Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Li Yongbo, I am very disappointed with him

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    You guys should turn up your volume and listen carefully as LYB walking towards his seat.

I do not want to translate it. Any one who knows enough Mandarin can understand it. LYB is just taking advantage of the fact that the umpire does not understand Mandarin. But seriously, I think IBF should have some kind of penalty for such behavior.
    if Li Yongbo ever show up here in the BC forums, i am afraid i might have to ban him for rudeness... haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYB say"XXXX" in a loud voice to Japan umpire's mother .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemike
    LYB say"XXXX" in a loud voice to Japan umpire's mother .
    come guys ........ please inform what LYB said .......

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maa2003
    come guys ........ please inform what LYB said .......
    not something that should be posted here. let's leave that to the readers' imagination.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    not something that should be posted here. let's leave that to the readers' imagination.
    not Chinese so what to do ........... I just saw the Chinese ppl was a little bit shock after heard what LYB said, while the lady in front computer try to ask the Chinese ppl behind her ..... it must be very insulting ....... (remind me Metarazzi against Zidane).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/it1myr

Amplification of his rude swearing.

Those who could not understand chinese, find a chinese pal and translate for you. Man this guy is a shame of the chinese and badminton community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitely too fast for me to grap...anyone can translate for me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYB has gone too far in expressing his disagreement. He is quite impolite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of you feel that he is a shame.

I have a different view.

Actually, I am "glad" that he is around. He is a fresh new air, as compared to all the other current/previous asian coaches who are too timid or mild mannered (maybe they think that they are like gentlemen, they want to preserve their image etc), and almost always quietly swallows any unfair judgements metted out to their team.

I strongly believe that it's important to be aggressive and make your protest known and taken into account. It's for the long term good of your team, because the next time the linesman/judge tries to be unfair, he will subconciously refrain from doing so because they are reminded by your previous strong protest. On the other hand if you don't protest to defend what you think is right, very soon other people will happily keep on victimising you because they know they won't get confronted.

Most non-asian players/coaches protest strongly against any judgement they don't like. Asians used to keep quiet. Luckily in recent years asians have started to make some protest on the court. I see that as an improvement.

In this case of CH vs TH, after that protest by LYB, there was no more controversial judgements afterwards, absolute zero misjudgements. That's the effect we want.

Protests and confrontation speed up improvement. Don't sit back and wish for improvement to happen by itself.

Anyway, Li Yong Bo is an extreme example because he always go overboard and crosses the line sometimes. But I'd rather have him around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record, the shot that CH protested against, was really OUT and CH was right. But, it was very close to the line and the shuttlecock was not in an upright position when it landed. So, it's easy to missjudge. Considering that fact that both players were not from Europe (the linesman's region), I believe that the linesman had no particular preference and so he made a genuine mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man did you really listen to what he shouted? I think we are not discussing whether he should protest or not. It is what he said after protesting that's kind of inappropriate.
    Openly insulting the umpire is unacceptable. The fact that he KNEW the umpire could not understand his insulting shows he is really mean.

Quote Originally Posted by ccskaki

I have a different view.

Actually, I am "glad" that he is around. He is a fresh new air, as compared to all the other current/previous asian coaches who are too timid or mild mannered (maybe they think that they are like gentlemen, they want to preserve their image etc), and almost always quietly swallows any unfair judgements metted out to their team.

I strongly believe that it's important to be aggressive and make your protest known and taken into account. It's for the long term good of your team, because the next time the linesman/judge tries to be unfair, he will subconciously refrain from doing so because they are reminded by your previous strong protest. On the other hand if you don't protest to defend what you think is right, very soon other people will happily keep on victimising you because they know they won't get confronted.

Most non-asian players/coaches protest strongly against any judgement they don't like. Asians used to keep quiet. Luckily in recent years asians have started to make some protest on the court. I see that as an improvement.

In this case of CH vs TH, after that protest by LYB, there was no more controversial judgements afterwards, absolute zero misjudgements. That's the effect we want.

Protests and confrontation speed up improvement. Don't sit back and wish for improvement to happen by itself.

Anyway, Li Yong Bo is an extreme example because he always go overboard and crosses the line sometimes. But I'd rather have him around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    Man did you really listen to what he shouted? I think we are not discussing whether he should protest or not. It is what he said after protesting that's kind of inappropriate.
    Openly insulting the umpire is unacceptable. The fact that he KNEW the umpire could not understand his insulting shows he is really mean.
    Yes I know what he shouted. That's why I said sometimes he crosses the line. But you have to like how the match turned out in the end: fair and square.

I'd rather my national team's coach be rude and at the same time being able to protect our interest, rather than a nice-guy coach who leads a victimised national team.

Team Malaysia always file a formal "protest" after everything is settled. That kind of "protest" is useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a different view.

Actually, I am "glad" that he is around. He is a fresh new air, as compared 。。。。。
    Dude, he is no "fresh air". He is brings "stench" in the world badminton scene to be appropriate....
    Last edited by zqloy; 09-22-2006 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zqloy
    Dude, he is no "fresh air". He is brings "stench" in the world badminton scene to be appropriate....
    Nice arguments you have there man...

But no I actually admire LYB more than I hate him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure you would change your mind if the umpire was your relative...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malaysia should hire you as "head coach" and may be we will win more titles as the "aggressive" coach produces more champion, as seen in your eyes. And if you fail then the domination of Team China may have something to do with its pool of talents, not "aggressive" head coach

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast