Peter Gade vs Lin Dan

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by FeintMan, Sep 22, 2006.

1. FeintMan

FeintMan Regular Member

Hello!!
    Does anybody know how many matches have Peter and Lin Dan played between them until now?
    And the numbers of wins of everyone??
    If not, do you know somewhere to find it?

Thank you!!!

2. pandee720

pandee720 Regular Member

for the matches between lin dan and peter gade, you'll probably have to watch a badminton dvd and usually the announcer (usually jillian clark or whatever her name was) will announce how many times they previously met and what the outcomes were. as for the number of wins, i have no idea...

3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
  4. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    You are quite right :) Thomas Cup 06 is missing and Lin Dan won that one! :D So it should be 8-2 to Lin Dan (or more :confused: ).
    jamesd20, thanks for the info anyway [​IMG]:)

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    couldn't decide to put this here or china domination thread, since it has PG and LD, so i posted here:D

Published: 1:00PM GMT 09 Mar 2010

Gade, the only Westerner seeded in either badminton singles event of the 100th championship starting on Wednesday, is concerned that badminton's shop-window does not shrink into just one area of the globe.

"It's important to have a lot of different countries in the top game," said the former world number one from Denmark, who has often taken on the might of China alone.

"It's too narrow and we need a lot more players coming forward - we need youngsters from other countries coming up," added Gade, whose All-England title in 1999 happened in a year when the five titles went to five different countries.

Last year by contrast, all five twent to China for the first time. It was the first time in the three decades of the open era that one country had achieved that.

But even at the age of 33 Gade has not ruled out winning the All-England again, and he also offered hope for players of other countries.

"Apart from Lin Dan, all the other Chinese players have been beaten," the fifth seed said.

"I have beaten them, and Lee Chong Wei has too. In a few years time when Lin Dan is not there, it will be possible to do well against the Chinese.

"He's exceptional: he's one of the best players ever in the history of badminton. Maybe the best. I have lost to him on a number of big occasions. If he had not been there - what might have happened?"

Lin is seeded only second, having missed the first two Super Series tournaments of the year, whilst Lee, the winner in Seoul and Kuala Lumpur, is top seed.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

That's quite true..window is still there..

..that rings so true and Gade is probably not the only other one to ponder the same possibility. I'm sure Datuk LCW and yes, the Wild Child of Badminton are thinking about the same;)....just 3 more yrs, but it depends whether their body will hold up..;)

7. V_forever

V_forever Regular Member

Student
    my friend im not so sure about that, believe me even if LD retires China will be the nation to beat, sports like badminton are taken so seriously in China that by the time LD does retire, someone will be right there to take his spot.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^So..^^

..tell me, my good friend:
    a. Who is in line next to replace Lin Dan?..
    b. Who do you think will be the "next" Lin Dan??..
    c. Who will carry Lin Dan's torch??..
    :confused:

9. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

True. CJ, CL and BCL are nowhere nearly as dominant as LD can be, at best they will be the next CH, XXZ or SJ.

But perhaps suddenly one day there will be another guy just like LD was. To go from no name to world #1 in just one year, and that's THE ONE. :)

Back to the topic though, what is the H2H between Gade and LD? I recall Gade only beat LD once in China Master some years ago, so what is the other occasion?

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

that u have to wait until after LD and xxf get married and starts a family;)

11. V_forever

V_forever Regular Member

Student
    The argument wasn't to replace LD was it? Once LD retires, which no one knows when it will be( How many years will his current competitors have? LCW, Taufik? Gade?...) The argument is that China will always be the nation to beat in badminton (MS; CJ just to name one and you think LYB will just watch China MS fall out of place once LD retires?) WS: Countless, WYH, WL LL JYJ and knowing that ZN just took over as head coach, it will continue to stay top for years to come)

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Who is the "Next Chosen One" after LD??..

..yes, one day. But i was referring on the comment by Gade, referring to the chances of him winning another AE once Lin Dan retires in the very near future/"in the few years time" (meaning after the 2012 OG).
    - My comment was in reference to Gade's comment about his (and others') chances of winning the AE when LD is no longer there. And only in regards to the Men's field.
    - Of course, LYB or whoever is the chief in charge will not just watch China Men's field fall out of place once LD retires.
    The question is, since you feel CHN will continue to dominate the sport, if you can answer or tell us: Who do you feel is gonna be the "next" LD? Who'll take over his rein and carry the torch?:confused:
    - His main competitors will no doubt age. But if they still feel they can compete, they'll continue to compete. Basically, once LD hangs it up, the door to win AE, WC, will be wiiiiiiide open..
    - Nothing to do with WS field.

#12 ctjcad, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  13. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Thsi is going OT, but I agree with some of you. LD is an exceptional player, and as such it is not automatic that any player will step into his shoes. Other players have proven that when he is away they do not dominate & before him no one dominated.

In a funny way it will be good to get rid of him as it makes everything less predictable (albeit lower quality)

14. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Looks like Lin Dan meets Peter today at the Swiss Open. I predict an easy win by Lin Dan, but hope otherwise.

15. Johnny

Johnny Regular Member

Programmer
    Convincing win by Gade - 21-16 21-17! :eek:
    Way to go! :)

16. sting1988

sting1988 Regular Member

School
    PG still got it! hopefully he could win some titles this year

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

u underestimated how lyb think:p

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

hmmm, let see, LD lose to peter but CL can beat PG?

19. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

CL has beat LD before, remember? :D

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i cant understand why some people make future projection of success based on past performance metrics. LD has improved every years since 2004 and i can't say that about bcl to the same degree. In fact, practically every pro ( TH, PSH, LHI, PG, simon S., Ronald S., CJ, BCL, CH, CHJ to name a few) had or can beat LD before.

I just watched tago versus bcl of 10 AE, bcl deserve to lose.
    I think bcl has similar weakness as lcw.

#20 cooler, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010