Has anyone else have problems with directsports-eshop.com??

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by PPJ_:-), Sep 21, 2006.

1. PPJ_:-)

PPJ_:-) New Member

I tried to buy a reasonably price racquet so I went onto this website advertised here on the left panel. They are a.k.a Northern Racket Sports based in Stockton on Tees.

After a lot of extensive research, comparison, dealing with their internet security issues and anticipation, I did not receive my Prince racquet :mad: Instead, the so-called director verbally abused me on the phone and gave me an earful, I subsequently spent an entire morning on the phone with my credit card company to sort out this mess... BE WARNED! :(

Now I have to put all these in writing to my credit card company.... their local trading standards office just referred me to my local trading standards... and suggested that I wait 14 days. I don't think so. They swore at me on the phone and hung up before I could ask for refund!! My credit card has been abused by these devious traders before, so I am not going to wait. So much headaches to save a few quid... :eek: very bad decision on my part...

Is there a good place to buy Prince rackets. They don't seem very popular in the UK...

2. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    I think I've used them twice and each time I got exactly what I wanted and fairly promptly too. On my second order, amongst other things, I had ordered a pair of trainers. I got a call from a very nice woman who said that the trainers in my size were out of stock and asked whether I would like to order a different pair or wait for their stock to come in.

On the basis of my limited experience I would recommend them to others. Although you could also try www.centralsports.co.uk

#2 crosscourt, Sep 21, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  3. Rich1707

Rich1707 Regular Member

Computers
  4. j_e_thompson

j_e_thompson Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Used Direct Sports and Central Sports quite a few times and never had any problems with either of them.

5. Bugbait

Bugbait Regular Member

Unless my new Yonex turns out to be fake I can recommend Direct Sports as well. Ordered around 1pm on Wednesday and received it just after 9am on Friday morning (today) on standard delivery. Everything was in the box and undamaged.

6. spamfritters

spamfritters New Member

I see this post is 6 years after the last post but they are still offering a shocking service.

I would advise everyone to avoid this shop like the plague. If anything goes wrong customer service do not care and even hung up on me.

In summary I ordered two rackets and was told it was in stock many times and a month later I am still waiting for my 'in-stock' racket. After many unreturned calls and promises they have sent it, they have confirmed it wasn;t sent and needs to be ordered from Wilson so will be a few days. It has been one disater after another and I've cancelled the order in the end.

Very unhappy with this dreadful service.