there? and who should i be looking for if i attend? i just found place on this site. i don't know anyone there and not sure what the proper procedure there.

if i do attend, i'll be short chinese guy ~5'5", and wearing black track pants and maybe a gray U of T t-shirt. i'll be using a mp77.

5. Creative

Creative Guest

Joseph, the hours for badminton are 8:00am-2:00pm on Sundays. Should be plenty of time to play and have a good workout. The building is air conditioned but the gym is not. But the place is very cool even without a/c. As it is in the morning, the temperature is quite cool so the inside temperature is comfortable. When you enter the gym, the person in charge will approach you for the fee. He is Ken. He approached me when I entered and asked for $4.00. he will then tell you how the club is ran. Then just get yourself ready and start playing. I went alone also as my friend was busy but I felt very comfortable as the people there are very friendly. Here are the directions to get to the gym while you enter the building: Walk downstairs when you get inside the building. The stairs is right in front when you enter the building. Go down the stairs and make a left and you will see mens and ladies washrooms. You will see one gym right beside the washrooms, don't go in there. Go through the doors beside the first gym and continue walking. You will hear the beautiful sounds of smashes and you are there.

6. Creative

Creative Guest

Forgot to mention, shuttles(plastic) are provided. Yonex Mavis 300 and 350 shuttles.