User Tag List

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default China coach - unfair Tactic?

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/...BAD_Worlds.php

MADRID, Friday Eighth-seeded Bao Chunlai upset top-seeded Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia 22-20, 12-21, 21-18 to advance to the semifinals of the badminton World Championships on Friday.

Lee felt cheated by two controversial line calls at 17-17 and 19-17 in the decider that went against him. The second gave Bao a match-point and although Lee saved it, the relief was only temporary.

"I don't want to fight about it now but the shuttle was out on two crucial points," Lee said. "I don't think the decisions were fair. It was 50-50 out there and I could have won — but Bao played well."

Bao's win means three of China's four players are through to the semifinals after defending champion Taufik Hidayat was knocked out Thursday, but Lee claimed unfair tactics were used.

"The Chinese coach shouted at me during the match and threatened to break my legs, and that isn't acceptable. It was a psychological tactic to upset me," he said.

Bao now plays Lee Hyun-ll after the South Korean beat third-seeded Chen Jin of China 21-14, 19-21, 21-12.

"I felt very calm and I was in a very balanced mood," Bao said. "I didn't play well at the windy end, but I learned a lot from it. This was a very important match for me."

Chen Hong knocked out three-times European champion and 2001 worlds runner-up Peter Gade of Denmark 21-17, 15-21, 21-12.

"I still think Chen and I are among the four or five players capable of winning world titles," Gade said. "I shall try again next year and then go for the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008."

Chen will now play second-seeded teammate Lin Dan, who defeated Muh'd Hafiz Hashim 21-10, 21-9 in just 25 minutes.

On the women's side, Petra Overzier scored a shock win over Jiang Yanjiao 21-18, 14-21, 21-14 and will play Olympic gold medallist Zhang Ning, who beat Tracey Hallam 20-22, 21-10, 21-10.

In the other semifinal, defending champion Xie Xingfang will meet Xu Huaiwen. Xingfang beat fifth-seeded Pi Hongyan 21-17, 21-10 and Huaiwen topped Nedeltcheva 21-14, 17-21, 21-16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder if english or mandarian was use.
    if english, the umpire might heard it.
    if mandarian lcw prolly dun understand it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the chinese coaches alwiz yell during the matches, esp when the opponents know Mandarin. Not a new issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    i wonder if english or mandarian was use.
    if english, the umpire might heard it.
    if mandarian lcw prolly dun understand it.
    if Mandarin, LCW definitely understood it. He speaks Mandarin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But still it shouldn't be allowed!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

break my legs??? what's means???

BTW:
    China's Unfair Tactic? nobody like this title. that's unfair too...
    Last edited by mikemike; 09-22-2006 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it is their tactics to break the rhythm of their opponents. They use a lot of small tactics, ex. not allowing the opponents to change tha shuttle, towel break etc. Besides that, they will ''arrange'' the result of a match involving their own players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but Lee claimed unfair tactics were used.

"The Chinese coach shouted at me during the match and threatened to break my legs, and that isn't acceptable. It was a psychological tactic to upset me," he said.

i am a big fan of the chinese team, but a tactic like that is totally unacceptable. they shouldnt be using those kind of ways to beat their oppoenents.

but i also somewhat doubt that they would say something like that. which coaches where there watching Bao's game?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW should be glad he isn't a football player he will have 25,000 opposing fans threatening to break his legs!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if the Malaysian team made a protest on the Chinese coach's (alleged) shouting threats. If it is true, they should take action against it and should take appropriate measures to prevent similar things in future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20
    LCW should be glad he isn't a football player he will have 25,000 opposing fans threatening to break his legs!!

LOL, well he felt that just the Chinese coaches are more than enough to break his legs already. I guess he wanted to keep his legs more than winning the title... j/k!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20
    there's a difference between the fans and the coaches. we all know the fans would say whatever to get the opposing player off his/her game, but for a coach to say something like that is freaking stupid!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by virusvoodoo
    LOL, well he felt that just the Chinese coaches are more than enough to break his legs already. I guess he wanted to keep his legs more than winning the title... j/k!
    Well, i don't think that LCW was afraid of his legs being broken by the coach. Just that his focus and rhythm might be affected. A chinese reporter even admitted that Li Yong Bo was shouting, asking Lin Dan to break LCW's legs and shouted quite a few times 'ta ma de' during HK open final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Chinese coach is.......
    Last edited by weeyet; 09-22-2006 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr. Li Yongbo is totally a ********

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemike
    break my legs??? what's means???

BTW:
    China's Unfair Tactic? nobody like this title. that's unfair too...
    I am sorry I couldn't edit the title afterward. I meant to say Chinese coach or specifically one that goes by the name of Li Yong Bo. I don't think any other coach has any evil intention like this.
    Last edited by virusvoodoo; 09-22-2006 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I urge Mr. Li Yongbo to apologize

From source of my friend (a reporter), the person who shouted the words I bolded red in the text below, is the Chinese chief coach, Mr. Li Yongbo. He threatened Lee Chong Wei to ask Lin Dan to break his legs.

This is not the first time Mr. Li behaved in such a way. Therefore, I urge the IBF to instruct Chinese chief coach, Mr. Li to apologize and punish him by barring him from guiding players in the coach area in any competition for 6 months, as well as fine of USD 50m, for making violent threat to an opponent.

MADRID, Friday Eighth-seeded Bao Chunlai upset top-seeded Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia 22-20, 12-21, 21-18 to advance to the semifinals of the badminton World Championships on Friday.

Lee felt cheated by two controversial line calls at 17-17 and 19-17 in the decider that went against him. The second gave Bao a match-point and although Lee saved it, the relief was only temporary.

"I don't want to fight about it now but the shuttle was out on two crucial points," Lee said. "I don't think the decisions were fair. It was 50-50 out there and I could have won — but Bao played well."

Bao's win means three of China's four players are through to the semifinals after defending champion Taufik Hidayat was knocked out Thursday, but Lee claimed unfair tactics were used.

Bao now plays Lee Hyun-ll after the South Korean beat third-seeded Chen Jin of China 21-14, 19-21, 21-12.

"I felt very calm and I was in a very balanced mood," Bao said. "I didn't play well at the windy end, but I learned a lot from it. This was a very important match for me."

Chen Hong knocked out three-times European champion and 2001 worlds runner-up Peter Gade of Denmark 21-17, 15-21, 21-12.

"I still think Chen and I are among the four or five players capable of winning world titles," Gade said. "I shall try again next year and then go for the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008."

Chen will now play second-seeded teammate Lin Dan, who defeated Muh'd Hafiz Hashim 21-10, 21-9 in just 25 minutes.

On the women's side, Petra Overzier scored a shock win over Jiang Yanjiao 21-18, 14-21, 21-14 and will play Olympic gold medallist Zhang Ning, who beat Tracey Hallam 20-22, 21-10, 21-10.

In the other semifinal, defending champion Xie Xingfang will meet Xu Huaiwen. Xingfang beat fifth-seeded Pi Hongyan 21-17, 21-10 and Huaiwen topped Nedeltcheva 21-14, 17-21, 21-16.
    Last edited by weeyet; 09-22-2006 at 02:50 PM.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast